Feb. 9, Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Didn't Cole start slow last season too? I forget.

DD is running out of time before his season becomes a full-blown crisis.

Interesting to see Therrien beginning to reward Eller for some solid play - Habs29 should be pleased with that at least.

Somebody needs to take charge out there. PK, Eller, and the energy line seem to be the only ones playing with any drive at all.

Bob Frikkin Cole is blind. You have Prust, DD and MaxPac and he says the line on the ice is DD, Cole and MaxPac.

Time for forced retirement!

• Upvote 1

Kadri looked pretty small against Eller on the draw, but he won the draw and the leafs got a chance. Size is an excuse. Lack of effort is the issue.

A few small guys are fine, but small guys up and down the lineup get worn down as the season goes on.

Interesting to see Therrien beginning to reward Eller for some solid play - Habs29 should be pleased with that at least.

Somebody needs to take charge out there. PK, Eller, and the energy line seem to be the only ones playing with any drive at all.

Cole has always been a slow starter. Remember last year when he wasn't on the PP to start the year and martin said that he had lousy PP stats.

Eller and Gally squared looked pretty good, but they should be supported by either Markov or Subban on the bluline.

Yes, Cole is a slow starter.

A few small guys are fine, but small guys up and down the lineup get worn down as the season goes on.

agreed, but we really aren't that small anymore. We have four small guys on the team. Gionta, DD, Galy jr. and Bouillon. None of them plays small or backs down.

Anyone know what the Habs record is this season when Bob Cole is calling the game?

No, but anyone knows Cole's record for not screwing up on the play by play over a 5min period?

• Upvote 1

I don't think the 'smurfs' accusation makes much sense any more. We've got crash-n-bangers all through the lineup now. So I'm with those who say size isn't the issue tonight...a bunch of guys dragging their asses is.

It happens, especially in a compressed season. The challenge now is for each individual to up his play, and for the coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments. I like the fact that Therrien started juggling the lines. You CAN'T leave sluggards like that together. But there are probably more systematic adjustments that he needs to make as well, adapting to whatever the Leafs are doing.

I like the drive I'm seeing from Subban and the kids.

• Upvote 1

You are bang-on.

I agree with brobin as well. There's a reason he was never drafted. Sure we all love those types of players, those stories. He had a nice season last year, playing on our top six, when he's never been projected as a top six player. Yes, there are exceptions. Players who against all the odds, exceed expectations. I fear Desharnais isn't one of them.

I havent seen much out of Max this season either... If that line doesnt duplicate last year we are screwed. So far, our wins are coming from Price and the D. Just not feeling it with the forward lines. I still think we need another Chucky in the draft and a way to replace DD and Gallager with a big, power center.

Last year I suggested we trade DD as his stock was high and I didnt see him as a long term solution for this team. I fear his value is dropping quickly.

There's no way I'd replace Gallagher. If any small forwards have to go, I say Gionta is the most likely candidate. He's older than the other two, and Gallagher works as hard as Gio, while DD is more offensively talented that Gio.

Great - Moen on the 2nd line :wall:

It looks like a rotation for now, Gallagher had a shift there last period as well as Prust.

Anyone know what the Habs record is this season when Bob Cole is calling the game?

2-0 (both wins from last weekend), 0-1 with Jim Hughson.

There's no way I'd replace Gallagher. If any small forwards have to go, I say Gionta is the most likely candidate. He's older than the other two, and Gallagher works as hard as Gio, while DD is more offensively talented that Gio.

Gallagher is excited and is paying well, much like DD last year. It doesnt mean he will be great year after year. I am not set on dumping him, but there is better out there.

Gallagher is excited and is paying well, much like DD last year. It doesnt mean he will be great year after year. I am not set on dumping him, but there is better out there.

Seriously??? the kid is the second best offensive prospect in our system!!

for some reason this team just not get up for the leafs???

Emelin looked bad on that goal. He was chasing the play instead of keeping an eye on the player in front of the net. Not sure why he's paired with Gorges instead of Markov.

Three and done. We just dont have guys driving the net and scoring.

So, with three straight losses, has the bubble burst? ( assuming we lose tonuight)

And now a penalty... Note how few PPs we get against Toronto...

Three and done. We just dont have guys driving the net and scoring.

So, with three straight losses, has the bubble burst? ( assuming we lose tonuight)

And now a penalty... Note how few PPs we get against Toronto...

hard to get a PP, when you are sitting back doing zilch!

Blue and White are flying tonight...and we'll make Reimer look like Vladislav Tretiak. Oh, and you can't complain about CBC being Leaf centric. They look like a better team. Sure, our jerseys look pretty.