Devils vs Habs, Sept. 23, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

It's the battle of the Gionta's, less at least one Gionta, at the Bell Centre tonight as New Jersey takes on the Habs.

extralarge.png

Lines/pairings are my guess.

Zubrus - Henrique - Ryder
Olesz - Josefson - Bernier
Matteau - Gionta - Barch
Sislo - Sestito - Pelley

Greene - Larsson
Gelinas - Fayne
Urbom - Burlon

Brodeur

Wedgewood

extralarge.png

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere

Bourque - Plekanec - Prust

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher

Moen - Bournival - White

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Diaz

Bouillon - Tinordi

Price

Budaj

Puck drop is at 7:30 on RDS, TSN 690 on the radio.

I really can't see Murray playing. The one preseason game I've watched him play was brutal, he just can't skate at all. Tinordi, however, looked amazing last game vs canes. Pateryn screwed up several times that game, so he's pretty much out of the (nhl) picture for now. I can't see Tinordi being cut until Emelin is ready to return.

I really can't see Murray playing. The one preseason game I've watched him play was brutal, he just can't skate at all. Tinordi, however, looked amazing last game vs canes. Pateryn screwed up several times that game, so he's pretty much out of the (nhl) picture for now. I can't see Tinordi being cut until Emelin is ready to return.

They didn't pay him $1.5 M to not play. He's in the top-6 and will play when healthy, Therrien already confirmed this.

Anyone else concerned that Prust keeps fighting minor leaguers? He's coming off shoulder issues, don't waste your time scrapping with AHL quality d-men.

Just said the same thing to a coworker.

AHL fodder, 6'4, 215 pounds...

Prust... stahp.

Not much of an effort from the Habs v an expansion quality team. They need to get more of a cycle game going. I know one thing about this season already, if Diaz and Markov are going to be a pairing, they have to be out there with Plekanec or Eller as a center, and this is going to impact their offense. Those two couldn't win a puck battle in the corner if their mother needed an operation. They're toast if they're stuck in the zone with Desharnais. Like what I see of Tinordi so far, there's a lot of mileage in the argument that he could use more seasoning, he could only improve by playing major minutes in Hamilton, but from what i've seen, he's the second best defenseman we have with Emelin injured. Beauty of a play to steal the puck, granted, he put himself out of position...

Bournival looks good, cant believe with his luck lately that he didn't score on breakaway.

Subban with nice pass and backhand by Pacioretty. Both these guys seem very ready for regular season

They didn't pay him $1.5 M to not play. He's in the top-6 and will play when healthy, Therrien already confirmed this.

I'm saying he's garbage, we'll be eaten alive when he's out there. Therrien will change his mind after a game or 2 with that sloth out there.