April 20/21, Rochester/Hamilton home and home

dlbalr

this is just a very elementary rating based on my vision of them at home games. And at some of the home games where we were getting skunked, I must admit my attention span dropped in proportion.

-Belzile-B: very fast-a full year in the A would do him good-

Archambault: C+-willing to get his nose dirty-size might be a problem-another 5"11" I believe

Collberg-honestly not enough ice time to really notice him -another 5'11"

Hudon-B+: willing to get his nose dirty in all situations. Game winner on the road. Size again might be a problem but he is definitely "Charlie Hustle"

Kristo C+: just not enough ice time to offer a decent opinion of him; Size again a question

Vail: C+: the largest of the bunch I believe at 6"1" but maybe appeared a little tired coming from a tough OHL season. Seemed to have the most press before arriving and may have had trouble living up to the clippings,

with the exception of Belzile, I thought all tried some moves that might have worked in junior or college but not in Pro

Yeah, size is a concern with a lot of those guys - Belzile is 5'11 as well. Archambault is an interesting case. There were reports when he signed his ATO that he wasn't overly thrilled that the Habs weren't prepared to give him his entry-level deal coming out of junior. Did he do enough in his 10 game stint to earn a contract? I think Belzile earned one although I'm hoping it's of the minor league variety...I probably wouldn't complain if he got an ELC though.

It's interesting that you feel Vail had the most hype. Honestly, I think he had a very low amount (other than he had an article about him in the Spec). The excitement over Kristo (and even Collberg whose signing was long awaited) was much higher I'd say. Vail's not likely to be a scorer at the pro level as he's more of a defensive player so I'd say he lived up to expectations...at least he did to mine. Heck, it's hard to produce when your linemates combined for all of 4 goals and 8 assists on the season.

Other than that, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Hudon made quite the impact while Kristo, despite being touted as a near-ready NHL'er, was quiet for the most part.