April 20/21, Rochester/Hamilton home and home

dlbalr

13b20e2f4123919b725dcabaa52c.jpeg

Hamilton (30-39-1-5) looks to end the season on a winning note as they host division rival Rochester (42-29-3-1) in the season finale for both teams. With Rochester clinching a playoff spot last night, I wonder if they may be resting a few players. Collberg should return to the lineup after sitting last night.

Projected Rochester Lines:

(based on last games' +/- data)

Ellis - Larsson - Mancari

Rissmiller - Girgensons - Rankin

Tarnasky - McCormick - Tropp

Lagace - Schofield - Roy

Crawford - Biega

Schiestel - MacKenzie

Bailen - Gauthier-Leduc

Hackett

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Hudon - Tenute - Collberg

Kristo - Nokelainen - Leblanc

Archambault - Bournival - Lefebvre

Hagel - Vail - Stortini

Beaulieu - Pateryn

St. Denis - Stejskal

Tinordi - Ellis

Gervais-Chouinard

Puck drop is at 3:00 PM, Funny820 as always will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

b3c3beef41003b505020c34da664c6cb.222x222

referee Darcy Burchell (from Hamilton no less) is living up to his nickname "Darse the Arse". Called 6 minors in 4 minutes or so. Amerks scored with Pateryn in the box when the Amerks player beside Greg stepped on the puck and fell down. I rest my case for this league needing two referees. Two fast for a Senior AAA guy like Burchell. Dogs seem really lethargic tonight. Agree Brian as to why no Collberg????

Good news from the first intermission show-Kevin O from the Rochester Democrat mentioned referee Jeff "no calls" Smith (another Hamilton native) is retiring at the end of the season---------------Archambault just scored to make it 2-1. All goals tonight are first time pro goals

Geeze 5-1 now. D gets caught up ice pressing. :surrender:

5-1 is the final. Tokarski's final few games of the season were rough, I suspect it might have had to do with the mind-boggling lack of playing time. Although it was apparently mentioned yesterday that Mayer has an out clause in his NLA deal and might still be back next year, maybe that's why he's playing?

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010993

OH DEAR GOD!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :wall:

It's the first I heard of it although the more I think about it, why would Mayer prefer a job in Hamilton to one in the NLA? I could see there being an NHL out clause but surely that wouldn't come into play.

2-1 Rochester in the 2nd, St. Denis has the goal for Hamilton.

How many games did you make it out to this year?

Grand total of zero. Life has been too busy this year. But i really, really, really, want to vent my frustrations right now....I have always been a die-hard fan and right now I am sooo frustrated!!!! It was a terrible season.

I knew you gave up your seasons tickets but I didn't think you'd miss every game.

just don't have the time to attend the games anymore....still a fan, but VERY frustrated at the moment. And what's ticking me off even more, is on the Bulldogs Facebook page, fans are "tweeting in" that this was an AMAZING SEASON and their favourite Bulldogs player of the season is MAYER???? Are you kidding me?!?! This season was terrible. The team finished last in the AHL and my dead Grandmother could have stopped more pucks that Mayer. Give me a break!!!

just don't have the time to attend the games anymore....still a fan, but VERY frustrated at the moment. And what's ticking me off even more, is on the Bulldogs Facebook page, fans are "tweeting in" that this was an AMAZING SEASON and their favourite Bulldogs player of the season is MAYER???? Are you kidding me?!?! This season was terrible. The team finished last in the AHL and my dead Grandmother could have stopped more pucks that Mayer. Give me a break!!!

That's why you're quietly encouraging the few sane ones on there (and/or the old crew on the old Bulldogs board) to come post here, right? :)

That's why you're quietly encouraging the few sane ones on there (and/or the old crew on the old Bulldogs board) to come post here, right? :)

I am trying, Brian :D

just got back from a post game dinner and the kids looked alright. I honestly thought Hudon tipped in the first goal but I see there has been no change made to the scoring sheet. Missed the last ten minutes of the game as I won Chaput's jersey in the jersey's off our back deal (good $20.00 investment) but they made all the winners stand in the Zamboni tunnel behind a big black curtain and we couldn't see the clock/jumbotron. They did the same as in past years and wore a stripped down Reebok jersey with no shoulder crests. I guess technically mine is not game worn but the ones that were were "tres malodorant".

-I heard that Collbert wasn't dressed in Rochester last night due to visa issues. (Maybe not worth the hassle for one game)

-Beaulieu won a ton of awards but missed his coverage on Rochester's second goal! Exciting player but needs a good D partner to cover up his boo boos.

