Habs Trivia

dlbalr

Since we've hit the dog days of summer, how about a trivia thread to pass the time? To avoid clogging the thread with too many questions, let's make it so that there are no more than five questions at any given time out there. Everyone is encouraged to guess or provide questions of their own (make sure you can provide a link/source for the answer). I'll get the ball rolling with some questions:

- Which former Montreal prospect (he played in Hamilton but not Montreal) recently opened a vegan kitchen in Halifax?

- Name the former Hab who led the EIHL in scoring this past season. (For those wondering, the EIHL is in Britain.)

- Which former Hab prospect (drafted, never signed) once had a recurring role in a Swedish TV series as a 14/15 year old?

All of these can easily be researched (that's how I came up with #3) but I encourage you to guess first. (Trivia about current Habs would be nice too, I just picked the ones I knew about.)

Who are the 3 players who made up the line known as the PhD line?

Which Lord of the Rings star wore a Habs jersey under his costume during shooting?

What actor, known for roles in Goon, Million Dollar Baby, Undeclared and others, is originally from Montreal and a huge Habs fan?

Who scored a hat trick on December 4th 2009, during the Habs' Centennial Game against the Buins?

Who scored a hat trick during the Stanley Cup Finals in 1993 against the LA Kings?

Since we've hit the dog days of summer, how about a trivia thread to pass the time? To avoid clogging the thread with too many questions, let's make it so that there are no more than five questions at any given time out there. Everyone is encouraged to guess or provide questions of their own (make sure you can provide a link/source for the answer). I'll get the ball rolling with some questions:

- Which former Hab prospect (drafted, never signed) once had a recurring role in a Swedish TV series as a 14/15 year old?

Only so many swedish prospects so... Nichlas Torp?

What actor, known for roles in Goon, Million Dollar Baby, Undeclared and others, is originally from Montreal and a huge Habs fan?
Who scored a hat trick during the Stanley Cup Finals in 1993 against the LA Kings?

- Jay Baruchel, who was unofficially named 'honorary captain' at the Just for Laughs festival

- Eric Desjardins

Who are the 3 players who made up the line known as the PhD line?

Which Lord of the Rings star wore a Habs jersey under his costume during shooting?

Who scored a hat trick on December 4th 2009, during the Habs' Centennial Game against the Buins?

The PhD line was Pouliot, Halpern and Darche.

Aragorn aka Vigo Mortensen was wearing a habs t-shirt. He's been seen many times wearing Habs jersey for various photo shoots.

Pretty sure the hat trick was Cammy's for the Centennial game.

You're right, there aren't that many but it's not him.

Tried hard with google and still couldnt get this answered. How far back in time is this? :D

The PhD line was Pouliot, Halpern and Darche.

Aragorn aka Vigo Mortensen was wearing a habs t-shirt. He's been seen many times wearing Habs jersey for various photo shoots.

Pretty sure the hat trick was Cammy's for the Centennial game.

Have Viggo Mortensen been a habsfan for long or is it because Eller plays here?

Have Viggo Mortensen been a habsfan for long or is it because Eller plays here?

Way before Eller was traded here. Think LOTR part one.

Answer: Christopher Heino-Lindberg

Yep. I was looking up his career to do a question about his singing career when I stumbled upon the TV tidbit.

From 1999 to 2000, Heino-Lindberg had a recurring part as Matti in the Swedish TV series, Eva & Adam.

Source: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=595

Also, I'm crossing out questions as they've been answered, just in case anyone's wondering why some are crossed out and others aren't. If your question has been answered, feel free to edit your post to cross it out as well.

Friday, April 20, 1984 is known as the Good Friday Massacre between the Montreal Canadiens and Quebec Nordiques. The bench clearing brawl led to 252 penalty minutes assessed in the game (198 in the second period alone) and 11 players ejected. Name the 11 players.

Added bonus: who were the four players given game misconducts in the second period yet started on the ice in the third period?

Friday, April 20, 1984 is known as the Good Friday Massacre between the Montreal Canadiens and Quebec Nordiques. The bench clearing brawl led to 252 penalty minutes assessed in the game (198 in the second period alone) and 11 players ejected. Name the 11 players.

Added bonus: who were the four players given game misconducts in the second period yet started on the ice in the third period?

Ok. I will start it with the 4 I'm sure, since I watched this video on Youtube several times.

Mario Tremblay

Chris Nilan

Peter Statsny

Louis Sleigher (spelling) (the one who knocked Hamel)

Then the obvious candidates :

Richard Sévigny

Mark Hunter

Mike McPhee (the first fight of Round 2)

Clint Malarchuk

Dale Hunter

Moller (don't know his first name)

Tremblay, Sleigher, Nilan and Stastny came back after being ejected.

- Which former Montreal prospect (he played in Hamilton but not Montreal) recently opened a vegan kitchen in Halifax?

- Name the former Hab who led the EIHL in scoring this past season. (For those wondering, the EIHL is in Britain.)

All of these can easily be researched (that's how I came up with #3) but I encourage you to guess first. (Trivia about current Habs would be nice too, I just picked the ones I knew about.)

I was going to say Pierre Dagenais as a joke answer, and then I noticed he had a "Where Are They Now?" interview on the habs official site so I decided to check juuuust to make sure iot wasn't him.

It wasn't :) But it's a good read.

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/article/Where-Are-They-Now-Pierre-Dagena