Dumont signs a two year deal

dlbalr

It's depth. If he makes it through to Hamilton, he can still be a big help to their top six. If he gets claimed, it's not a huge loss either. I think he's a tad overpaid in the second year at the AHL level, I almost wonder if that's a bit of a poison pill to try to deter any teams from claiming him.

I think that this is a good signing, I think he came into his own in Hamilton and I think he did fairly well in Montreal when called upon, he is a pesky little player who I think could do well on Montreals third or fourth line....I'd go as far to say that I'd rather keep Dumont over Ryan White

I think that this is a good signing, I think he came into his own in Hamilton and I think he did fairly well in Montreal when called upon, he is a pesky little player who I think could do well on Montreals third or fourth line....I'd go as far to say that I'd rather keep Dumont over Ryan White

Oh dear that's crazy. White's a better player in every aspect other than offence and responsibility of not taking bad penalties.

Oh dear that's crazy. White's a better player in every aspect other than offence and responsibility of not taking bad penalties.

No he isn't. ,And last I checked,offense is pretty important,as is not taking stupid penalties.Regardless there are many other players i'd rather see in that role

The problem with Dumont is that an already small forward unit gets smaller.

I don't really mind that when we add real talent to the team, but not to add a fourth liner.

the kid is on a 2 way contract and he seems to play hard and is willing to drop the gloves and take a beating vs bigger players, which cant be said for many, so i dont mind signing at all.

the kid is on a 2 way contract and he seems to play hard and is willing to drop the gloves and take a beating vs bigger players, which cant be said for many, so i dont mind signing at all.

I don't mind signing him for depth. I don't want to see him as a 70-80 game player though

I don't mind signing him for depth. I don't want to see him as a 70-80 game player though

will never happen as long as we're not a 30th seed team.

Guest Stogey24

He's 5'9 170lbs. The skill set is there, I know. It just feels like another redundant signing. But hey, he's from Quebec, so it's ok.

He's 5'9 170lbs. The skill set is there, I know. It just feels like another redundant signing. But hey, he's from Quebec, so it's ok.

I don't care for Dumont at all but I don't think it's a French Canadian thing either. We played Mike Blunden last year as well.

Dumont showed he can be a passable injury replacement, has shown improvement each year in the AHL, and was willing to take a near minimum NHL salary for two years. Given the amount of smaller players I suppose it is a redundancy in that sense but as far as injury replacements go, he's not a bad option to have, birthplace or anything else aside.