Sept. 25, Habs vs Senators, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

For the first (and only) time this preseason, the Habs actually have to leave the province for a road game. They travel to their next closest destination, Ottawa, to kick off a home-and-home with the Sens.

extralarge.png

Gallagher - Eller - Galchenyuk
Moen - Bournival - White
Holland - St-Pierre - Thomas
Tarnasky - Dumont - Blunden

Tinordi - Dietz
Beaulieu - Diaz
Nygren - Pateryn

Budaj

Price

extralarge.png

Michalek - Da Costa - Ryan

MacArthur - Turris - Conacher

Greening - Zibanejad - Condra

Kassian - Pageau - Neil

Methot - Karlsson

Phillips - Corvo

Claesson - Wiercioch

Hammond

Lawson

Puck drop is at 7:30 on RDS, TSN 690 on the radio.

Now this is a fun lineup.

Why is Dumont on the fourth? Then again, why is Pageau on the fourth for Ottawa? Odd.

Why wouldn't Dumont be on the 4th? Obviously he's behind Eller, Bournival has out-performed him in camp, and there's no way St-Pierre, a finesse offensive player, is going to be a better fit with Tarnasky and Blunden.

As for why Pageau's there? They have to decide on what to do with Da Costa (he's eligible for waivers) so he needs the extra playing time I guess and Pageau is obviously behind Turris/Zibanejad.

I'd like to see Gallagher, Eller and Galchenyuk get going. Maybe Prust fits better on that line than Gallagher.

This looks like it's almost Ottawa's opening night roster, so it probably won't be too pretty.

Hopefully some of that gets balanced by the fact Ottawa is starting their #3 goalie (who was Hamilton's starter a couple years ago).

I'd like to see Gallagher, Eller and Galchenyuk get going. Maybe Prust fits better on that line than Gallagher.

This looks like it's almost Ottawa's opening night roster, so it probably won't be too pretty.

I have the same feeling. Let's hope that the youngsters will prove us wrong.

I think Price should play, i think he needs to see the puck more before season starts. Looking forward to see what Beaulieu looks like this year, since Tinordi has really shown up at training camp.

I think Price should play, i think he needs to see the puck more before season starts. Looking forward to see what Beaulieu looks like this year, since Tinordi has really shown up at training camp.

He'll play tomorrow. There's not much of a need to play him back-to-back at this point since they don't actually have a back-to-back until they go out West.

thats a very green defence we are putting out there, I wouldn't wager much on the results being all that positive tonight.

It's a good test for sure. They probably won't get that chance tomorrow as I suspect the Sens will ice their 'B' team as the Habs are tonight (Ottawa has a splitsquad set of games still to go so they've got a ton of guys still in camp).

"Terry-yay" "Noogren" "Bowl-yuh." These Rogers announcers are chumps.

Marc Denis was pronouncing Nygren as "Noogren" not that long ago. The PA announcer had a good one for Pateryn, "Pa-Turn". Not a bad period overall for the Habs, I'd like to see Beaulieu recognize that there are four other teammates on the ice with him, he has tunnel vision so far.

Moen with the win, White takes a draw...

Tomorrow's gonna be greaaaaat.

I like how in the White-Neil fight their punches started with their fists already touching each other's face.

White did all he could against Neil: hang on and hope Neil doesn't get loose.