-I hope the occasional fan realized that our goalie was basically a kid out of junior whereas Rochester played a goalie who first played in the AHL in 2004 and since then has 110 games (approx) in the NHL

-should be a good nucleus for next season along with more vets brought in as mentors. I agree with Brian's earlier summation that the team was basically designed if a normal NHL season had happened but stood by helplessly with all the rookies, while other teams sent down an awful lot of older pro's to their affiliates

-will be interesting to see if anything is done to strengthen the coaching situation. IMO, Ron Wilson was made a scape goat and was a real bandaid solution to a larger problem :Bulldogs:

ps-and Ian, I concur, the facebook page is for puck bunnies and frothies. Still pissed that Wills killed the forum on the Dogs site. Wants everyone to listen to his tweets. I don't have time to massage his ego. (and last nite a Leaf fan posted on there (FB) how great he thought it was that both the Dogs and Habs lost). Just too many trolls

just got back from a post game dinner and the kids looked alright. I honestly thought Hudon tipped in the first goal but I see there has been no change made to the scoring sheet. Missed the last ten minutes of the game as I won Chaput's jersey in the jersey's off our back deal (good $20.00 investment) but they made all the winners stand in the Zamboni tunnel behind a big black curtain and we couldn't see the clock/jumbotron. They did the same as in past years and wore a stripped down Reebok jersey with no shoulder crests. I guess technically mine is not game worn but the ones that were were "tres malodorant".

Congrats. That will be one of the more obscure ones in a few years, I can't see him being back next year unless he's willing to start in the ECHL again.

-I heard that Collbert wasn't dressed in Rochester last night due to visa issues. (Maybe not worth the hassle for one game)

Officially they're saying they wanted to be careful since he was coming back from a concussion but I'm thinking that had a say in it as well.

-Beaulieu won a ton of awards but missed his coverage on Rochester's second goal! Exciting player but needs a good D partner to cover up his boo boos.

-I hope the occasional fan realized that our goalie was basically a kid out of junior whereas Rochester played a goalie who first played in the AHL in 2004 and since then has 110 games (approx) in the NHL

Matt Hackett was the goalie today. He first played in the AHL in 2010-11 and has just 13 games of NHL experience.

-should be a good nucleus for next season along with more vets brought in as mentors. I agree with Brian's earlier summation that the team was basically designed if a normal NHL season had happened but stood by helplessly with all the rookies, while other teams sent down an awful lot of older pro's to their affiliates

-will be interesting to see if anything is done to strengthen the coaching situation. IMO, Ron Wilson was made a scape goat and was a real bandaid solution to a larger problem :Bulldogs:

Andlauer was on during the 2nd intermission and talked specifically about the veteran help this team needs to take a step forward next year. Hopefully that means a veteran who can produce a tad. Of the older players signed, Darryl Boyce had the most points. Ouch.

ps-and Ian, I concur, the facebook page is for puck bunnies and frothies. Still pissed that Wills killed the forum on the Dogs site. Wants everyone to listen to his tweets. I don't have time to massage his ego. (and last nite a Leaf fan posted on there (FB) how great he thought it was that both the Dogs and Habs lost). Just too many trolls

Feel free to join in the recruiting campaign to bring the smarter ones here. :)

Brian: sorry I messed up the stats on Hackett and Sebastian Collberg's name. Must have been that extra pint of Rickard's White at dinner. I think I confused Hackett's stats with Josh Hardings. I guess the good thing is Hackett's uncle was a Hab :clap:

Brian: sorry I messed up the stats on Hackett and Sebastian Collberg's name. Must have been that extra pint of Rickard's White at dinner. I think I confused Hackett's stats with Josh Hardings. I guess the good thing is Hackett's uncle was a Hab :clap:

Harding is down in the AHL right now actually as he tries to get back in playing shape after having to sit most of this year with Multiple Sclerosis symptoms.

I'm going to put you on the spot, extra pint and all. Even though it's a very limited sample size for a few of these players, would you mind ranking the following late newcomers in terms of how they played? (Archambault, Belzile, Collberg, Hudon, Kristo, Vail - basically the Habs' prospects plus Belzile who probably deserves a deal for next year.)

I'll give is some thought and post tomorrow

Good to hear from Lammy. Glad to see I am not the only one pissed about the Hamilton site. Dlbair was bemoaning the lack of veteran leadership from the start of the year. It would have made a world of difference. I don't ever recall going into a year without some good veteran help. I have no idea what they were thinking about. All they seem to get were local stiffs.

Good to hear from Lammy. Glad to see I am not the only one pissed about the Hamilton site. Dlbair was bemoaning the lack of veteran leadership from the start of the year. It would have made a world of difference. I don't ever recall going into a year without some good veteran help. I have no idea what they were thinking about. All they seem to get were local stiffs.

I miss the old Bulldogs board too, it was a small group but I learned a lot about the team posting there. I think the aesthetics of this board are better though. :D

As for the last time they had good leaders, I thought I'd look back to the Calder Cup squad. They had Jancevski and Groulx anchoring the defence while Baines and Manlow were the older forwards. Manlow had a horrific year but he was coming off a near point-per-game year so they were looking for a top guy at least. Quickly skimming through the older years, 03-04 wasn't bad either (Benoit Gratton was a point-per-game player, JF Damphousse was a decent goalie, Traverse and Dykhuis were 'name' defencemen). But yes, it has been an issue, one I expect will be addressed.