2013 Prospect Rankings

dlbalr

It's that time of year again (actually a little later than usual), time for our annual prospect rankings. As we've done the last few seasons, the top-10 have been voted on by all of our writers while I ranked 11 through 38.

The Rankings:

(The brackets show the change in ranking from last year)

11 - Lehkonen (N/A)

12 - Dietz (+2)

13 - Bournival (-5)

14 - Bennett (-4)

15 - Nygren (+15)

16 - Pateryn (+13)

17 - Ellis (-8)

18 - Holland (-6)

19 - Andrighetto (N/A)

20 - Thrower (-9)

21 - Dumont (even)

22 - Didier (+3)

23 - Vail (-6)

24 - MacMillan (-4)

25 - Reway (N/A)

26 - Tokarski (N/A)

27 - Crisp (N/A)

28 - Gregoire (N/A)

29 - Nattinen (-13)

30 - Fournier (N/A)

31 - Nystrom (+1)

32 - Condon (N/A)

33 - Mayer (+2)

34 - Quailer (-15)

35 - Sullivan (-1)

36 - Delmas (-5)

37 - Cichy (+1)

38 - Trunev (-2)

Links:

11-15

16-20

21-25

26-30

31-38

Fan Vote

What are your thoughts on the rankings? Who should be at the top? Who's too high, too low?

• 2 weeks later...

We've now gone up to #16 in our rankings and we've yet to see this the biggest riser (Quailer was the biggest faller). Any predictions on who the top riser is...or who the top prospect will be?

Also, the ballot to vote for your top-10 prospects is now available. Make your picks and if you'd like, add your comments/rationale here or on the ballot: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3208

• 3 weeks later...

Good exercise, I don't think I had McCarron nor Leblanc in top 10 and don't see Beaulieu as #1, but he may end up being very good player.

It's fair to say that Beaulieu has the highest ceiling out of anyone in our Top 10. Doesn't mean he'll get there but at least we're not rushing him. If you want to see what rushing a D looks like, take a look at Cam Fowler in Anaheim.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, where was Bournival ranked prior to this year?

8th. The voting was done prior to the start of the season, I don't think anyone thought he was going to make the team let alone play a big role this early.

8th. The voting was done prior to the start of the season, I don't think anyone thought he was going to make the team let alone play a big role this early.

Yeah it came out of nowhere. Just goes to show that after the quasi-sure-things like Beaulieu and Tinordi, it's hard to know much about the potential of a prospect.

Yeah it came out of nowhere. Just goes to show that after the quasi-sure-things like Beaulieu and Tinordi, it's hard to know much about the potential of a prospect.

He was on a few ballots, just towards the back part of the rankings (7th, 8th, 9th, 10th). I think most writers acknowledged he has NHL potential but that it's lower line which is what put him at that spot.