Sit Markov? Make sense or crazy talk?

hankhab

SItting Markov is crazy talk. No question he needs his minutes reduced. Maybe try different pairings (i.e. Markov/Gorges) as well. BUt you don't sit your most experienced dman and leader on the defence.

Notice i didn't say best dman - that is now Subban. the most underpaid dman in the league.

This has been argued over and over again...Subban is not underpaid. He got a very reasonable and fair extension given his RFA status and his career to the point of his signing. He is now working to prove he's worth more...and doing a good job of it! This is entirely the point and, really, how any career should begin...

Simple economics...something is worth what someone is willing to pay. The RFA structure limits potential bidders allowing teams to gradually explore their prospects ability and develop talent...team investments in their prospects, like Subban, go far beyond the payroll they receive, hence the protection provided by the CBA within the RFA system.

I was enjoying Beaulieu and it seemed like MT trusted him more than Pateryn and Tinordi.

I think part if it has to do with the compition and how the team was playing. We played two top level teams in Pittsburgh and Boston, so I'm not surprised that Tinordi's ice team was reduced - I am surprised how low it was, but not that it would have reduced, especially given the mistakes the defence as a whole were making. I thought markov, Emelin, gorges and Boullisn all looked weak against Boston and buffalo.

Worth noting that Markov is 5th in the league in scoring among d-men, and has points in 13 of his last 16 games. The only one in those top 5 with more goals is Subban. ;)

Only in Montréal would we see a thread like this one haha

Only in Montréal would we see a thread like this one haha

That is kinda funny. No offence.. I mean no defence.. I mean; him not mean.. I mean.. :-)

In no more than two weeks, Diaz will probably be back and the defense will look very good indeed. No need to give a draft pick or a young prospect to pick up another defenseman.

In no more than two weeks, Diaz will probably be back and the defense will look very good indeed. No need to give a draft pick or a young prospect to pick up another defenseman.

How did you get that timeframe? He's not working out much let alone skating. Presuming he can start working out in the gym with more regularity sooner than later, he might be able to start skating lightly in a couple of weeks. As a result, a return before the end of the regular season looks unlikely.

How did you get that timeframe? He's not working out much let alone skating. Presuming he can start working out in the gym with more regularity sooner than later, he might be able to start skating lightly in a couple of weeks. As a result, a return before the end of the regular season looks unlikely.

He skated today, which makes the two weeks timeframe quite reasonable. Don't forget that he had been playing in Europe last fall. He was probably keeping shape in the gym for a week or so. Two weeks at the most, if he doesn't fall back in his reconditioning.