Mar. 3, Canadiens vs Bruins, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Dean Morton officiating his usual no call game. BTW-I apologize for a previous post when I identified Morton as the official who was involved in a wrongful dismisal case. I think, in retrospect, it was Dean Warren. Morton hasn't done a lot of games lately though

geeze-now I can start breathing again :gohabsgo:

Looks like Desharnais is once again proving the doubters wrong. Nice to see.

I must admit, after looking useless in the first 8 games or so, he's really turned it around.

What a game. Proof this team is one of the best in the East.

What a turnaround for Gionta and Desharnais. Everyone wants them off the team but they are producing and playing great right now. Gionta might have been a -1 but wow was he playing hard.

Gallagher is a big reason Montreal is as good as they are this season.

Subban played 26:49 and Therrien was about to jump off the bench in anger when he was boarded. We ready to stop the Therrien hates Subban stuff?

That Gionta/Chara faceoff was the funniest thing ever.

I don't see this team missing the playoffs. They are playing great en route to the hardest road trip of the season.

Fantastic road win and with the back up to boot.

Dean Morton officiating his usual no call game. BTW-I apologize for a previous post when I identified Morton as the official who was involved in a wrongful dismisal case. I think, in retrospect, it was Dean Warren. Morton hasn't done a lot of games lately though

Do you have a link to this story?

These guys will make the playoffs, barring some roster-gutting injuries. They have guts by the bucketful and - thanks to the kids, and the improvement of Eller - good balance. No one line has to do it every single night. The D, meanwhile, needs Diaz (who would've thought we'd be saying that?) but as long as #79 is healthy remains one of the better configurations in the East.

Maybe it's time we begin shifting the conversation from whether we can make the dance to whether we can do real damage.

I have to give a big thank you to Chara for taking himself out for 15 minutes.

17 but yes that was an excellent trade off for the Habs.

great cross check by Emelin that was the TSN turning point.

Gallagher wins Rookie of the Year.

You heard it here first

Will be tough to bead Huberdeau and Tarasanko.

I must admit, after looking useless in the first 8 games or so, he's really turned it around.

Just needed to replace Cole with Gallagher and his effort.

Much smaller of course but boy oh boy does he create space for his line mates.

Habs also lead the league in players with 10 or more points.

Anyone want to guess how many they have?

I just want to point one thing out.

In the second period, when the Habs played the Bruins game, and got caught up in their B.S. Thuggery, the Bruins outscored us and took the lead.

In the third period, when we played hockey and didn't fall for their tricks. We scored 2 goals and won the game.

Thats how you beat Boston. Don't get caught playing their game. Play our game, Speed and Skill over thuggery.

The best revenge for Chara acting like a gorilla, is to beat them on the scoreboard. This loss hurts Chara more than any punch can. We are in first place and he can cry on his mom's shoulder, I wonder how crying on bigfoot's shoulder is.

I just want to point one thing out.

In the second period, when the Habs played the Bruins game, and got caught up in their B.S. Thuggery, the Bruins outscored us and took the lead.

In the third period, when we played hockey and didn't fall for their tricks. We scored 2 goals and won the game.

Thats how you beat Boston. Don't get caught playing their game. Play our game, Speed and Skill over thuggery.

The best revenge for Chara acting like a gorilla, is to beat them on the scoreboard. This loss hurts Chara more than any punch can. We are in first place and he can cry on his mom's shoulder, I wonder how crying on bigfoot's shoulder is.

It's a great point, and it's how we've had disproportionate success against the Bruins despite being 'smurfs.' In 2011 it took Chara's attempt to permanently cripple Patches along with the absence of Markov for them to be able to beat us. You've got the recipe, and the Habs know what it is, when they keep their heads.

JMMR-there are umpteen stories re Dean Warren if you google "Dean Warren referee". This was the case that pretty well lead to Colin Campbell leaving Also, Dean Morton's name comes up in a lot of articles re folks complaining about referees.

17 but yes that was an excellent trade off for the Habs.

great cross check by Emelin that was the TSN turning point.

Will be tough to bead Huberdeau and Tarasanko.

Just needed to replace Cole with Gallagher and his effort.

Much smaller of course but boy oh boy does he create space for his line mates.

Habs also lead the league in players with 10 or more points.

Anyone want to guess how many they have?

What a huge win tonight! What impresses me most about Gallagher is his hockey sense when he has the puck. His decision making is way above your typical rookie.