Pre-season games on RDS

Stephane Pichette

As far as I know, they haven't announced anything yet. I suspect they'll have their typical 'look-ins' on RDS Info for some of them and might actually do a regular broadcast for a game or two. All we know for sure at this point is that TSN2 has the Boston game in a couple of weeks.

I don't see why they wouldn't telecast all pre-season games. I mean...what else can they show that will garner higher ratings...and thus charge more for advertising? It's a no-brainer.

If I had to guess, production costs would be the main reason. The cheaper program with less ratings may have a net cost less than a more expensive program with higher ratings (and ad revenues obviously).

I just wish there was a way to purchase RDS to watch on my PC. I don't subscribe to cable or satellite and I'm not about to start, but I would gladly give RDS my $$ to be able to watch every game from my PC.

• Upvote 1

I just wish there was a way to purchase RDS to watch on my PC. I don't subscribe to cable or satellite and I'm not about to start, but I would gladly give RDS my $$ to be able to watch every game from my PC.

Oh totally.

RDS has aired many pre-season games in the past...I don't see why they shouldn't air all 7 pre-season games. I am curious to see what they will air if the do not show the games. Also on the topic...I wish RDS would show the opening (when the club steps on the ice) rather than have the host/analysts talk during the opening.

RDS has aired many pre-season games in the past...I don't see why they shouldn't air all 7 pre-season games. I am curious to see what they will air if the do not show the games. Also on the topic...I wish RDS would show the opening (when the club steps on the ice) rather than have the host/analysts talk during the opening.

From the sounds of it they will be doing all of the preseason games this year which is a lot more than the couple that they usually show live (not including the look-in games from RIS/RDS Info).

They did that 4-5 years ago, and the quality was horrendous. Although I had a good computer and fast internet, every game was still choppy and had a sub-SD quality picture.