2013 Hamilton Offseason Thread

dlbalr

New Arrivals:

W Akim Aliu (Abbotsford, AHL)

W Sven Andrighetto (Rouyn-Noranda, QMJHL)

D Joel Chouinard (Lake Erie, AHL)

G Mike Condon (Princeton, ECAC)

W Justin Courtnall (South Carolina, ECHL)

D Darren Dietz (Saskatoon, WHL)

C Ben Duffy (PEI, QMJHL)

W Stefan Fournier (Halifax, QMJHL)

D Matt Grassi (Michigan State, CCHA - also had a 3 game stint with Hamilton before being released)

C Stephan MacAulay (Halifax, QMJHL)

C Maxime Macenauer (St. John's, AHL)

D Nathan McIver (Bridgeport, AHL)

D Magnus Nygren (Farjestad, SHL)

W Erik Nystrom (Karlskrona, Allsvenskan)

C Martin St. Pierre (Rockford, AHL)

D Drew Schiestel (Rochester, AHL)

W/C Nick Tarnasky (Rochester, AHL)

W Christian Thomas (Connecticut, AHL)

Confirmed Departures:

(excluding players on ATO's/PTO's)

W Alexander Avtsin (Lokotmotiv, KHL)

D Antoine Corbin (Cincinnati, ECHL)

D Jason DeSantis (HIFK, SM-liiga)

W/C Blake Geoffrion (retired)

W Kyle Hagel (Portland, AHL)

W Danny Kristo (New York R., NHL)

W Phillipe Lefebvre (San Antonio, AHL - under NHL contract to Florida)

F Daultan Leveille (Evansville, ECHL)

C Petteri Nokelainen (Brynas, SHL)

D Frederic St-Denis (Springfield, AHL - under NHL contract to Columbus)

D Joe Stejskal (Florida, ECHL)

RW Zack Stortini (Norfolk, AHL - under NHL contract to Anaheim)

C Joey Tenute (Malmo, Allsvenskan)

Potential Departures:

(excluding players on ATO's/PTO's)

W Alex Belzile (AHL free agent)

C Olivier Fortier (AHL free agent)

W Ian Schultz (not qualified, current UFA)

D Jarred Tinordi (potential full-timer in Montreal)

Tentative Lineup:

(* - must clear waivers)

Blunden* - St. Pierre* - Thomas

Holland - Dumont* - Leblanc

Tarnasky* - Bournival - Andrighetto

Quailer - Nattinen - Fournier

MacAulay - Macenauer - Nystrom

Courtnall - Duffy - Chaput

Beaulieu - Pateryn

Nygren - Dietz

McIver - Ellis

Chouinard - Schiestel

Grassi

(all but Beaulieu and Chouinard are right hand shots on defence, they could use another lefty...)

Tokarski

Mayer

Condon

Delmas

Not player related but Hamilton has fired their equipment, training, and medical staffs. Everyone but the coaching staff it seems...which are the ones that most would have liked to have seen fired.

Eric Levesque (medical/equipment) and Francis St. Pierre (equipment) are joining Hamilton from the Rimouski organization. I would hope there will be more than just those two being added... http://www.oceanic.qc.ca/article/ric-l-vesque-et-francis-st-pierre

One d-man that no one expected to be back will not be back as Jason DeSantis has signed with HIFK in Finland; it's a one year contract.

http://www.hifk.fi/uutiset/Rico-Fata-ja-Jason-DeSantis-IFKhon-Kurtis-McLean-siirtyy-KHLaeaen

Robert Mayer and HC Biel of the NLA reached an agreement today to nullify the deal he signed there so that he could return to play in North America. :wall: The settlement means that Biel will withdraw their suit against Mayer for breach of contract.

• 2 weeks later...

We certianly won't be able to complain about veteran help. Mind you, I would like to see a veteran on the back end. That may just be 8&9 from Montreal. Any sense where all these goalies are going to play? It is almost like we need to take on another affiliate or at least be on our own. I suspect that we will have some new faces at rookie camp. Who has earned at least an invitation from the results of developmental camp?

I'd like to see a veteran as well but that may not come for a little while yet. I think they may go the Woywitka route, try to find an NHL #8/9 guy like you suggest that's willing to take a two-way deal but those guys probably won't sign until September.

Goalie wise, I'm beginning to get the sense that Tokarski isn't going to be back, especially since Mayer got two years. If he does come back (and I hope my hunch on him getting dealt is wrong), then I'd guess Condon goes to Wheeling and Delmas get loaned wherever they can find a place for him, perhaps in the Central League.

As for invites from development camp, I'd imagine a few of the players will get the call to rookie camp in September. Stephen MacAulay I would suggest is likely and I still think there's something to the fact that the three I mistakenly reported as signed earlier inked tryouts well before they needed to (the others being Ben Duffy and Gabriel Desjardins). I have to think the organization sees something in to sign tryout deals as early as they did so maybe those two get another look. Alex Belzile and Matt Grassi, who both played in Hamilton late in the year, are other guys there that could get a second invite. I'm sure a few others will make it although not being there to see the practices, I couldn't begin to guess who they would be.

Frederic St-Denis gets a one year, two-way deal with Columbus. Zack Stortini, despite his atrocious season last year, gets an NHL pact this time with Anaheim, also for one year. (He gets $150k to play in the AHL, nice reward after a terrible year with Hamilton.)

Robert Mayer has been signed to a 2-year contract. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian/ I hope we will be able to summit questions similar to last year. Willis/Craig to MB. I like many of us would like clarification on this signing and what it is really all about. I think they need to come clean and remove the shroud of mystery. I don't believe he earned that contract.

Brian/ I hope we will be able to summit questions similar to last year. Willis/Craig to MB. I like many of us would like clarification on this signing and what it is really all about. I think they need to come clean and remove the shroud of mystery. I don't believe he earned that contract.

Closer to camp I'll get a hold of Derek to see if we can do that again. That said, he has been a strong promoter of Mayer (he celebrated his re-signing on Twitter) so I think you'd get the 'organizational response' anyways.

Also, Stephen MacAulay has inked a one year contract with Hamilton.

HF Boards is claiming Andrighetto to play for Hamilton this year.

That seems to be the plan although he has yet to sign. It sounds like he has made it known he wants to play for the Bulldogs but that's as far as it has gone so far.

So who is likely to be playing in the AHL this season? Mac Bennett must be coming over isn't he? I got high hopes for Little Mac.

The bottom of the first post has a projected lineup (not with Andrighetto yet since he isn't signed). As Commandant noted, Bennett is returning to college (he'll be the Michigan's captain) but like Kristo, is a potential late-season signing.