Hurricanes vs Habs, Sept. 21, 7 PM

dlbalr

If Tinordi can keep up this physical pace and continue to improve his defensive game, I would imagine he's pretty much a top-6 lock for this year. Throw Emelin and Tinordi out together and watch bodies fly. Will make any team think twice about trying to carry the puck in.

Guest Stogey24

If Tinordi can keep up this physical pace and continue to improve his defensive game, I would imagine he's pretty much a top-6 lock for this year. Throw Emelin and Tinordi out together and watch bodies fly. Will make any team think twice about trying to carry the puck in.

You have to think Tinordi is going to be playing in Montreal this year. If he keeps throwing the body like he has been while playing a decent defensive game; he will be up.

Guest Stogey24

There's no way he's not.

-Bulk up, check.

-Work on positioning, check.

-Play more physically, check.

Tinordi has done everything that's been asked of him, he deserves a spot as the number 5 defenseman.

Yup, his patience with the puck seems better too.

I see either way, Hamilton or Montreal being fine for his developement anyway. He won't be asked to carry the team with montreal. I trust Therrien's abilities with the young guys very strongly. Tinordi seems to have a strong head on his shoulders anyway. Looking forward to seeing him up.

There's no way he's not.

-Bulk up, check.

-Work on positioning, check.

-Play more physically, check.

Tinordi has done everything that's been asked of him, he deserves a spot as the number 5 defenseman.

- Develop more poise and leadership on defense

Best done in Hamilton. But is that worth holding him down for?

I'd like to see him held down for more than that reason. Those would be:

- Increased aggressiveness and physical play (what we saw last night was the exception, not his normal play)

- Work on the transition game, not just up the glass and out every time.

- Offensive improvement - I'm not saying turn him into a top scorer but him being better with the puck would really pay dividends in the NHL.

- More minutes. He'll be a 15 minute a game player with the Habs, he'll be 25 per in Hamilton.

These are all areas he'd be best suited playing with the Bulldogs. If he got time to work on those areas, he'd be more qualified to play heavier minutes when injuries arise (resulting in him being called up).

• Upvote 1

It will not hurt his development to spend a couple more months in AHL. But when he is putting big NHLers on their ass in pre-season, it has to be very tempting to pencil him in for next Tuesday vs Leafs.

Maybe the majority are correct and he simply can learn fine playing sheltered 3rd pairing minutes in NHL and also his presence will add much needed grit in front of Price and for all the post-whistle crap?