Feb. 9, Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

I never watch CBC. Why would I? The 'experts' are mostly buffoons and the whole hokey patriotism schtick is grating beyond belief. TSN is so far ahead of them in terms of analysis it's not even funny. Do yourself a favour: get RDS. They're not perfect either, but at least you don't have to put up with this Leafs Are Canadas Team bulldink.

Whoever said that we need a first line is dead right. Cole, Patches and DD HAVE to start bringing it.

I first noticed this business of the whole team not being able to shoot straight against Rask. Bizarre to find it continuing. But there are enough proven scorers on the Habs that I can't believe this isn't an aberration.

Beyond that, for my money this is Therrien's first real test as coach. He has to find some answers, but I think we're already in a slump and are looking at a couple of Florida losses before it starts to turn around.

The leafs are a bigger, faster team. When they get decent goaltending, they win. If they had a real goalie who was good most nights, they would be a playoff team for sure.

We have the goalie, but the team in front just isnt that great. We need another top pick and a decent trade or FA signing.

Oh, and Armstrong is making Moen look more useful.

WTF was Price still in the net after the 4th goal???? Not his fault, but why leave him in there with no help?????

Prust was a terrific signing. He's done his job to a T and deserves more love than he's gotten: in effect, a Kostopolous who can actually fight. Notwithstanding the fact that Pleks has been invisible on this particular night, it's the 'top line' that has consistently let us down so far. Unless Markov can return to being superhuman we do need those guys to be something like the superb combo they were last season.

EDIT: Habs29, I totally agree. Leaving Price in when he was obviously playing hurt (at least, in the 1st) makes little sense. Give Budaj the work, give The Franchise a bit of rest, it's not rocket science.

Shutout

Blatant bite... That better be a suspension.

The habs deserved to lose but Tim Peel allowed this game to get ugly and screwed several calls. He allowed the leafs to get away with stuff while finding every call he could against the habs. Up to the Orr double minor, the leafs were rewarded for every fight and dirty play.

We need to get bigger. Now the Bruins, Philly, and the Leafs can push us around at will. Gionta and Gally were useless against the bigger leafs.