Regular Season schedule released

dlbalr

How old is he?

He'll be a month shy of 4 (New Years Eve birthday!) when we go to the game. We went to 3 Avalanche games last year. He might also be the only 3 and a half year old in Colorado that can sing the Canadian anthem. (To be fair, he sings the American anthem, too...)

Not looking forward to:

1) December road trip around Christmas

2) Metropolitan Division:

jackie-chan-meme_thumb7.png

I second that.... who came up with this division name? Has anyone step forward to claim this bastard child?

They had a chance to add a bit of history to the division names... use some generation-defining talents like Lemieux, Gretzky, Orr, & Roy to name the divisions.

I'd rather Montreal play in the Orr division than the Atlantic.

I could understand older fans who rooted against those players having a problem with that, though. Like would we want to play in a Chara division?

Probably not, but that's because Chara isn't a generation defining talent. In 30 years, could Philly stand playing in the Crosby division?

No... because their fans are all assholes. But everyone else would understand it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stogey24

RDS

I Had RDS a couple seasons back. I don't speak a lick of French, but I watched the majority of the season in it. Who needs Rosetta Stone. Just watch RDS everyday.

I am forced to watch RDS because the TSN regional and NHL center ice games are blacked out where I live. I don't understand why this is but RDS is good enough for an english guy like myself.

Guest Stogey24

I am forced to watch RDS because the TSN regional and NHL center ice games are blacked out where I live. I don't understand why this is but RDS is good enough for an english guy like myself.

After having centre ice I don't think I could go a season without it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think a fan of any other Canadian team has the good situation that a Habs fan who understands French has with RDS. The Canadiens are pretty much their reason for existing. Plus, Pierre is one of the best play-by-play guys in the biz.

Speaking of RDS, they'll have live coverage of the annual golf tournament tomorrow starting at 7 AM. I'm sure there should be a few interviews of note somewhere along the line.

Yep, I've read that the french media is swooning over Danny boy.