Brady Vail signs an ATO with the Bulldogs

PMAC

Thoughts on Vail being signed to an ATO with the Bulldogs? I thought he was a fairly high level prospect until recently. Has his end of season slump really been that bad? Or does this have something to do with the # of contracts on the books and they don't want to prematurely commit to a contract? In any case, if he can't contribute to the depleted Bulldogs he will soon be a vague memory.

The ATO is what makes him eligible to play in Hamilton. He's going back to junior next year as he'll still be too young to play full time down there. There's no need to sign him to an entry-level deal yet as a result. This is by no means a make or break situation with regards to his status as a prospect, just an opportunity to keep skating for a few more weeks and get introduced a little bit to the pro style of hockey.

The ATO is what makes him eligible to play in Hamilton. He's going back to junior next year as he'll still be too young to play full time down there. There's no need to sign him to an entry-level deal yet as a result. This is by no means a make or break situation with regards to his status as a prospect, just an opportunity to keep skating for a few more weeks and get introduced a little bit to the pro style of hockey.

Right. For some reason, I thought he had used his eligibility. Oh well, thanks for the info....and I thought I spent too much time looking a Habs related information :B)

Candidate for "the most boring habs news of the year?"

It was a slow day...whaddaya want, mega deals everyday? :B)

It was a slow day...whaddaya want, mega deals everyday? :B)

Maybe we can get Brian Burke in the mix. He can suggest some blockbuster deals that energize the fan base, but do little to improve the on ice product. How about Galchenyuk, Eller and a 1st for Corey Perry? Or two first Rounders for Iginla? Perhaps Subban for Letang?

Maybe we can get Brian Burke in the mix. He can suggest some blockbuster deals that energize the fan base, but do little to improve the on ice product. How about Galchenyuk, Eller and a 1st for Corey Perry? Or two first Rounders for Iginla? Perhaps Subban for Letang?

I hope you are joking. And, all kidding aside, if you look back at Burkes deals, other than the Kessel blunder, he actually did pretty good. It was his ego and attitude which lead to his demise in T.O.

I hope you are joking. And, all kidding aside, if you look back at Burkes deals, other than the Kessel blunder, he actually did pretty good. It was his ego and attitude which lead to his demise in T.O.

Burke also has an embarrassing reputation when it comes to goaltenders.

Letang for Subban? Is that supposed to sound as ridiculous as the other two proposals? ;)

It's not as ridiculous but its a horrible trade

Subban is much better than Letang.

100% agree. Give Subban Malkin and Crosby to play with and you add 10-15 points to his current production.

It's not as ridiculous but its a horrible trade

Subban is much better than Letang.