Mar. 27, Montreal vs Boston, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Stat of the night: Subban, +3. I'm not a big fan of the +/- stat for varied reasons, but in a game like tonight? Think about that one a little while.

###### me, I'd make that trade. Is Feaster high?

Nope, he just doesn't have much choice.

Iginla wanted to goto Pittsburgh and the only three teams in the race were LA (who didn't want to give up as much as Boston), Boston (who were giving up only a condition first with prospects) and Pittsburgh (who were giving two NCAA players and a guaranteed first). Nobody else was in the chase because very few contending teams will be able to afford Iginla in the summer.

Brad "I was trying to draw a 5" Marchand spoke after the game about Subban's embellishment on the highstick.

How he managed to keep a straight face the entire time, I'm not sure...

Straight up, the Bruins fear the Habs. They're trying to paint a picture of embellishment in the refs' minds for the playoffs.

Bruins lose the game and than lose iginla. With apologies to McDonald's - I'm loving it!!! ;)

Bruins were screwed twice last night.

And it looks good on them... :-)

If I am MB-- and I decide to make a move-- I would be very careful not to mess with the chemistry in this team. I like the Pens moves, as they didn't give up a roster player and I would like MTL to be similarly well-stocked in a season or two. For this season, I would be very happy with addition of someone like Rafi Torres at low cost....interested to see what's going to happen

Doesn't it figure. I'd written them off, so I went to help my bro-in-law pick up his new car after the 2nd. My 3 year old son kept watching, though. He even told me this morning: "dad the munchral canajeens won! they came back."

I really hope Bourque is able to return, and Prust has to be getting close.

Wow, Marchant has the balls to accuse PK of embellishment on the highstick. He calls out Armstrong who was elbowed in the face and slashed in the nuts by Chara. This after several dives by the Bruins that are making the twitter rounds.

This won't stop until the media calls BS on them. Even better, the refs should start calling he Bruins for diving.

I guess when your coach leads without class it becomes acceptable behavior with the players.

I've said before, I think Julien's bitching should be seen as tactics. He is worried about the Canadiens, and he wants to plant a seed in the refs' minds about us. This sort of thing is as old as the hills - Scotty Bowman used to harrangue refs between games accusing them of favouring the Bruins. In a weird way, it's a compliment to us.

The danger in this tactic is that you provide your own team with a subtle excuse for losing. Dryden argued that Harry Sinden's moaning about ghosts and unfair treatment ultimately made it acceptable for the Bruins to lose to the Habs.

The other danger is that, if your players truly come to believe it, they begin to look for illegal ways of expressing their frustration. That's what happened to Pacioretty. But I'm sure Julien has no problem with this.

Doesn't it figure. I'd written them off, so I went to help my bro-in-law pick up his new car after the 2nd. My 3 year old son kept watching, though. He even told me this morning: "dad the munchral canajeens won! they came back."

I really hope Bourque is able to return, and Prust has to be getting close.

Good boy !

Ha!

er...anybody got a picture of the new pope with a hockey stick?

Yeah, you're 2 popes old! If it was Ouellet it would have been easier. He became priest after a hockey injury, and was in the race to become pope. I've never seen a south american hold a hockey stick..

I'm from Halifax. Sidney Crosby is a Halifax hero. Nathan McKinnon is a Halifax hero.

....Marchand is considered a bum by Haligonians AND he even played for the Mooseheads. It tells quite a story when a players hometown residents think he's a jerk! Even Bruin Haligonian fans think he's a jerk!

I've said before, I think Julien's bitching should be seen as tactics. He is worried about the Canadiens, and he wants to plant a seed in the refs' minds about us. This sort of thing is as old as the hills - Scotty Bowman used to harrangue refs between games accusing them of favouring the Bruins. In a weird way, it's a compliment to us.

The danger in this tactic is that you provide your own team with a subtle excuse for losing. Dryden argued that Harry Sinden's moaning about ghosts and unfair treatment ultimately made it acceptable for the Bruins to lose to the Habs.

The other danger is that, if your players truly come to believe it, they begin to look for illegal ways of expressing their frustration. That's what happened to Pacioretty. But I'm sure Julien has no problem with this.

Thats one of the things about the 'new' Therrien I've come to appreciate this year, he could easily freak out and fire back in the media, but he keeps his cool, on the bench and after the games. He really has grown as a coach.

Wow! Didn't know he was born in Brazil.

There are some really weird ones. Olaf Kolzig was born in South Africa, Rick Chartraw was born in Venezuela, Rod Langway was born in Taiwan and Willie Plett was born in Paraguay. Dany Heatley being born in Germany was one that always confused me too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_statistical_leaders_by_country

The equivalent for us would have been Danny Kristo, Colin Sullivan and a conditional first.

Kristo >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hankowski

one is up for the Hobey Baker and has been a PPG player for three years. The other has never been a PPG player, and is not an NCAA all-star.

The equivalent of what the Pens gave up is

Dustin Walsh, Josiah Didier, and a First

Kristo >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hankowski

one is up for the Hobey Baker and has been a PPG player for three years. The other has never been a PPG player, and is not an NCAA all-star.

The equivalent of what the Pens gave up is

Dustin Walsh, Josiah Didier, and a First

I believe MoLG's post was actually in reference to what the Bruins would have given up, not the Pittsburgh deal.

Wow, Marchant has the balls to accuse PK of embellishment on the highstick. He calls out Armstrong who was elbowed in the face and slashed in the nuts by Chara. This after several dives by the Bruins that are making the twitter rounds.

This won't stop until the media calls BS on them. Even better, the refs should start calling he Bruins for diving.

I guess when your coach leads without class it becomes acceptable behavior with the players.

have you seen John Stewarts take on the brooons? It is hilarious. we need more responsible journalism just like that. :habslogo: