March 21, Habs vs Islanders, 7 PM

dlbalr

You do not sit a kid like Galchenyuk. As long as his attitude is good, he plays. He is dangerous out there, and he is slowly finding his way. When you keep a kid like that with the big team, the intention is that he does not sit.

There's nothing wrong with sitting him for a game here and there. But yes, over the long haul you want him playing regularly.

Here's an interesting stat from last night: Armstrong played 16:41 (only 8 seconds shy of his season high...set against Buffalo earlier this week). He wound up playing more than Ryder, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Gallagher, and Galchenyuk. I honestly didn't notice him out there all that much, I never would have guessed he played as much as he did.

is this the 2nd straight game eller led centers in ice time? or the first? any how this kid is growing by the game. at this rate he'll be our #1 in no time. his poise with the puck is staggering compared to last season (although he showed flashes at times). kudos to MT for allowing the kid to finally start to blossom right before our very eyes. is it me our does he play similarilly to peter foresberg in stlye (just not even close to as clinical offensively)

patch DD gallagher

ryder plex gio

bourque eller galchenyuk

arm white moen

bourque ple gio

patch DD gallagher

prust eller ryder

armstrong white moen

galchenyuk sits when healthy. he is the odd man out right now in the top 9. he hasnt been to good and he needs a break from action to reset his mentality, he needs to start driving to the net with and without the puck!

id also like to see tinordi play his left side with PK as he gets more games in. tinordi is staying with this team make no mistake about it, with hamilton's season virtually over he sticks....

markov emelin

tinordi PK

gorges diaz

will be our line up going into the playoffs

boullion

kaberle

weber

bold= puck mover

our defense is looking really deep right now. they move the puck out of our zone with ease it seems overall

No way to you sit Galchenyuk. When Prust comes back you sit Moen or Armstrong and have Prust on the 4th line. Otherwise, I like your first 3 lines and hate the second listing.

I love Chuck but sitting him for game or two before the playoffs may be very smart.

Have someone (a coach or vet sit with him and talk about what they see on the ice)

How to improve.

Remember he barley played last year and played about 70 games this year (Sarnia, USA, Habs)

No way to you sit Galchenyuk. When Prust comes back you sit Moen or Armstrong and have Prust on the 4th line. Otherwise, I like your first 3 lines and hate the second listing.

Long term? No, you don't sit Galchenyuk. A game here or there though? Totally reasonable and would probably help him. He looks a little mentally tired right now.

Long term? No, you don't sit Galchenyuk. A game here or there though? Totally reasonable and would probably help him. He looks a little mentally tired right now.

sitting him out for a game or two is fine - but what was suggested was sitting him when we are healthy.

I love Chuck but sitting him for game or two before the playoffs may be very smart.

Have someone (a coach or vet sit with him and talk about what they see on the ice)

How to improve.

Remember he barley played last year and played about 70 games this year (Sarnia, USA, Habs)

If you are going to sit him, we should have someone with him. I still remember the playoffs when Ryder was in the press box being a goof during his first stint - you don't want that.

The message to him should be he is sitting and will be asked to watch the game from above.

Moen on the other hand, should be sat and told he needs to start using his friggin size if wants to get back in the lineup.

Annnnd NHL.com releases an article about the best defencemen in the league. Guess who is missing.

The stigma against Subban around the league is just amazing. I'm not sure what he has done to earn this kind of hatred. I feel like a lot of it has to do with his swagger and aggression. The 'hockey purists' (read: aging white men) love their Sydney Crosby's, who don't have the capacity to better emote than a bag of nickels.

He may get a Norris nomination, but I promise you no matter how good his number end up being, he will never win it.

If you are going to sit him, we should have someone with him. I still remember the playoffs when Ryder was in the press box being a goof during his first stint - you don't want that.

Everyone goes back to Ryder :P

There has been a lot worse, like Roenick refusing to report to the game and Belfour getting wasted. And those were veterans.

Galchenyuk has been nothing but class in his stint with Montreal. Ryder at that time thought he was better than how he was treated and was dealing with a lot of shit he probably didn't know how to handle properly. Galchenyuk doesn't really need a press box babysitter.

