Habs Trivia

dlbalr

Blair Betts

Unofficially this is true although the NHL later on reversed the transaction (in essence, making it that it never happened). I'll rephrase: :)

Name the last player that the Habs acquired off of waivers (that was not later reversed by the league) that did not actually play a single game for the team.

Name the last player that the Habs acquired off of waivers (that was not later reversed by the league) that did not actually play a single game for the team.

No one else wants to take a shot at this one? It wasn't all that long ago that this happened (beyond the reversed Betts pickup).

No one else wants to take a shot at this one? It wasn't all that long ago that this happened (beyond the reversed Betts pickup).

All I can recall is Leighton.

All I can recall is Leighton.

Yep, that's who it is. He dressed for one game as the backup but did not play. If anyone wants to go one step further, name the last player claimed off waivers (non-rescinded) by the Habs that did not play or dress for a game. (You don't have to go much further back in time...)

I'm down to more or less random stuff now - there's the final part to the waiver question above or you can tackle this one.

Three Swedish-born players have suited up for the Habs without ever recording a point. Name them.

Yep, that's who it is. He dressed for one game as the backup but did not play. If anyone wants to go one step further, name the last player claimed off waivers (non-rescinded) by the Habs that did not play or dress for a game. (You don't have to go much further back in time...)

hmmm Nigel Dawes?

I'm down to more or less random stuff now - there's the final part to the waiver question above or you can tackle this one.

Three Swedish-born players have suited up for the Habs without ever recording a point. Name them.

Andreas Engqvist

Patrick Kjellberg

I give up for the 3rd one.

Andreas Engqvist

Patrick Kjellberg

I give up for the 3rd one.

Both of those are correct. The third one played for the Habs the same year Kjellberg did. Funny enough, Kjellberg had a half-decent run in the NHL when he was brought back to North America by Nashville, he picked up a couple of 40+ point years when they were an expansion team.

Both of those are correct. The third one played for the Habs the same year Kjellberg did. Funny enough, Kjellberg had a half-decent run in the NHL when he was brought back to North America by Nashville, he picked up a couple of 40+ point years when they were an expansion team.

hahaha Patric Carnback. Never thought he was Swedish...

how about the Caps? might be ancient history, but as a new expansion team, Habs cleaned up on them - perhaps enough that the average remains high?

how about the Caps? might be ancient history, but as a new expansion team, Habs cleaned up on them - perhaps enough that the average remains high?

Nope. They're in the upper half but not the team that Montreal scores more per game against than anyone else.

Florida?

If not, it's gotta be a not-too-old Western Conference team who are usually bad. Columbus?

Shockingly, there are only three active teams that the Habs score less against per game than the Panthers. As for Columbus, the Habs average 2.00 goals per game against them, less than any other team (active or defunct).

Québec Nordiques. :)

The site I'm using combines older teams with their new ones (Whalers + Hurricanes, Jets (old) + Coyotes, Thrashers + Jets (new), etc) so I can't break down the numbers before the move to Colorado. They are, however, in the top-10 including defunct teams but not at the top.