Habs Trivia

dlbalr

Ok. I will start it with the 4 I'm sure, since I watched this video on Youtube several times.

Mario Tremblay

Chris Nilan

Peter Statsny

Louis Sleigher (spelling) (the one who knocked Hamel)

Then the obvious candidates :

Richard Sévigny

Mark Hunter

Mike McPhee (the first fight of Round 2)

Clint Malarchuk

Dale Hunter

Moller (don't know his first name)

Tremblay, Sleigher, Nilan and Stastny came back after being ejected.

You got 10 out of 11.

Almost every report lists it as 10 players ejected but there was an 11th.

You got 10 out of 11.

Almost every report lists it as 10 players ejected but there was an 11th.

Hamel was ejected... by one punch :)

David Ling from Halifax led the UK league in scoring.

A friend of mine is like his cousin or something so I knew that... but I didn't know he was an ex-hab!

After Google Search: 1 Game in 97-98 nice Brian :P

I know I showed this to Brian and it was on the front page for a while...

but...

Which ex-Hab had more Stanley Cups then he had birthdays when he retired?

Interesting interview with Dagenais, including his categorical denial that the much-reviled "Three Amigos" existed as a clique away from the ice. (In other words, no partying involving the three of them). What bugs me is at the end, where he says if he could be 25 again, he'd "change some things," but there's no follow-up. What exactly would he change? I hate it when cryptic remarks like that are left dangling in interviews, but I guess you can't expect too much more from a puff piece.

A friend of mine is like his cousin or something so I knew that... but I didn't know he was an ex-hab!

After Google Search: 1 Game in 97-98 nice Brian :P

Don't forget the riveting two games in 96-97. :)

Source: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/top_league.php?lid=eihl2004&sid=2013&leaguenm=EIHL

Prust fought 10 times last season.

Who's the last one who fought 10+ times in one regular season for the Habs ?

Darren Langdon - who also is one of the four Newfoundlanders to play in Montreal not named Ryder.

Just wanted to note that us here in Prince Edward Island have adopted David Ling as one of our own. He is an Islander. Anybody with ties to us that goes on to big things, becomes one of us. We only have 150,000 people so we take what we can get. Except for Dion Phaneuf, he has family here and lives here in the off season....but we don't want any part of that.

Still waiting for a final answer on this one:

Friday, April 20, 1984 is known as the Good Friday Massacre between the Montreal Canadiens and Quebec Nordiques. The bench clearing brawl led to 252 penalty minutes assessed in the game (198 in the second period alone) and 11 players ejected. Name the 11 players. (10/11 have been named)

A new question, name the one former Hab who is of Lithuanian descent.

Still waiting for a final answer on this one:

Friday, April 20, 1984 is known as the Good Friday Massacre between the Montreal Canadiens and Quebec Nordiques. The bench clearing brawl led to 252 penalty minutes assessed in the game (198 in the second period alone) and 11 players ejected. Name the 11 players. (10/11 have been named)

A new question, name the one former Hab who is of Lithuanian descent.

Danius Zubrus

Danius Zubrus

Yep.

No one else has any questions?

A new one to keep this going, this time about a current Hab. Brandon Prust has taken at least one penalty playing against 29 of the 30 NHL teams in his career. Name the one team he has never been penalized against.

Yep.

No one else has any questions?

I was genuinely curious if any Habs besides Bulis and Eller had scored four goals this century. If not, who was the last guy to do it before them?

I can still visualize Kovalev, basically doing a somersault on the ice after tying it up :lol: What a game - the highlight of a magical season.

Yeah, that was a great season to watch. Even at 5-0, I remember thinking that one more goal by NY would put it out of reach, that's how well the team had been playing that year.

And it was Halak in net for the big turnaround. At the time of his trade, someone commented on how at almost all the big moments it was him, and not Price, in the net. Even in our signature win this year, the Gallagher shootout-winner in Boston, it was Budaj in there for the crucial moments. :unsure: