Rookie Camp - Official Roster

JoeLassister

Worth noting, Matt Boudens was at the first camp as well so obviously there's something they like with him. Maxime Gravel is also a returnee after being passed up in the draft. Also worth noting is that Alex Belzile isn't there - it would appear he's not heading back to Hamilton after all which is a little surprising.

There's only one player on that list that I wasn't aware of in advance, that being Beattie who looks like he'd just be minor league depth.

In terms of omissions, I'm a bit surprised that Leblanc isn't on there. He's two years into his ELC but I can't say he has done enough to the point where attending the camp wouldn't be beneficial.

Worth noting, Matt Boudens was at the first camp as well so obviously there's something they like with him. Maxime Gravel is also a returnee after being passed up in the draft. Also worth noting is that Alex Belzile isn't there - it would appear he's not heading back to Hamilton after all which is a little surprising.

There's only one player on that list that I wasn't aware of in advance, that being Beattie who looks like he'd just be minor league depth.

In terms of omissions, I'm a bit surprised that Leblanc isn't on there. He's two years into his ELC but I can't say he has done enough to the point where attending the camp wouldn't be beneficial.

I don't know much about Chouinard, but the other "omissions"--- Dumont,Blunden,Tarnasky like Leblanc should have enough experience to know what is expected of them. i would also put them in the category of "known" commodities.

I don't know much about Chouinard, but the other "omissions"--- Dumont,Blunden,Tarnasky like Leblanc should have enough experience to know what is expected of them. i would also put them in the category of "known" commodities.

Blunden and Tarnasky are more or less veterans at this stage, you generally don't bring in UFA's to a rookie camp. I think the Hamilton d-men (Chouinard and Schiestel) are more or less there as fillers to see if they're worth taking into the main camp or not. In the past, players not on ELC's were typically exempted from camp.

I'm not up to this part in the CBA yet (I'm getting lazy on my required readings) but I've read there are NHL games played limits that would exempt certain players from the rookie camp. I've read 25 GP as the threshold, 50 GP, and 50 games on an active roster. Leblanc qualifies to be exempt for #1 and probably #3 but not #2 so I'm not sure what the deal is there. I suspect though his surprise omission from the camp is due to an exemption and not a repeat of the circumstances leading to Danny Kristo's departure.

Isn't rookie camp mostly about thing like how to compose yourself to the media, the life of a hockey professional, etc, with a few hockey drills thrown in?

Leblanc probably doesn't have much else to learn at that camp. Are there any other players there that are entering their 3rd season in Hamilton? Only Nattinen right?

Seems like it's just the organization saying, "Don't prove yourself to rookies, prove yourself to pros. See you at training camp."

Isn't rookie camp mostly about thing like how to compose yourself to the media, the life of a hockey professional, etc, with a few hockey drills thrown in?

Leblanc probably doesn't have much else to learn at that camp. Are there any other players there that are entering their 3rd season in Hamilton? Only Nattinen right?

Seems like it's just the organization saying, "Don't prove yourself to rookies, prove yourself to pros. See you at training camp."

Yeah, that is kind of what I was getting at. What are you trying to accomplish at rookie camp? It is interesting that Dlbair brings up the point of NHL game threshold.

I think that's more of the June/July development camp where there are seminars. This one is more on-ice based as it leads into main camp (or being returned to junior to jump right into the regular season). I'm sure the development guys will be watching for areas to tell each prospect to try to focus on when they're sent back or sent down as well which would require more on-ice sessions.

I think that's more of the June/July development camp where there are seminars. This one is more on-ice based as it leads into main camp (or being returned to junior to jump right into the regular season). I'm sure the development guys will be watching for areas to tell each prospect to try to focus on when they're sent back or sent down as well which would require more on-ice sessions.

I still believe it is about orientation but as you point out more on-ice variety As for the organization, I believe they are reassessing, seeing how players have responded to suggestions from development camp and begin to pigeon-hole them into roles for this year as well as more direction on what they need to work on. It is obvious that these young pups might need a few reps together before they go out and compete with the big boys.

