March 21, Habs vs Islanders, 7 PM

dlbalr

PK Subban has the most PPG of any defender in hockey this season. He is a legit contender for the Norris. He may be the most dynamic and exciting defender in the game.

Discuss.

PK Subban has the most PPG of any defender in hockey this season. He is a legit contender for the Norris. He may be the most dynamic and exciting defender in the game.

Discuss.

Karlson would have more points, but with him out and Letang injured? PK will get a nomination unless he implodes or #racism

Speaking of Subban, he passed last year's goal scoring total with his 8th (and possibly 9th) of the year. He had just 7 in 81 games last year.

I promised he would eclipse that in the Habs world pod cast.

Goal has been changed to PK.

Goal has been changed to PK.

Dumont picks up his second career assist as a result of that. (Pacioretty keeps the other helper obviously.)

Looking at the game stats, Plekanec had a really rough night at the faceoff dot (7/23). Despite that the Habs were only -1 as a team in that category. Markov also blocked as many shots as the Islanders' defence corps combined.

Full stats: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/ES020444.HTM

I meant, does it worth it to keep him with the big club ?

I don't think he's done enough to outplay any of the regular players, if that's what you're asking.

No one is going to be traded to make room for Gabriel Dumont.

Not a big fan of Dumont. He isn't better than Moen (as much as Hab fans keep underrating him) and he isn't better than White (White works the corners better). Armstrong is a wash, Therrien likes him and the team likes him so no way they scratch him in favour of Dumont. Not only that, Dumont isn't that good. I keep hearing Talbot comparisons from other people and I'm not seeing it. He certainly isn't better than say Leblanc last season.

Bourque is back this weekend so Dumont will likely go down.

I don't think he's done enough to outplay any of the regular players, if that's what you're asking.

No one is going to be traded to make room for Gabriel Dumont.

Exactly what I was asking. I only saw one game by Dumont and wasn't impressed...

Dumont has done nothing that would make him needed once Bourque is back. Good road game by Habs, I like how this team stays patient and confident when the momentum swings against them. As for the Islanders, I think they really have an excellent core of young forwards, especially Tavares, he is, in my opinion, one of the top 5 players in the league, he is amazing with the puck. Nice to see Bourque back soon, our forward lines are just a little off, I'd like to see him, Galchenyuk and Eller out there for a few games, I really think that could work.

With how few games are left for the bulldogs why not.

It's better for Dumont's development to be playing in Hamilton than sitting in Montreal. When Bourque comes back, there won't be a spot for him in the lineup most nights so they may as well keep him playing.

As for his play in general, he has been serviceable as a callup. Nothing great but nothing terrible either. I certainly can't complain about that.

We need Prust back. Every game we're getting softer. He makes the whole team play with the gritty edge and we don't get pushed around. I think we should look to pick up another Prust type player at the deadline, even if he's the 13th/14th forward.

is this the 2nd straight game eller led centers in ice time? or the first? any how this kid is growing by the game. at this rate he'll be our #1 in no time. his poise with the puck is staggering compared to last season (although he showed flashes at times). kudos to MT for allowing the kid to finally start to blossom right before our very eyes. is it me our does he play similarilly to peter foresberg in stlye (just not even close to as clinical offensively)

patch DD gallagher

ryder plex gio

bourque eller galchenyuk

arm white moen

bourque ple gio

patch DD gallagher

prust eller ryder

armstrong white moen

galchenyuk sits when healthy. he is the odd man out right now in the top 9. he hasnt been to good and he needs a break from action to reset his mentality, he needs to start driving to the net with and without the puck!

id also like to see tinordi play his left side with PK as he gets more games in. tinordi is staying with this team make no mistake about it, with hamilton's season virtually over he sticks....

markov emelin

tinordi PK

gorges diaz

will be our line up going into the playoffs

boullion

kaberle

weber

bold= puck mover

our defense is looking really deep right now. they move the puck out of our zone with ease it seems overall

is this the 2nd straight game eller led centers in ice time? or the first? any how this kid is growing by the game. at this rate he'll be our #1 in no time. his poise with the puck is staggering compared to last season (although he showed flashes at times). kudos to MT for allowing the kid to finally start to blossom right before our very eyes. is it me our does he play similarilly to peter foresberg in stlye (just not even close to as clinical offensively)

patch DD gallagher

ryder plex gio

bourque eller galchenyuk

arm white moen

bourque ple gio

patch DD gallagher

prust eller ryder

armstrong white moen

galchenyuk sits when healthy. he is the odd man out right now in the top 9. he hasnt been to good and he needs a break from action to reset his mentality, he needs to start driving to the net with and without the puck!

id also like to see tinordi play his left side with PK as he gets more games in. tinordi is staying with this team make no mistake about it, with hamilton's season virtually over he sticks....

markov emelin

tinordi PK

gorges diaz

will be our line up going into the playoffs

boullion

kaberle

weber

bold= puck mover

our defense is looking really deep right now. they move the puck out of our zone with ease it seems overall

You do not sit a kid like Galchenyuk. As long as his attitude is good, he plays. He is dangerous out there, and he is slowly finding his way. When you keep a kid like that with the big team, the intention is that he does not sit.