March 21, Habs vs Islanders, 7 PM

dlbalr

Potentially!

Always.

Say it wont happen and mean it and it usually will come true.

In boo boos defense, he took the pass away from the guy in the high slot. Emelin took one guy, boo boo played the pass, price needed to handle Tavares...

No thats not the way you play hockey, by Emelin taking the other guy the pass has been taken away.

No excuse for Frank that was amateur quality.

Did Bouillon really just give Tavares a clear break to the net?

I understand he wants to take away the passing lane, but dude, he's going to put it away 10 times out of 10 with that much time.

That is what he is suppose to do, in the replay you can see Tavares look to the trailer to pass but Boo boo had the lane. If he went the other way, Tavares drops to the high slot and people complain about that. It was a no win all the way, it was up to Price to go one on one with Tavares.

If Price had stopped that it would have been save of the year.

Dont get me wrong, it was 50 50 for Price, mot his fault. It wasnt the D fault either.

Always.

Say it wont happen and mean it and it usually will come true.

No thats not the way you play hockey, by Emelin taking the other guy the pass has been taken away.

No excuse for Frank that was amateur quality.

Sorry, totally disagree. You take the pass. On the three on two, with little chance to get to tavares, you take the pass away. Watch the replay again, Tavares was looking for the pass all the way.

Agree brobin. Normally you take the pass away and leave the carrier to the goalie. I suppose a caveat could be when the puck carrier has 19 goals in 30 games

Yup, but he hedged... If you slow it down you can see he takes away the pass while closing on Tavares. He gets,to him just as he shoots. That was a very good shot by Tavares. Slowing it down, Price pulled off the net and Tavares had the whole top corner. Had Price stayed square, no goal. It looks like Price played the low pass across the net, which didn't come.

That was a pretty even period. Yes, the Islander goal stung, especially after missing on the 3-on-1. I thought Bouillon could do no right on that. He was shading to cover the pass to the trailer but yes, you can't really leave Tavares that wide open either. That was a tough call for him to make either way as if he covers Tavares, the trailer has a huge wide open lane in tight with a great chance to score.

Thank goodness for the PP.

BLACK JESUS

Hahaha are you kidding me?

No, the play right after the goal he was swimming again. This is not like Price to be over playing passes so much he is out of the play.

Yet another fairly even period, the 2-2 score depicts the game well so far. I'm happy the powerplay is clicking so far but the Habs better not take any more penalties. The PK looks awful tonight.

Tonight? Pk scares me every game, but you are right that Tavares and company makes it look even worse.