Feb. 9, Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

hard to get a PP, when you are sitting back on doing zilch!

True, but i am talking historically.

There were a few let go against the leafs in the first. Its not why we are losing, but if they are hoping for the PP to bail them out, i wouldnt count on it.

WTF?? What was that penalty on Gallegher for?????? And I just LOVE the CBC announcers - i can live with the unsportsmanlike penalty????

Gionta has an open five hole and instead of pounding the puck along the ice and in... He tries to lift it and puts it right into Riemers chest... What the hell happened to Giontas "hands"

If he doesn't get it together, he's going to become Gomez 2.0 with his cap hit.

may as well pull Price. Team really hasn't shown up. Don't get why the habs don't bother to show up against the leafs until the game is pretty much decided.

Well, they were playing a lot better until that unfortunate call against Bourque. Figures.

Ultimately, this is just One of Those Games. I've seen these many times over the years, and my view is, you take the loss and hope to hell to escape without injury. Because these are the kind of games where either some key guy goes down or several players do. It just seems to work that way.

Habs didn't show up, they weren't into it, their feet were mired in cement, nothing clicked. What's probably happened is that the initial burst of early season enthusiasm has worn off and they're searching for their collective second wind. Markov in particular has tailed off (his footspeed has clearly declined since his prime - you see it every time he's in a race for the puck). A win against Buffalo might have helped, but instead they got a deflating defeat.

They'll need to figure it out, but I wouldn't be stunned to find us a .500 or worse before we begin pulling out of the slump.

Not sure a bag skate is the answer. Rest might be.

There's also the possibility that the Leafs are just a bad matchup for them.

dropping 3 straight against divisional opponents isn't going to help making the playoffs in a short season.

Funniest shit in the world. Bourque gets called for high-stick, yet when the call is made Toronto touches the puck and official pointing at the Toronto player. All signs point to Toronto penalty, come back after the commercial break and Bourque in the box. I just don't understand how games are called anymore.

very disapointing effort so far. This group needs a little shakeup. This is a game where White could have gone nuts and it would have been ok. I am at a loss, they are being outplayed by the mfking leafs, and that is unacceptable. :wall::habslogo:

Sadly, this team isnt that great. We beat a few struggling teams early and had some nice PP success, but we are not going anywhere with no top line. Gionta cant score, yet he is the only one driving the net ( bourque has most nights too).

Getting really tired of watching Cole and Max shoot from the boards, right to the goalies chest. Are those guys not suppose to be our "power forwards"?

When you are pinning your hopes on Eller and an 18 year old kid to carry the load... You are in trouble.

• Upvote 1

"Not sure a bag skate is the answer. Rest might be."

You might be right, but they do not deserve to enjoy that rest. I suggest a compromise: they get to rest....BUT...that rest involves sitting in recliners while locked in a room playing Justin Bieber music for several hours.

You might be right, but they do not deserve to enjoy that rest. I suggest a compromise: they get to rest....BUT...that rest involves sitting in recliners while locked in a room playing Justin Bieber music for several hours.

You fiend!

There's a lot of kids on this team.... they might actually enjoy that.

may as well pull Price. Team really hasn't shown up. Don't get why the habs don't bother to show up against the leafs until the game is pretty much decided.

I'm thinking the same and it's not like Budaj couldn't use the extra game action. Certainly not Price's fault though.

There better be a bag skate in Brossard scheduled for 7am tomorrow morning.

The Habs have tried to schedule Sunday off days as part of the new CBA that says teams are supposed to schedule 4 off days per month, I suspect tomorrow will be one of those days which may make it challenging to have a practice.