March 19, Sabres vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

this is just my opininion but if subban had of nailed that S.O.B , I think we would have won the O/T. I don't get where we start blaming the player for a ref who can't see. IT WAS'NT A PENALTY. Not today not tommorrow not ever. This is the way he plays. He hits hard he shoots hard and he can carry the puck. We love him for that. Do not now say "oh he didnt need to do that " in a girlie voice, because that is how he plays and he should. Blame the forking ref corksucker who can't see his duck if he has it in both hands. Nuff said, bad loss but in no way is it pk's fault. you win as a team and you lose as a team. g'nite :habslogo:

• Upvote 3

But this was not the type of play where the coach needs to call out a player in the media - do it in the room. If anything, call our MaxPac for his penalty at the end of the third.

Or DD for his giveaway for the 1st goal.

So we are calling out the player because the ref called a non penalty? I understand why, and it was in the back of my mind too, but there was no contact at all, and even if there was, it would have been a light glance off the top of his helmet.

I agree that PK should not look for the hit which is not there, but the hit was there. The other guy dodged it. There was no penalty. I support these plays sometimes. Between Subban and Emelin,, I like the idea, that there is a seed of doubt in the opposing forward's mind when he crosses the blue line.

• Upvote 2

Or DD for his giveaway for the 1st goal.

Actually if you take the whole play in consideration that first goal was Subban's fault. DD was beat on the puck, we don't like to see it but it happens. Before that Subban had all the time and space in the world to clear the puck out and put it right into the defenseman. Subban could of cleared the zone and didn't.

So we are calling out the player because the ref called a non penalty? I understand why, and it was in the back of my mind too, but there was no contact at all, and even if there was, it would have been a light glance off the top of his helmet.

I agree that PK should not look for the hit which is not there, but the hit was there. The other guy dodged it. There was no penalty. I support these plays sometimes. Between Subban and Emelin,, I like the idea, that there is a seed of doubt in the opposing forward's mind when he crosses the blue line.

In the first 24CH after Subban returned there was a scene between periods where MT told Subban to not look for the hit, but to play strong defensively and the hits will come. I think that is the message he is trying to get across to Emelin and Subban. We can say what we want but look how much better Emelin looks this year defensively. Calling Subban out tonight was bad, no doubt about it. I think the calling out was just to enforce his point to Subban about not looking to make big hits, but letting the hits come to him.

In the first 24CH after Subban returned there was a scene between periods where MT told Subban to not look for the hit, but to play strong defensively and the hits will come. I think that is the message he is trying to get across to Emelin and Subban. We can say what we want but look how much better Emelin looks this year defensively. Calling Subban out tonight was bad, no doubt about it. I think the calling out was just to enforce his point to Subban about not looking to make big hits, but letting the hits come to him.

Exactly... It wasn't the penalty, it was taking himself out of position looking for the hit that upset MT. I will give MT the benefit of the doubt on this one as he is clearly working on making PK a better defenseman. Less is more for PK.

Another change I have seen in PK is on the PP. we are seeing fewer big windups and more varied shot selections. These changes are what will turn a great defenseman into an elite defenseman. Sometimes the lesson will be learned witha gentle chat sometimes with a calling out. As long as PK learns the lessons, he will be fine.

Sucks that we lost, but considering we were down by 2 goals after the first 20 minutes, it was nice to see our boys storm back in the 3rd period. We managed to get a point and had it not been for the idiotic call by the ref, we could've won.

Sucks but we salvaged one point and we move on to Long Island Thursday. Get the 2 points in Long Island, no excuses!

Exactly... It wasn't the penalty, it was taking himself out of position looking for the hit that upset MT. I will give MT the benefit of the doubt on this one as he is clearly working on making PK a better defenseman. Less is more for PK.

Another change I have seen in PK is on the PP. we are seeing fewer big windups and more varied shot selections. These changes are what will turn a great defenseman into an elite defenseman. Sometimes the lesson will be learned witha gentle chat sometimes with a calling out. As long as PK learns the lessons, he will be fine.

I think that if MT had seen that subban had missed The Diver and got an uncalled for penalty he may not have called him out. I wonder how he feels about it today.

I think that if MT had seen that subban had missed The Diver and got an uncalled for penalty he may not have called him out. I wonder how he feels about it today.

I don't think it was a dive, Subban clipped his arm causing spin. What irritated me was Pysyk didn't make any motion like a player that got hit with a high-stick, yet the ref called it anyway.

I don't think it was a dive, Subban clipped his arm causing spin. What irritated me was Pysyk didn't make any motion like a player that got hit with a high-stick, yet the ref called it anyway.

I was actually referring to his head movement which made it appear he got clipped in the face. But c'est le guerre it was not a penalty.

Wasn't a penalty, but Subban still needs to learn a little self control. I know its easy to say but thats a play where he needs to play the puck, not go for the monster hit. I still think he's one of the most talented d-men in the league, and I think he will win the Norris some day soon.

I was at this game and I was lucky to see first hand how talented and better Subban is than everybody. Every time he had the puck you could feel the electricity in the building. He deserves more credit for his hockey I.Q than he is given credit for. I didn't know his ability to read the play was so good. Yes he makes mistakes but he also makes great plays by taking chances. I don't know about everyone else, but I want a guy on my team who makes things happen. Even by missing the big hit on that play, he still had teammates behind him. Buffalo wasn't going to score because of the missed hit. But if he made the hit.....wow that would have been fun. It is definitely an edge if your opposition is worried about getting decked at the blue line, ask Scott Stevens.