2013 Training Camp

Trizzak

Rumour going around that Collberg is looking to stay in North America this season; doesn't matter if it's NHL or AHL. I don't know how verifiable this is, so we'll just give it a T2 rating.

It's false. It's Montreal or SHL, Hamilton isn't an option until Frolunda's season is over.

And whos roster spot would Collberg fit into? Dosent seem any real openings up front, cept a possible temp slot that seems Thomas may fill if captain cant go Oct 1?

You've got the 9 game tryout before his contract kicks in if Collberg wins that spot.

To me the competition for that spot is Thomas (favorite) vs Leblanc vs Collberg

See how LL looks today vs Bruins.

Am quite curious to see Thomas in action.

Bournival really did very well yesterday, but he is highly unlikely to fill in for Gionta?

Holland looked fine also, 3 block shots in limited minutes, will his offense increase a lot this year in Hamilton?

Still think Tinordi should be headed straight to Hamilton to work on puck skills etc, with a ton of icetime. But he draws in for 2nd straight game, when I thought Ellis or Thrower might get a shot, so maybe mgmt is on the fence with him?

I think he would really have to stand out to put Bouillon and/or Murray in pressbox?

14 players cut:

Forwards Martin Reway (Gatineau – QMJHL) and Charles Hudon (Chicoutimi – QMJHL), and goaltender Zachary Fucale (Halifax – QMJHL) have been returned to their respective junior teams. Ten players have been assigned to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs: forwards Joonas Nattinen, Stephen MacAulay, Stefan Fournier, Sven Andrighetto,Louis Leblanc and Erik Nyström, goaltender Robert Mayer and defencemen Morgan Ellis, Darren Dietz andDalton Thrower. Defenceman Matt Lashoff will also be invited to report to the Bulldogs training camp.

Louis Leblanc? Really? Apparently it isn't just the Hamilton coaching staff that wants to with his head.

And it looks like Thrower will have to earn a contract at Hamilton camp.

The Leblanc cut bothers me since he was playing quite well.

I guess Thomas must be getting the nod as a possible Gionta fill-in?

Thomas is coming off a good year in AHL, seems more offensive than Leblanc.

Leblanc may need to battle Dumont moreso, who also looked good yesterday.

Guest Stogey24

Thomas has a quality wrister. Quick and hard release. Its really the only thing that stood out to me though.

I must have hater blinders on when it comes to Dumont because I never see him looking good, aside from faceoff ability. I thought Leblanc was the best prospect against Boston and Bournival was the best against Buffalo.

I must have hater blinders on when it comes to Dumont because I never see him looking good, aside from faceoff ability. I thought Leblanc was the best prospect against Boston and Bournival was the best against Buffalo.

MB traded for Thomas, so he will get a long look. Won't look good if Kristo makes it and is Thomas doesn't.

I agree on Bournival and Leblanc in those 2 games.

And I am a bit biased and simply like Dumont's effort, grit and is almost too bad the bottom six is already packed.

Thomas is younger, he was always the longer term prospect.

Also I really believe part of the trade was due to his off ice issues. We all know Montreal's zero tolerance in this regard.

Also I really believe part of the trade was due to his off ice issues. We all know Montreal's zero tolerance in this regard.

I'm not so sure about that. Nathan Beaulieu seems to have a pass on "off ice issues". When it's convienent we say, he was traded because he has no character, and if Beaulieu doesn't work out by next year and we trade him then, I'm sure it will come back to "off ice issues". If the club really takes that type of stance then Beaulieu should have been moved by now.

I think Montreal just finally gave up on Kristo, if he works out, then it will have been a mistake. I don't think it's accurate to say that he was moved because of anything other than the powers that be decided he wasn't going to make it. It's just a cop out to say anything else.

I think Montreal just finally gave up on Kristo, if he works out, then it will have been a mistake. I don't think it's accurate to say that he was moved because of anything other than the powers that be decided he wasn't going to make it. It's just a cop out to say anything else.

People should just not be too quick to pull the "made it" trigger. They did that with Sergei Kostitsyn who also had a lot of character issues. Kostitsyn played well in Nashville but was also a headcase and eventually found himself "invited to find a place in the KHL" by Dan Poile. Character issues are a real thing for a locker room and you have to have some elite skill to force the rest of the locker to accept it.

Prust is playing on Plekanec and Bourque's wing in practice, suggesting even if a prospect is making the roster out of camp it won't be in a top 6 role.

In that sense, I expect Bournival will get the cup of coffee to start the season (in place of Gionta and/or Parros).

Full lines from practice today:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere

Bourque - Plekanec - Prust
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - White - Blunden
Bournival - St-Pierre - Gionta

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Diaz
Tinordi - Bouillon
Drewiske - Pateryn

It's interesting that Thomas, who was getting all of the early looks, is no longer on the 'A' team (the above players).

As the waiver period officially opened today, Mayer has been placed on waivers. One can only hope he gets claimed...(although that's wishful thinking).

there were a few minutes the other night I thought he looked pretty good. And the penalties started and it all went south

there were a few minutes the other night I thought he looked pretty good. And the penalties started and it all went south

That's normal for him - he's good for a few really decent saves each game. The problem is that it's often followed up by a deflating goal or two.

Roster for Friday's game against Carolina:

30 – BUDAJ
35 – TOKARSKI

24 – TINORDI
26 – GORGES
36 – NYGREN
64 – PATERYN
76 – SUBBAN
84 – DIETZ

8 – PRUST
25 – McCARRON
27 – GALCHENYUK
37 – DUMONT
38 – COLLBERG
45 – BLUNDEN
49 – BOURNIVAL
51 – DESHARNAIS
60 – THOMAS
67 – PACIORETTY
72 – TARNASKY
82 – HOLLAND

Interesting about this? No Briere with Pacioretty and Desharnais, and Galchenyuk is probably playing centre.