March 19, Sabres vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

All I want out of this game is a win and good looking special teams. I couldn't care less if it was 2-1 or 10-2, as long as it is a win and good looking special teams. Our PK sucks, it needs to be fixed. Come playoff time it'll be very easy for the refs to screw us with our abysmal PK, 79.8% is horrible. How is it we go from best PK most of last year, ended 2nd best in the league, to 20th in the league this year? Only player we lost is Gill, and it didn't suffer that much after he was traded.

Tonight would be a good night to help the PK percentage - Buffalo is dead last in the league with the man advantage (and last in the East in faceoff percentage. On an odd side note, the Sabres have more than twice as good of a winning percentage when they're outshot (.426) compared to when they outshoot opponents (.200).

One thing Buffalo has done well tonight is quash the transition game. They've forced a lot of dump-ins and the Habs have been slow getting to them for the most part.

On the plus side, Tinordi looks more comfortable so far than he did early on against the Devils. He may be starting to adjust to playing his off-side.

All in all that was a pretty good second period, one that Montreal controlled. Enroth is playing quite well, although he's making the easy shots look hard and the hard ones easy. I missed the Emelin-Foligno scrap, I had flipped the channel to check the WBC score (the Dominican is leading early on).

Boys have no excuse not to win this. We need Prust and Bourque soon. Seeing Armstrong sucking the life out of Eller's line is killing me.

You knw what would help against Enroth.... Hit the net.

I suppose it's too late to add a new clause to Desharnais' contract: Every time he passes up a prime scoring chance in the slot (twice tonight already), he owes the coaches 50 pushups. Either he learns to take the wide open shot...or he gains strength. Either way, it's win-win.

Dumont was moved up with Pacioretty and Desharnais at the end of the 2nd. I wonder if that will continue for the 3rd. (That line has looked bad lately, I don't mind seeing it broken up although moving Dumont into the top six is something I didn't expect.)