Bruins about to improve...

Looks like the Bruins are going to add Luis Erikson to their lineup. A great scorer. I know Seguin is a good player but I like the trade for Boston.

With word out that Montreal is out of the Clowe race just wondering if MB is going to do anything...

With word out that Montreal is out of the Clowe race just wondering if MB is going to do anything...

It looks like he is not going to do anything stupid. :habslogo:

Doing nothing is doing something stupid. You can't go into next year with the same team and hope for much different results... Especially with Boston and Toronto improving and Detroit coming...

Year one was MB's time to evaluate, now is the time for him to put his stamp on the team...

Have I been sleeping under a rock? Giving up Seguin?? That kid led the team in scoring before barely having pubes in his shorts. Horton is gone, and this is how they react? Christ, Tukka must be asking for a lot. Who else they re-signing?

Erikspn is an incredible player and they get better prospects back. This trade is a huge win for Boston. Seguin is great, but obviously had some issues.

TSN confirms: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426938

7 Player Deal

To Dallas: Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley and Ryan Button

To Boston: Loui Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser

IMO, Boston just got seriously more dangerous. Loui Eriksson is a great offensive threat, Joe Morrow has good potential as a dman and Reilly Smith isn't a bad prospect too. Sure, losing Seguin hurts and he will be a franchise centerpiece in dallas, but Boston got the better prospects.

Good move for Boston. They had to get rid of Seguin for the same reason Pittsburg had to get rid of Staal. I'm sure they would have preferred to deal Krejci and keep Bergeron and Seguin as their top 2 for the next 10 years, but Senguin net them way more that Krejci. Eriksson is legit.

Joe Morrow isn't that good. Otherwise I like the deal for both teams.

What would you base Morrow as a poor prospect on? His first AHL year?

What would you base Morrow as a poor prospect on? His first AHL year?

With the Winterhawks in the Juniors, he upped his point production year after year and got 64 points in 62 games and +6. in his last season. While there are players who have amazing junior careers and never perform at the pro level, you can't deny that there is potential.

Best way to explain Eriksson is that's he's a winger version of Tomas Plekanec with a little more size but he doesn't really use it. He's also a better scorer than Plek.

If Seguin was the Bruins number one young guy then this would be a terrible deal. But the Bruins got a ton of youth and their forward depth is young. If this was Toronto drafting Seguin second overall and then trading him for Eriksson it'd be a colossal bad deal but the circumstances in Boston are different.

While some have confidence in Morrow, from what I've seen I don't. Fraser is much more interesting. He's the kind of guy who could move up to the NHL and be a third line scorer for them. In Seguin, Dallas has a cornerstone guy finally and can work around him. I'm not entirely convinced he'll play center in the NHL but even as a winger he'll be a top line guy.

Terrible trade for Boston,Thank God. Ericksson has no chance to match what Seguin will be. They are both soft,though i can see Seguin toughening up a bit as he gets older. i got lambasted for saying that the Kessel trade wasn't bad for TO as everyone thought it was. I think I have been proved right

Anyone catch the interview with Jimmy Murphy from Boston on the local station here? Seems Seguin likes to party, big reason why trade was made. He showed up the next day, wearing the same clothes, during the series vs the Leafs.

I like the trade for Dallas.... Seguin has outscored Eriksson in each of the last 2 years, and is 6 years younger while Eriksson is already in his prime.

Exactly, Seguin hasn't even gotten started and pairing him with Jamie Benn is gonna be disgusting for the Stars.

Seguin's teammates were rumoured to be pissed because of his lack of effort in the playoffs. I guess I'm against the trend, but I think this is a better deal for the Broons.

Sucks for Seguin. He goes from being the toast of the town to a non-traditional hockey market. This is good for Dallas, Seguin doesn't have half of the distractions in Dallas and a great line in Cole-Seguin-Benn. The gripe against Seguin is his playmaking and faceoffs, I wonder how he responds to being a number 1 guy. So now for Boston - Phil Kessel for Hamilton and Louis Eriksson. Not much to brag about there.

Unless Seguin has a serious addiction (alcohol or other drugs) this smacks to me of the Bruins giving up on a 21-year-old (!) kid. Granted, they get back a strong return...but if Seguin has the kind of career originally projected for him, he could excel for the next 15 years. Seems a slightly odd thing to do by an organization that I regretfully regard as possibly the best in hockey, but what do I know.

Different GM but same team that tossed out Joe Thornton when he was like 25 or 26. Leaving Boston was the best thing for Jumbo Joe even if he hasn't won a Cup.

I always thought one of the most incredible organizational stories I've ever seen was the way the Bruins won the Stanley Cup after throwing away one #1 C (Thornton) and losing another #1 C to concussion (Savard). Imagine if the Habs had traded Koivu for a bag of pucks and then lost Plekanec to injury...we'd still be picking up the pieces.

That said, I'm not sure of the wisdom of going for a three-peat in terms of losing elite C. Again, the return is quality but long-term this trade may look pretty dubious.