Game 4: Habs @ Sens - 7pm

bar

it was a kick - proof is the follow-through. i still think though that 9/10 times regardless of score or teams involved, they would call that a good goal. thing is, Habs were already on their heels when they should have been pressing to go up 3-0. I'm comforted to know the organization is going in the right direction, but this series is disheartening and reminds us there is still a little ways to go. that said, if Habs own home ice for 2 games and steal 1 in Ottawa ... we win! it can be done. one great game Thursday can completely change the momentum. it's time ... no excuses!

Or, the habs could have shown up in the third period and played even. No one to blame but yourselves. They took there foot off the pedal in the sesond, cost them in the third.

Until these show some character, work ethic and smart hockey, they won't win.

I'm with everyone else on the Galchenyuk ice time, i can't explain it. I can't explain why DD keeps getting a pass and good minutes.

Was too pissed off to post after the game.

Not only I'm as well with everyone on Galchenyuk's ice time, but I point this out as THE BIGGEST mistake that any habs have made this season. Had to come from the coach. :wall:

Why do you sit your best player ? One of the few who apply some good pressure out there. Your game changer. The one with the best wrist shot, the most dangerous guy on the ice ALL GAME LONG.

Terrible decision by Michel Therrien. Awful.

Shortening your bench with 4 mins to go is ok, but with 8:41 ?!?!?!?! Everyone knew that Plekanec and Desharnais lines would be out of gas within the end of the game.

+ the ing soft icing calls....

The icing calls were brutal. Can't remember when I've seen such soft calls.

You know, Markov had the third goal on his stick in the second period and Anderson made an incredible save. In retrospect that was a gigantic moment.

The kick was garbage, the Turris stick hold was suspect, the icings were laughable, but the bottom line is, Prust was hurt and laying on the ice, and The Habs gave them all the momentum in the third. Bench management was horrible as well. I said in the beginning that we needed Ryder Moen Gorges and the vets to perform if we want to win. I also said that people would be mad at Plek for not defending the best players and being leading scorer. The end result is, we lost because hurt, tired underperforming vets were out there instead of the rookies. Coaches lean on their vets in these situations. It is pretty common and they need to be up to the task. I have not lost all hope, but it isn't looking good now. The good news for me is that my expectations were low this year and MB has a good unbiased look at what we need to do next year to shore up the defense.

Fr the record, Kerry Fraser said that was no goal as it wasnt a stop. He kicked one foot forward in a distinct kicking motion. Turning it as well.

What really pissed me off is how quickly they ruled. Did they even look at all the angles on so important a call?

Doug MacLean also said he would have gone nuts on the faceoff being moved to the wrong side after they put the center out. He couldn't believe with every player yelling about it before the drop that they didn't correct it.

Add that to soft icing calls and you have to wonder....

The final hit tally for this one was a whopping 107. Does anyone else find that more than a tad inflated?

Yup, home town scoring.

I'm still angry, but now there is only 1 thing to do... win game 5.

Don't talk about 3 in a row... just win game 5.

We'll worry about the rest later. Its cliche, but you can only win one game at a time.

You know what else shocked me, the hockey ops guys hired ex players to staff the war room. Fraser said they didn't hire a single former ref...

So for all we know, two ex sens and a guy from Boston made the decision... Ie...imagine our fate in the hands of PJ Stock...

Just bush league...

Oh, and my friend interviewed with the Canucks for a job and was given a tour during a game... He was blown away with how amateur the league was. Based on what he saw, don't believe many game stats for hits, TW, GW, etc. even the guys who show you where shots come from are using a tiny screen with terrible accuracy. Top of circle to bottom of circle was half a cm on the screen.. His take away... 1980s bush league.

Im Pretty sure Bob Cole mentioned they didnt even bother going to Toronto in the game. It was called by the video judge in the Ottawa building.

I thought all decisions went to the war room. Bob Cole was probably thinking of 1985...

I thought all decisions went to the war room. Bob Cole was probably thinking of 1985...

Bob Cole thinks it is 1985. :rolleyes:

if Price can't start go with Tokarski he has some talent and that idea has worked before in years gone by.

The Toronto war room issued a blog update that they reviewed and okay end the goal. They make all those calls.

By the way, even Cherry thought we were screwed over on the faceoff...

Wow, watched the replay of kicked in goal... It is clear...lifted blade and kicked it in...

I'm a homer, and if it had been Patch's skate, I might have opted for a braking motion.

THat said , feet are seldom motionless.

But it does seem to me that he performed a slow kicking motion.

It was arguable enough, barely, that TO couldn't politically overturn the call, but to me, this day with this team, it was a kicked in goal.

I was very disappointed with the second icing instance as well. Just how much can you keep yourself from retreiving the puck?

Without being at all well informed on alternatives, I am quite OK with Budaj starting next game if Carey can't carry it.

The Toronto war room issued a blog update that they reviewed and okay end the goal. They make all those calls.

By the way, even Cherry thought we were screwed over on the faceoff...

link? because i specifically heard Bob Cole say something like "Looks like they're aren't sending this to Toronto" on the cbc feed

link? because i specifically heard Bob Cole say something like "Looks like they're aren't sending this to Toronto" on the cbc feed

Are you really trusting that Bob knows what is going on in the game at any given moment when it comes to officiating? Hell, he gets the team going to the PP wrong most of the time.

• Upvote 1