March 26: Montreal @ Pittsburgh 7PM EST

I ave never been convinced that DD was going to cut it so I was a little disappointed we locked him up. If e plays decent enough, hopefully he can be part of a trade. Gally is a better player. When Pacs is going, DD gets points. If not, he is invisible.

We really miss bourque and Prust in these types of games as Pacs won't use his size to drive the net. Perhaps with them back we can stack up better against the Pens but right now they would kick out butt in the playoffs.

Pitts had a bad game, yet played defensively and won anyway. Just like in Buffalo, we did lots of perimeter control and fired lots of easy shots, but we were rarely dangerous. We seem to have no solution to teams that collapse in front of their goalie. Perhaps if Ryder hadn't hit iron early, the Pens would have opened up, but we need guys capable of getting to the net if they don't.

Tonights game with Boston is critical and I dont have a good feeling if we play on the outside against them too, no matter how gold it looks in terms of possession or shot counts.

Here in Vancouver, coach Vigneault always talks about 'process.' In effect, if you play well, you may lose games, but eventually you start winning. In fact, this recently happened to the Canuckleheads, who lost 2-3 games they should have won before beginning to rattle off a series of wins.

The Habs played well in both this game and against Buffalo. They're just not putting the puck in the net. The danger is that this will cause them to lose confidence and get away from the things that made them successful. What I'm hoping we'll see, then, is them bearing down with undiminished self-belief, and trusting the system and each other to turn the corner on the mini-slump.

Therrien might indeed look at a bit of line tweaking. But as fans, we should stay cool for the moment.

• Upvote 2

I ave never been convinced that DD was going to cut it so I was a little disappointed we locked him up. If e plays decent enough, hopefully he can be part of a trade. Gally is a better player. When Pacs is going, DD gets points. If not, he is invisible.

The easy solution to this would be for them to cycle the puck to the d and screen the goalie. However, our entries to the zone stink lately, so we are taking one and done potshots all game.

We really miss bourque and Prust in these types of games as Pacs won't use his size to drive the net. Perhaps with them back we can stack up better against the Pens but right now they would kick out butt in the playoffs.

Pitts had a bad game, yet played defensively and won anyway. Just like in Buffalo, we did lots of perimeter control and fired lots of easy shots, but we were rarely dangerous. We seem to have no solution to teams that collapse in front of their goalie. Perhaps if Ryder hadn't hit iron early, the Pens would have opened up, but we need guys capable of getting to the net if they don't.

Tonights game with Boston is critical and I dont have a good feeling if we play on the outside against them too, no matter how gold it looks in terms of possession or shot counts.