Feb 16th, 2013 - Flyers vs Habs

brobin

I agree, but people aren't counting on Armstrong or Moen to develop into a key player... Thats the concern with Eller.

I've said it before, you can't expect to develop a skilled player by playing him with two slugs. The kid is not Brian Skrudland. Why are we using him like he is??? Either Eller or DD should be put on the wing. Eller needs to be in the top 9 to be effective, otherwise, he's not going to be producing and will eventually be run out of town and he will join a long list of former habs that finds success elsewhere.

He's another guy that should never have been in Montreal when we traded for him, but since he was moved for Halak he was in Montreal, rather than Hamilton.

That was a nice win overall. The Flyers looked right out of it (no complaints) while the offence looked a lot better than they did in Florida. Hopefully the injuries aren't too severe (I thought Emelin's looked the worst out of the 4).

And best yet, they won the faceoff battle! Eller was terrific (10/14) in that regard. Full stats: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/ES020206.HTM

Standings alert: The Habs lead the Northeast Division.

I've said it before, you can't expect to develop a skilled player by playing him with two slugs. The kid is not Brian Skrudland. Why are we using him like he is??? Either Eller or DD should be put on the wing. Eller needs to be in the top 9 to be effective, otherwise, he's not going to be producing and will eventually be run out of town and he will join a long list of former habs that finds success elsewhere.

He's another guy that should never have been in Montreal when we traded for him, but since he was moved for Halak he was in Montreal, rather than Hamilton.

He got more ice time them either Gally, or Cole. He was getting shifts on the third line. My issue isnt with production, I just keep seeing lazy, soft plays. We know he can play hard, but he has to do it consistently regardless of the line he is on..

He got more ice time them either Gally, or Cole. He was getting shifts on the third line. My issue isnt with production, I just keep seeing lazy, soft plays. We know he can play hard, but he has to do it consistently regardless of the line he is on..

I'd actually like to see him play a whole game with Gally and Cole - I think that combo would help all three of them. He's getting his ice time, but its in an entirely defensive role - which will wear on most offensive players.

Anyway, we got the win tonight, which is the main thing - although it certainly helped that for the most part, Philly was a no show. So this was more about us taking advantage and picking up the points then reading too much into beating the flyers 4-1.

I'd actually like to see him play a whole game with Gally and Cole - I think that combo would help all three of them. He's getting his ice time, but its in an entirely defensive role - which will wear on most offensive players.

Anyway, we got the win tonight, which is the main thing - although it certainly helped that for the most part, Philly was a no show. So this was more about us taking advantage and picking up the points then reading too much into beating the flyers 4-1.

Depending on how Galy and Pacs are, i suspect he will get more offensive time.

Depending on how Galy and Pacs are, i suspect he will get more offensive time.

I hope that's not the opening that gets Eller the ice time. Those are two guys i don't want us losing. Galy jr has looked great and while MaxPac has been getting his points, we need his scoring.

Man, by reading the boards you would think this team is 2-13 with the worst coach in the league an. Give it a rest, the are way better than anyone could have expected. They are fun to watch and have some good young talent. Sure they have plenty of holes. They play hard, skate hard, play as physical as a bunch of smurfs can.

Budaj was solid, all you need from him. Depending on how sick Price is he may go again Monday. They won;t play Price back to back after being sick. I'd rather play Budaj in New York, Price is really bad at MSG if i remeber correvtly.

I was wrong on Patches - DD - Gallagher. Didn't realize my boy Gallagher would wake up the line.

I'm sure Gally and Patches were taken out as precaution and they'll be more than fine next game.

I sure hope so, we cant afford to rely on Cole to provide the lost offence