7:00PM Boston @ Montreal: Northeast Supremacy

The HW 3 Stars are up (it has been a while since I could type that): http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3053

As for the ice conditions, that's a new one to add to the wheel of excuses (from the last Habs-B's GDT).

With regards to who replaces Emelin, I wouldn't be surprised if Drewiske slides onto the pairing with Markov. That would likely open up a spot for Beaulieu to be recalled (he has 8 points in his last 6 AHL games).

My daughter was very impressed with Chara's dive after the Eller sweater tug. She would know, I've been paying for ballet and hip-hop for years.

Great to get another win over the B's.

I sure hope it hasn't come at the cost of Emelin

Markov and Subban have been getting all the accolades on D (and rightly so) but Emelin has been a rock for us. Hope it's just a sprain.

Would anyone by chance have this game saved on PVR/DVR? If so I'm looking forthe national anthem footage because I believe I was on television.

Were you the guy wearing the dress? your shoes didn't even match!!!!

I attended last night's game and sat way up in the blues surrounded by visiting Bruins fans. They were, how should I put this... neanderthals. They all stood up and cheered louder when Emelin got hurt hitting Lucic than when Paille scored the lone B's goal. They kept yelling about how the Habs were pussies and how the refs were Montreal-biased. Even with the 6-on-4 at the end of the game, the neanderthals were yelling for more blood along the boards. Unreal.

When the game ended and all of them got up to leave, they started razzing Emelin about his injury. Finally a logical Montrealer shouted, "hey numbnuts - your team lost so shut up!" Funny stuff.

Security was all over the place, broke up two potential fights near my section.

Best home made sign of the night: "Bergeron's concussion isn't serious according to Dr. Recchi."

I attended last night's game and sat way up in the blues surrounded by visiting Bruins fans. They were, how should I put this... neanderthals. They all stood up and cheered louder when Emelin got hurt hitting Lucic than when Paille scored the lone B's goal. They kept yelling about how the Habs were pussies and how the refs were Montreal-biased. Even with the 6-on-4 at the end of the game, the neanderthals were yelling for more blood along the boards. Unreal.

When the game ended and all of them got up to leave, they started razzing Emelin about his injury. Finally a logical Montrealer shouted, "hey numbnuts - your team lost so shut up!" Funny stuff.

Security was all over the place, broke up two potential fights near my section.

Best home made sign of the night: "Bergeron's concussion isn't serious according to Dr. Recchi."

I have a really good friend who is a die hard Bruins fans who knows tons about the game and is objective, and a buddy from high school who is a reasonable Bruins fan, but apart from them, growing up 30 minutes outside Boston, I can tell you that most of their fans are a bunch of idiots. Most of this has to do with the culture created by the media, and having 4 successful sports teams in the last 15 years. They are awful. The worst kind of bandwagon fans that just follow "this year's team. " They think the Bruins are perfect, but like I reminded a buddy "Thomas is gone, Chara is slowing down, and the balcony is going to be empty again, so get ready to root for Tyler Seguin like you rooted for Jason Allison. " If a Bruins fan ever gives you any crap, ask them to name the last five captains, and then ask the if they know who Bobby Orr is.

Aside from people forgetting that Jason Allison existed, I think most Bruins fans know who Ray Bourque and Joe Thornton are. And Bobby Orr. I'm sure the dumb fans are just the loudest.

What makes Boston Bruins fans so annoying is they buy into a culture. Leaf fans do the same thing. Oddly enough, I think the team that really invented it was the Philadelphia Flyers and they don't do it nearly as bad as Boston or Toronto (though Philly has some of the worst fans in all of sports). The Broadstreet Bullies and the Legion of Doom was a culture and a frame of mind as a Flyers fan and their fans bought into it. Here in Montreal our culture isn't nearly as annoying until someone slides in "Franco Culture" and then it becomes a culture war between Canadiens fans with themselves. Commandant can attest to us getting into discussions where people were being completely serious in saying that anglophones outside of Quebec are "second class" compared to francophones from Quebec for cheering the Canadiens. Now of course that's not an opinion shared by everyone but it's shared by some of the dumbest and the dumbest can be quite loud.

Montreal Canadiens culture tends to be one of great expectations that might never be replicated again. We're like the former British Empire. And it weighs heavily on us to always be looking up at the rafters and see dynasties. Instead of lashing out at other fans, we simply lash out at ourselves.

I have a really good friend who is a die hard Bruins fans who knows tons about the game and is objective, and a buddy from high school who is a reasonable Bruins fan, but apart from them, growing up 30 minutes outside Boston, I can tell you that most of their fans are a bunch of idiots. Most of this has to do with the culture created by the media, and having 4 successful sports teams in the last 15 years. They are awful. The worst kind of bandwagon fans that just follow "this year's team. " They think the Bruins are perfect, but like I reminded a buddy "Thomas is gone, Chara is slowing down, and the balcony is going to be empty again, so get ready to root for Tyler Seguin like you rooted for Jason Allison. " If a Bruins fan ever gives you any crap, ask them to name the last five captains, and then ask the if they know who Bobby Orr is.

I don't think I can

Chara

Thornton

Bourque

(Allison maybe, Glen Murray maybe)

If a Bruins fan ever gives you any crap, ask them to name the last five captains, and then ask the if they know who Bobby Orr is.

I don't think I can name Montreal's last five captains, so I guess I'm an ignorant Habs fan.

Edit: I'll have a go...

Gionta

Koivu

oooooo didn't Kovalev very briefly wear the C for like a game?

Keane

Damphousse

I don't think I can name Montreal's last five captains, so I guess I'm an ignorant Habs fan.

Edit: I'll have a go...

Gionta

Koivu

oooooo didn't Kovalev very briefly wear the C for like a game?

Keane

Damphousse

i think when carboneau left it was a transition if i remember... muller. when he left mid season keane became captain with turgeon in there as well.

but the last 5 captains of montreal gio saku damphousse carbonneau gainey savard for sure

Would anyone by chance have this game saved on PVR/DVR? If so I'm looking forthe national anthem footage because I believe I was on television.

I DVR'd the game. I'm not quite sure how I can help you out though.

I guess that's a bad example, but I can tell you Boston sports is a bandwagon culture supported and created by idiots like Jack Edwards and the jabber jocks on WEEI and the sports hub. The only chant Bruins fans need to learn is "back to Fen-way!" Pre Chiarelli, the only primary following the Bruins had were people who played hockey, people on the South Shore and people who liked fights. You can say I'm generalizing, but they really are THAT BAD. Plus, if you are an actual die hard, you lived through the period where the Bruins lost something ridiculous like 18 playoff series to us, so there's a serious complex there. I used to get harrased wearing my Habs gear to the point where I would embarrass illiterate Bruins fans about their knowledge ; it used to drive my ex-girlfriend crazy.

Gonna get no help from Carolina tonight. They're already down 3-0 going into the 2nd, so Montreal will be 1 point up with 10 games to go.

Four games against the Southeast is good. Games against Buffalo, Pittsburgh and two against Toronto is not so much. We should be .500 at the very least. Bergeron out will wear the Bruins down.