March 26: Montreal @ Pittsburgh 7PM EST

News and Notes: Pittsburgh acquired Brendan Morrow for a 3rd and Joe Morrow. He is a game time decision. The Penguins also acquired Douglas Murray for a 2nd Round Pick and a conditional 2014 pick. He will not be in the lineup. Halpern will be in the lineup for the Canadiens.

200px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.svg.png

Pittsburgh Penguins

25-8-0

1st in East

Last 12: 12-0-0

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis

Morrow - Jeffrey - Neal

Bennett - Sutter - Kennedy

Glass - Vitale - Adams

Orpik - Martin

Despres - Engelland

Bortuzzo - Letang

Fleury

200px-Montreal_Canadiens.svg.png

Montreal Canadiens

20-6-5

2nd in East

Last 10: 7-2-1

Ryder - Plekanec - Gionta

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Eller - Armstrong

Moen - Halpern - Dumont

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Emelin

Bouillon - Tinordi

Price

Penguins vs. Canadiens this season:

03/02 PIT 7 MTL 6 OT (was the start of the Penguins 12 game winning streak)

Line-ups to be determined tomorrow.

I suspect I'll be owing more beer to my Pit friend/nemesis again. I'll be disappointed if Morrow doesn't make the lineup, as that'll give a true picture on how the Pens will look heading to The Show. I'm trying to get this friend to make a substantial bet on the Pens to win the Cup - I could use a case of wine.

I suspect I'll be owing more beer to my Pit friend/nemesis again. I'll be disappointed if Morrow doesn't make the lineup, as that'll give a true picture on how the Pens will look heading to The Show. I'm trying to get this friend to make a substantial bet on the Pens to win the Cup - I could use a case of wine.

Montreal plays Pittsburgh one more time after this so you'll still get a chance to see Morrow and Murray and whoever else the Pens add by the deadline. I keep hearing talk they are ready to move Kennedy out.

To be honest, I was glad the Habs had a bad week last week. As they say - A prolonged winning streak can be just as harmful as a prolonged losing streak. But enough of that, I want this win for Therrien. And, we should be the team to bring the Pens back down to earth.

I guess Halpurn is in for White?

He'll be in for Blunden - White's hurt.

Also, Chris Lee is refereeing tonight along with Brian Pochmara (an AHL calibre official). Special teams are really going to be important tonight...

It looks like these may be Pittsburgh's lines (based on the morning skate):

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis

Morrow-Jeffrey-Neal

Kennedy-Sutter-Bennett

Glass-Vitale-Adams

On defence, Letang is skating with the first PP unit...but is on the 4th pairing so I don't know what that means exactly for his playing status.

Orpik-Martin

Niskanen-Eaton

Despres-Engelland

Bortuzzo-Letang

Not gunna lie, I would be way more confident in the next two games with Prust, Bourque and Diaz. I really hope all 3 are ready in time for playoffs.

On the other hand, Pens are missing Malkin and Letang, so hopefully it all evens out.

Carey has gotta steal one of these games.

Boy I would like to win these two games. These are the real teams in the east to measure yourself against, not just two points.

Frankly, this game comes down to MAF... He plays well, we probably lose.

I wonder if I have time to drive to Pitts and go Kerigan on Chris Lee's knees...

I wouldn't worry much about Price or the refs. The habs defense was awfull in the last game. They left the slot wide open all night. The lost too many battles and took too many penlties.

They can get 3 out of 4 the next 2 games. They did it once already.

They just need to do play hard for an enire 60 minutes, taking a 20 minute break in the middle won't work against the Pens or Bruins.

Over under on total 5 on 3's tonight is 2.5

I'd go over if it were "4 on 4s."

What I like is during a Chris Lee game, you aren't really watching a hockey game; you are enjoying a completely different spectacle, where one person takes complet control of a game, not unlike Wayne Gretzky.