Feb 16th, 2013 - Flyers vs Habs

brobin

The problem is their trying to groom PK to take over for Markov. Thats why Markov and Subban are together on the PP. Also Markov has had his most success with a shooter as his counterpart. While Diaz has chemistry, it turns Markov into the primary shooter. I agree that it's working and they should keep Diaz and Markov together, then late game if their up a couple and have a PP, throw PK and Markov together. I stand behind having Markov and Diaz together, it makes Markov more dangerous when he's a shooter because he does pass.

Subban hardly passes the puck, and he has to change that if he wants to be a PP elite in this league. He needs to add the element of surprise so the defense doesn't guess right 90% of the time. On paper a lefty and a righty on the back end on the PP would be lethal especially with the shots those 2 (Subban/Markov) possess, but because Subban shoots 4/5 times the puck comes to him the defense prepares from this and takes away the shooting lane, forcing missed shots or blocked shots. If Subban can master the one-touch pass that made Markov's career, he will be one of, if not the best PP QB in the league.

Yup, way to predictable with PK and it seems to take away Markov's creativity. If PK wants to take over, he should run a PP unit and not just be a shooter for markov.

I do like using them together on a two man advantage, and I could see Markov taking a long shift and playing a bit with PK.

Looks like this game is going to be called weird again. Embellishment on Prust for falling down after getting hit. No call for Chucky getting boarded in our own zone, but a hand pass called instead. Looks like I need to warm up my voice, gonna be yelling at the TV alot tonight.

Markov was the weakest player on that PP, and that is never a good thing.

He hardly touched the puck. Someone needs to have a serious conversation with PK. On the PP, Boucher went butterfly before PK shot the puck. Everybody knew PK was going to shoot because he was on his off-side. Just sad that much potential is being wasted because he's making himself too predictable. A one-time pass back to Markov at that same moment, would of changed the whole PP. Boucher would of been down and out, with defenders scrambling, instead was an easy save.

The problem is their trying to groom PK to take over for Markov. Thats why Markov and Subban are together on the PP. Also Markov has had his most success with a shooter as his counterpart. While Diaz has chemistry, it turns Markov into the primary shooter. I agree that it's working and they should keep Diaz and Markov together, then late game if their up a couple and have a PP, throw PK and Markov together. I stand behind having Markov and Diaz together, it makes Markov more dangerous when he's a shooter because he does pass.

Subban hardly passes the puck, and he has to change that if he wants to be a PP elite in this league. He needs to add the element of surprise so the defense doesn't guess right 90% of the time. On paper a lefty and a righty on the back end on the PP would be lethal especially with the shots those 2 (Subban/Markov) possess, but because Subban shoots 4/5 times the puck comes to him the defense prepares from this and takes away the shooting lane, forcing missed shots or blocked shots. If Subban can master the one-touch pass that made Markov's career, he will be one of, if not the best PP QB in the league.

I agree that Subban needs to be MUCH smarter on the PP. Reminds me a lot of MacInnis who had a booming shot in the mid-80's, but missed the net a lot. he not only scared the opposition goalies (i think other then Gilmour, wone of the reasons we lost the 89 cup was Roy was gun shy over MacInnis's shot), he also scared the opposition.

On the PP, Subban needs to improve on the following:

- Use his teammates, just like Pleks on a 2-1, almost everyone knows Subban is shooting

- Get his shot of faster, the hesitation, fakes and the long windup need to go

- Practice on improving his accuracy so he hits the net more often.

How Subban decides to adjust will determine if tops out as Gaston GIngras or MacInnis as a PP threat.

With respect to Diaz turning Markov into a shooter, that is actually a good thing. Having both dman as threats to shoot and score, makes the PP much more effective.

The biggest difference from having immense talent and having that talent translate into a player becoming an elite talent and long term dominate player is how the player learns and adjusts his game. IMO that is the big difference between Ovechkin and Crosby. Crosby worked on his weak points (faceoff, shooting), whereas, Ovechkin is still making the same now perdictable plays he did when he came into the league.

He hardly touched the puck. Someone needs to have a serious conversation with PK. On the PP, Boucher went butterfly before PK shot the puck. Everybody knew PK was going to shoot because he was on his off-side. Just sad that much potential is being wasted because he's making himself too predictable. A one-time pass back to Markov at that same moment, would of changed the whole PP. Boucher would of been down and out, with defenders scrambling, instead was an easy save.

PK was creative and controlled the play. Markov killed 2 or 3 chances by being weak on his stick.

I don't watch other teams, can barely sit through some of our games, like Toronto last week. The Flyers look horrible. They sure miss Pronger and Hartnell. Briere looks invisible up to now. As they played last night, we really should come out flying in second.

Budaj has got to have the worst rebound control in the league :wall: That should have been a harmless play and almost cost us.

Good goal for 2-0 lead. More effort than talent on the drive, but I like the forwards puck pursuit on the play.

I just noticed that Emelin is no longer wearing the cage shield. Is this new for tonight's game, or did he start wearing it in a previous game?

The flyers look awful, but with Budaj in the nets the habs have to stop playing with fire by the continual parade to the penalty box.

I just noticed that Emelin is no longer wearing the cage shield. Is this new for tonight's game, or did he start wearing it in a previous game?

I had read that he needed to wear it to start the season, don't remember how long he was supposed to wear it for though.