Fair enough. Forgot about that camp.

Jacob Gervais-Chouinard is no longer listed on the Habs' roster on NHL.com with the rest of the tryouts, suggesting he may no longer be at camp. It should be noted that he has committed to the CIS already so it's not as if he was expecting to get a contract.

Jacob Gervais-Chouinard is no longer listed on the Habs' roster on NHL.com with the rest of the tryouts, suggesting he may no longer be at camp. It should be noted that he has committed to the CIS already so it's not as if he was expecting to get a contract.

The Bulldog site has him signed to an AHL/ECHL contract so how could he be committed to the CIS?

The Bulldog site has him signed to an AHL/ECHL contract so how could he be committed to the CIS?

He was signed to a contract last year at the end of the season (ATO) but he's not now. The roster I can find on Hamilton's site is from last year's team. There's no room for him anyways; as it is one of Delmas or Condon is probably getting sent to the Central League unless Pittsburgh lets Montreal stock both goalies in Wheeling.

He was signed to a contract last year at the end of the season (ATO) but he's not now. The roster I can find on Hamilton's site is from last year's team. There's no room for him anyways; as it is one of Delmas or Condon is probably getting sent to the Central League unless Pittsburgh lets Montreal stock both goalies in Wheeling.

I am speaking about Joel Chouinard the defenseman----- Under Bulldogs news and Wheeling headlines both have announced his signing this year. The article on the Bulldogs site is dated the 20th of Aug. this year? Hamilton doesn't usually put up new roster until they are sure who will be there.

I am speaking about Joel Chouinard the defenseman----- Under Bulldogs news and Wheeling headlines both have announced his signing this year. The article on the Bulldogs site is dated the 20th of Aug. this year? Hamilton doesn't usually put up new roster until they are sure who will be there.

Sorry Dlbair-- what's the chances of 2 J Gervais Chouinards trying out for the same team. Are they brothers?

Sorry Dlbair-- what's the chances of 2 J Gervais Chouinards trying out for the same team. Are they brothers?

They are. Joel Gervais-Chouinard (usually noted without Gervais in his name), the d-man, is signed to Hamilton and will play there or in Wheeling. Jacob Gervais-Chouinard, played on an ATO last year and was invited to rookie camp. However, he has committed to McGill so if he does report (the fact he was removed today from the NHL.com roster suggests he may not), it would just be as roster filler.

They are. Joel Gervais-Chouinard (usually noted without Gervais in his name), the d-man, is signed to Hamilton and will play there or in Wheeling. Jacob Gervais-Chouinard, played on an ATO last year and was invited to rookie camp. However, he has committed to McGill so if he does report (the fact he was removed today from the NHL.com roster suggests he may not), it would just be as roster filler.

When I seen the rookie camp list i never even looked at the goaltenders because as you put it we have no more room.

lol encyclopedia dlbalricus.

• Upvote 1

Are the rookies playing other teams soon? In the west, they are already rookie exhibition games started between teams.

Are the rookies playing other teams soon? In the west, they are already rookie exhibition games started between teams.

The Habs don't participate in those. They used to way back when, but haven't for years.

I don't understand why other teams do it, to be honest. The amount of chippiness and fighting is way up from normal games in those, as players try and literally fight their way onto the roster. The Oilers lost a couple of defensemen to injuries in fights at these games a couple years back, guys they thought would make the NHL (Alex Plante, Colton Teubert).

I'd like to keep these kids healthy for games that matter.

The Habs don't participate in those. They used to way back when, but haven't for years.

I don't understand why other teams do it, to be honest. The amount of chippiness and fighting is way up from normal games in those, as players try and literally fight their way onto the roster. The Oilers lost a couple of defensemen to injuries in fights at these games a couple years back, guys they thought would make the NHL (Alex Plante, Colton Teubert).

I'd like to keep these kids healthy for games that matter.

Here here!