7PM EST Habs @ Buffalo to clinch a playoff spot

I just think the fans are as tired with the condensed schedule as the players are.

ps-Kudos to CBC for keeping Bob Cole away from the booth tonight :clap:

now if they could also keep PJ Stock away.

Buffalo looks like we did last season. Just going through the motions. Got the win, no injuries, that's about all you can take from it. They better get ready for Saturday night.

I just think the fans are as tired with the condensed schedule as the players are.

ps-Kudos to CBC for keeping Bob Cole away from the booth tonight :clap:

Bob Cole is the best voice in hockey presently. Even if he gets confused at times!

Bob Cole is the best voice in hockey presently. Even if he gets confused at times!

He only knows Leafs players, every other team he gets confused.

Beaulieu is going to be an offensive talent. His skating and puck handling are awesome. I'm really looking forward to when he cleans up his game cause I can see him and P.K. destroying teams on the PP when Markov's time is done.

His best game as a Hab for sure, he looks real confident out there.

He only knows Leafs players, every other team he gets confused.

Years ago you could say that but the past few seasons, he has pretty much been exclusively Montreal's PBP guy. He knows the Habs more than any team now I'd say.

His best game as a Hab for sure, he looks real confident out there.

A very good game indeed. He did not play much, but was a big plus each time I saw him. The more I look at him, the more I understand why Kaberle is not playing.

I love these easy wins. No stress. Therrien can manage his bench properly by not giving too much icetime to our veterans.

I must admit, that I liked what I saw from Beaulieu. He's gonna be good in a few years.

Nice to also see our boys clinch a playoff spot and take over the division lead from the Pooh-Bears.

I agree JMMR, I never understood all this Bob Cole bashing. he might get a name or two wrong, but he gets you into the game. Maritimers always make the best play-by-play announcers.

I agree JMMR, I never understood all this Bob Cole bashing. he might get a name or two wrong, but he gets you into the game. Maritimers always make the best play-by-play announcers.

Name or two wrong? He can't even see the play at this point. How many times have we gone to commercial with Bob wondering if the play was whistled down for an offside or a penalty?

I personally think he's lost the feel of the game. Numerous times I've heard him interrupt his colour man's observation to tell us some play-by-play of nothing happening.

He's lost it. He's there strictly out of tradition at this point.

I am wondering if we are practising today/ optional skate?/ injury report?

There was a skate this morning, the lines were the same as yesterday. There was nothing said about any injuries...although Tyler Myers is out for the season after breaking his leg in the game last night.

There was a skate this morning, the lines were the same as yesterday. There was nothing said about any injuries...although Tyler Myers is out for the season after PK Subban broke his leg last night with a shot more powerful than an assault from Zeus.

/fixed

• Upvote 3

Just look at the lines from last night for a second.

Our best point producer is on the third line and getting it producing.

Our second best goal scorer is our top center.

Our third best goal scorer is on the second line as a rookie right winger.

Our fourth best goal scorer is the best defenceman in the league.

That's depth.

I also feel the need to mention our only top nine forward with a negative +/- is... *drum roll* David Desharnais.

/fixed

Lovin' it!!!

I was never a fan of Cole. But I do think we should give the guy a break...isn't he like 75 years old? Maybe he should think about reitrement soon!?!?!

I just get tired of the wrong names and all the "dandy" plays.

Lovin' it!!!

I was never a fan of Cole. But I do think we should give the guy a break...isn't he like 75 years old? Maybe he should think about reitrement soon!?!?!

If anyone here watches boxing, Larry Merchant was worse before he retired a couple of months ago. But he did have great quotes like "two champions, fighting ...like champions."

If anyone here watches boxing, Larry Merchant was worse before he retired a couple of months ago. But he did have great quotes like "two champions, fighting ...like champions."

Cole dropped this one last year: "Everything is happening!"

Thanks Bob.

• Upvote 1