Mar. 30, Rangers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Quite the masturbatory Leafs segment going on right now on the CBC...

My wife just asked me why I'm laughing. Couldn't find a way to explain to an American non-sport fan what the statement meant.

Oh well

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cbc is going to be sickening to watch with the leafs in the playoffs...

so does Taylor Hall get to sit on Don's knee after the Edmonton game... he had a hattrick in the first,7 minutes against Vancouver... Amazing start, 4 goals on 5 shots (and that one shot was rather generously called a save)

Great game by the Habs tonight. Were our boys that good or are the Rangers that bad?

IN any case, nice to see Carey get the Shutout, and I have to say, Subban is making a real case for himself to win the Norris.

I think he looks really good offensively, he has the vision and creativity, you can tell. But he really needs to work on his positioning. He's really jittery tonight, but Saturday night at the Bell Centre isn't the easiest venue to play your first NHL game.

I was really impressed with the highlight I saw of him holding his ground and making a good pass although he knew he was going to get hammered by the oncoming Ranger player. He got smoked, but the zone was cleared. If either he or Tinordi had a little more experience we would not be debating the merits of trading for a defenseman. And, I think it would be terrible, short-term planning to include either of them in trade

Great game by the Habs tonight. Were our boys that good or are the Rangers that bad?

IN any case, nice to see Carey get the Shutout, and I have to say, Subban is making a real case for himself to win the Norris.

I didn't think the Rangers were that bad to be honest. They had some strong chances and carried the play at times. Montreal did well to capitalize on their opportunities. I'd say the score didn't accurately reflect the quality of the game played by both teams.

As for Subban and the Norris, I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I'm hoping he doesn't get it this year. That will only make what I'm sure will be a tough negotiation even harder. He can win the Norris after he signs long-term.

After what I saw last night anyone suggesting trading beaulieu is nuts. We did that once with Mcdonogh (bad spelling) amd look where that got us. He looked really good out there for a first game. He is a keeper. Well played game by the boys. Showed great poise. Gallagher just has to b a seriuos candidate for the calder. He is amazing. Torts has got to be hanging by a thread. Sather probably talking to Ruff right now. :) I never believed last years team was as bad as they finished and this year just proves it. They did not need much last year to be in the playoffs, however a little pain for long term gain works (galchenyuk) :habslogo:

I get that sense as well, I noticed it again tonight. Instead of aiming for the top corner (and missing), I'd say he needs to aim for the crest. The natural movement that his shot seems to have will take it top corner.

Subban needs to talk to Galchenyuk. It took Subban a little over 2 years in the NHL to hit the net consistently and now he's tearing it up. I wouldn't be too worried about Galchenyuk missing the net. Its a faze. He knows that beating goalies is going to be harder in this league so he needs to aim closer to the posts. He's not there yet, but I'm sure in a year or 2 he will be, like Subban. So the question is do we attempt to fast-track it by telling him to aim at the crest or give him time to fine-tune his shot?