March 19, Sabres vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

1st period : nothing but Buffalo's goals

2nd period : nothing but penalties

3rd period : nothing but Habs' goals

Might end up well for us... ;)

I hated Ott when he was a Bulldog.................LOL. But he's the kind of agitator that you'd like on your team

I hate that BS call on PK, but I have no idea what he was doing on that play... Best case he gave up a two on one.... I think he was pissed about the non call on the hold. I also find it interesting that he mouthed off to the ref on the non call and the ref makes a fantasy call against PK at his first opportunity.

Bad play by PK and a pox on the ref for deciding the game.

was the bad call made by Devorski, who at 54 years old can't keep up any longer or L'ecuyer who is ECHL talent at best. Devorski guesses at calls when he can't see them cleanly!

I hate that BS call on PK, but I have no idea what he was doing on that play... Best case he gave up a two on one.... I think he was pissed about the non call on the hold. I also find it interesting that he mouthed off to the ref on the non call and the ref makes a fantasy call against PK at his first opportunity.

Bad play by PK and a pox on the ref for deciding the game.

It was an exclamation point to a statement the Habs had been making since they gave up the first 2 goals: "We're ing coming for you bitches."

Even with the hit not landing, all of a sudden the Sabres look smaller and the Habs look bigger. The momentum would be Montreal's for the entire OT. Was there really any doubt that Montreal was going to complete the comeback?

Instead we got a phantom call. It wasn't even close.

The ref ruined the game, and Therrien should let everyone know it through the press.

It was an exclamation point to a statement the Habs had been making since they gave up the first 2 goals: "We're ing coming for you bitches."

Even with the hit not landing, all of a sudden the Sabres look smaller and the Habs look bigger. The momentum would be Montreal's for the entire OT. Was there really any doubt that Montreal was going to complete the comeback?

Instead we got a phantom call. It wasn't even close.

The ref ruined the game, and Therrien should let everyone know it through the press.

well MT didn't rip the ref, but put the blame on Subban instead.

The ref screwed up, but we didnt need PK to go looking for a big hit in OT, we already had all the momentum. It was a dumb play even if the ref hadn't called a penalty. He had been much better at controlling himself and picking his spots up to that point.

That was the kind of hit needed in the first when we were asleep. It is too high risk for OT when we have the momentum.

well stated Brobin! Out of curiousity, do you know if it was Devorski or L'ecuyer that made the call on PK? I was just listening in on 660 on the 'puter

The ref screwed up, but we didnt need PK to go looking for a big hit in OT, we already had all the momentum. It was a dumb play even if the ref hadn't called a penalty. He had been much better at controlling himself and picking his spots up to that point.

That was the kind of hit needed in the first when we were asleep. It is too high risk for OT when we have the momentum.

We did have the momentum, but it was the type of big hit that would of set the Bell Centre on fire. If he missed, we still would of had the momentum, if he hit it, the game probably wouldn't of seen a shootout anyway. We would of probably pinned Buffalo in their own zone for the rest of the OT. May of even drew a penalty out of Buffalo for that hit or the subsequent play in the Buffalo zone.

Just pointing out how that horrible call, especially in OT, screwed us. We probably would of walked away with 2 points without that call. A stick to the helmet isn't something to call in OT at the best of times, especially if the guy is wearing a visor and doesn't even react to the stick hitting him. Calling that call garbage is insulting garbage everywhere.

• Upvote 1

We did have the momentum, but it was the type of big hit that would of set the Bell Centre on fire. If he missed, we still would of had the momentum, if he hit it, the game probably wouldn't of seen a shootout anyway. We would of probably pinned Buffalo in their own zone for the rest of the OT. May of even drew a penalty out of Buffalo for that hit or the subsequent play in the Buffalo zone.

Just pointing out how that horrible call, especially in OT, screwed us. We probably would of walked away with 2 points without that call. A stick to the helmet isn't something to call in OT at the best of times, especially if the guy is wearing a visor and doesn't even react to the stick hitting him. Calling that call garbage is insulting garbage everywhere.

I'm going to agree with you. And I might be the most objective fan here. I would go as far to say that the call before was garbage. Interference, yes. But the penalty was called when it had no effect on the play. Buffalo quickly cleared the zone. At that moment, in a heated game, the whistle should be in the refs back pocket.

But this was not the type of play where the coach needs to call out a player in the media - do it in the room. If anything, call our MaxPac for his penalty at the end of the third.