Annnnd NHL.com releases an article about the best defencemen in the league. Guess who is missing.

The stigma against Subban around the league is just amazing. I'm not sure what he has done to earn this kind of hatred. I feel like a lot of it has to do with his swagger and aggression. The 'hockey purists' (read: aging white men) love their Sydney Crosby's, who don't have the capacity to better emote than a bag of nickels.

He may get a Norris nomination, but I promise you no matter how good his number end up being, he will never win it.

To be fair, the article was based on voting in mid-Feb... Do it today and he would be on the list, probably in the middle.

I wasn't suggested Galy would be goofing off. Not was I suggesting somebody babysitting him. If he is going to sit, it would be useful to have someone talk through what is happening in the game. Biggest difference between sitting up front and up high in the stands, is that you get to see the whole ice and how much more time there is to make a play.

Everyone goes back to Ryder :P

There has been a lot worse, like Roenick refusing to report to the game and Belfour getting wasted. And those were veterans.

Galchenyuk has been nothing but class in his stint with Montreal. Ryder at that time thought he was better than how he was treated and was dealing with a lot of shit he probably didn't know how to handle properly. Galchenyuk doesn't really need a press box babysitter.

Subban for Norris

Voters won't hold a black man down anymore, see Obama.

We just gotta go to the Urban centres and get the vote out.

I don't believe Subban will win the Norris this year. Is he the best defenceman in the league? No, honestly, he is not. Is he top 5? Yes, and he still has a lot to learn. He has all the tools to be the best, he just isn't there yet.

I don't believe Subban will win the Norris this year. Is he the best defenceman in the league? No, honestly, he is not. Is he top 5? Yes, and he still has a lot to learn. He has all the tools to be the best, he just isn't there yet.

I think what Suter has done in Minnesota is more impressive. His entire career he's been proclaimed to be like Mike Komisarek, just souping off of the better defenceman. In Minnesota he has come into his own as a number one blueliner. His +/- looks weak but that was due to Minnesota's weak start. Ryan Suter is my Norris favourite but Subban definitely deserves a nomination over Kronwall, Beaumchemin and others.

galchenyuk is not wayne gretzky or sidney crosby or malkin as an 18yr old . yes he is a blue chip player but the fact is he's the weakest player in our top 9 right now. he is looking lost out there and has for the better part since gallagher was taken off that line. bourque's re-entry will surely remove dumont from the line up and return armstrong to the 4th.

but in no way is prust going to the 4th line. he will not be demotted by MT. He will play in upwards of 18minutes a game and cannot get those minutes on the fourth line. he will most definitly be playing with eller on the 3rd.

No 18 yr old rookie should be granted a free ride when there struggling. it sends all the wrong messages to the player, and in fact can hurt their growth. im not suggesting we send him down to the minors. im saying when prust gets re-inserted and the habs get healthy. someone will have to come out and galchenyuk is the one who is struggling most. he simply comes out of the line up when the team is at full strength and he works on a lot of the little things that are lacking in his game. in the meantime this team (you know the one fighting for 1st overall) goes about there business. the first chance MT gets to merit his re-insertion, galchenyuk gets another chance. he plays well (ala Eller) everybody is happy... thats championship teams my friends. inner competition! Just because he was 3rd overall means nothing. the truth is he is being completly out played by gallagher and to a lesser extent tinordi (even if for just a handful of games.) i cant see any other player in the top 9 that should go to the presser before him. and MT wont juggle all 4 lines.

there is nothing wrong with letting the kid sit and actually practice and earn his spot back. I guarantee he'll be a better player for it. he's played alot of hockey this season already with sarnia then USA and now the habs, add in his extensive rehab regimen from his ACL over the summer and you got a tired kid!!!

* i moved ryder so as to give him a chance on his good wing!

I don't see Galchenyuk sitting for more than a game or two. Even though he isn't scoring, the line with Eller continues to be dangerous.

Besides that, the chances of having 100% health is small. There will always be one guy who is banged up.

• Upvote 1