2013 Training Camp

Trizzak

Maybe management thinks prospects develop better team defense when they have a mediocre goalie behind them.

Keeping Mayer is actually a really smart move!

Last year's last place finish with Mayer playing half the games should have put an end to that theory in a hurry.

Last year's last place finish with Mayer playing half the games should have put an end to that theory in a hurry.

But look at Tinordi and Pateryn so far in camp! I think we can safely chalk that up to Mayer.

Maybe he's Satan?

Look, there's obviously no actual evidence to support this, but it appears we've exhausted all other possibilities...

Robert Mayer is literally Satan.

Satan using his powers to win a 2-year minor league contract. This is either a prelude to something big, or he's lost a step.

• Upvote 2

Maybe he's Satan?

Look, there's obviously no actual evidence to support this, but it appears we've exhausted all other possibilities...

Robert Mayer is literally Satan.

Conversation that happened last year:

Satan: "yo, bergevin, make you a deal: your soul for the president's trophy this year."

MB: "man, my soul is a big price to pay. how about a contract to play for Hamilton?"

Satan: "well i'll take a two way AHL contract and a guarantee to play start half the bulldogs games. but you'll have to settle for 3rd in the east, no president's trophy."

MB: "make it 2nd in the conference and winning our division."

Satan: "well of course you'll win the division if you end up 2nd in the conference lol who is this guy? fine it's a deal."

MB: "jeez, i just want to make sure, you don't have to be so mean about it, Satan. you're such a dick sometimes."

• Upvote 3

So apparently Murray hadn't done much skating before camp started and that led to his injury, and he won't be ready on the 1st. Pretty disappointing, but at least Tinordi looks ready.

Agree, just you can guarantee first game will likely involve a lineup with a goon filling in for Clarkson and with the new "Big George" and Murray both on the shelf, basically undoing Bergevins summer tweeks, to let expendable vets duke it out.

Which would of allowed Prust to simply play a checking and PK role and not force Tinordi to drop em in first game vs some bigger no-talent Leaf.

Guest Stogey24

Agree, just you can guarantee first game will likely involve a lineup with a goon filling in for Clarkson and with the new "Big George" and Murray both on the shelf, basically undoing Bergevins summer tweeks, to let expendable vets duke it out.

Which would of allowed Prust to simply play a checking and PK role and not force Tinordi to drop em in first game vs some bigger no-talent Leaf.

Just like Dblair has said before. If Parros is still hurt, then Tarnasky will fill his role.

Blunden will be plucked, I would think. Of the rest, I'm not sure there's much worry about losing them.

He cleared a few times last year and hasn't impressed much in camp. There will be a lot of those types of players going on the waiver wire in the next four days, I think he'd pass through without issue.

Conversation that happened last year:

Satan: "yo, bergevin, make you a deal: your soul for the president's trophy this year."

MB: "man, my soul is a big price to pay. how about a contract to play for Hamilton?"

Satan: "well i'll take a two way AHL contract and a guarantee to play start half the bulldogs games. but you'll have to settle for 3rd in the east, no president's trophy."

MB: "make it 2nd in the conference and winning our division."

Satan: "well of course you'll win the division if you end up 2nd in the conference lol who is this guy? fine it's a deal."

MB: "jeez, i just want to make sure, you don't have to be so mean about it, Satan. you're such a dick sometimes."

HAHAHAHAHA

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet but here are today's cuts:

Christian Thomas

Michael Blunden*

Martin St-Pierre*

Nick Tarnasky*

Patrick Holland

Magnus Nygren

Darren Dietz

Greg Pateryn

* - must clear waivers, were waived for the 12 PM waiver dispatch today

I would not be shocked to see Tarnasky or Blunden taken by Edmonton.

How many slow fourth liners do they need? They just picked up MacIntyre and they have Brown already. Adding a third in Tarnasky who hasn't played in the NHL for the better part of four years wouldn't make much sense. Blunden's a dime a dozen depth forward and there are better players than he is that are also on waivers today.

How many slow fourth liners do they need? They just picked up MacIntyre and they have Brown already. Adding a third in Tarnasky who hasn't played in the NHL for the better part of four years wouldn't make much sense. Blunden's a dime a dozen depth forward and there are better players than he is that are also on waivers today.

And yet you seem to always worry about Dumont getting snatched...

And yet you seem to always worry about Dumont getting snatched...

It's depth. If he makes it through to Hamilton, he can still be a big help to their top six. If he gets claimed, it's not a huge loss either. I think he's a tad overpaid in the second year at the AHL level, I almost wonder if that's a bit of a poison pill to try to deter any teams from claiming him.

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=24282#entry475720

I haven't been that worried about him but youngsters have a tendency to get claimed more than the older ones. I mention that he has to clear a lot since he's young and some still think he's exempt.

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=24282#entry475720

I haven't been that worried about him but youngsters have a tendency to get claimed more than the older ones. I mention that he has to clear a lot since he's young and some still think he's exempt.

Okay, fair enough.

Beaulieu and Dumont are both sent to Hamilton. Bournival and Tinordi have made the Habs opening day roster.

Seems like Tinordi has until Drewiske comes off IR to prove he belongs to stay, and then assuming he does, he'll have to prove he's better than Murray or Bouillon when Emelin comes off IR. All doable, IMHO.

Bournival? Assuming White and Parros trade spots on RW all season, then Moen might be a bit worried to have Bournival nipping at his heels.

Beaulieu and Dumont are both sent to Hamilton. Bournival and Tinordi have made the Habs opening day roster.

Seems like Tinordi has until Drewiske comes off IR to prove he belongs to stay, and then assuming he does, he'll have to prove he's better than Murray or Bouillon when Emelin comes off IR. All doable, IMHO.

Bournival? Assuming White and Parros trade spots on RW all season, then Moen might be a bit worried to have Bournival nipping at his heels.

I don't think Moen needs to be that worried. I don't see Bournival staying on the roster for long. Parros still hasn't got the green light to play; when that happens, Bournival is likely Hamilton-bound. It would be ridiculous to regularly carry 14 forwards at this stage and Bournival isn't supplanting one of the fourth liners on a regular basis yet.

Moen is fantastic trade bait for the team, even at his contract. Most teams in the league, especially playoff contending ones need a guy like Moen. He was considered a disappointment last season and there were a lot of calls for him. If this is his last season in Montreal, we'll at least get something good for him in return. I just hope someone emerges for the penalty kill.