Sept. 25, Habs vs Senators, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

By a country mile, the player i'm least impressed with this preseason is Christian Thomas

The only flash of greatness we've seen this pre-season was a one-timer that hit the post.

He's played with players too good to have done nothing... and yet there he is.

The only flash of greatness we've seen this pre-season was a one-timer that hit the post.

He's played with players too good to have done nothing... and yet there he is.

I don't know how a team trades for a guy like this?!?!?!

I can't help but think that the Eller line, like the Cole/Pac/Desh line used up it's cache last year, they aren't generating anything,

Just tuned in... based on the last 5 minutes, how is it not already 5-1? Were they doing better before?

I thought the Habs outplayed them in the 1st. Suffice it to say that was not the case in the 2nd. I feel for Dietz, I've been impressed with him in camp but he's out of his league trying to cover Ryan/Michalek.

I don't know how a team trades for a guy like this?!?!?!

He has completed one pro season. It's not as if Thomas is in the prime in his career and playing like this. He's also a natural goal scorer and as we saw with Ryder, those players sometimes have a knack for going quiet if they're not scoring. That's not to say he has done well, he hasn't. But all is not lost with him. I think playing with a premier AHL'er in St-Pierre regularly will help take his offensive game up a notch.

• Upvote 1

With the Habs likely playing their 'A team' tomorrow, this is it for a lot of the prospects. I think the one with the most to prove in this final period is Dumont. He has been quiet all camp and is again tonight. With Bournival knocking on the door (and Holland has had a decent camp too), he needs to step up. Otherwise, we may see his name on waivers in the coming days.

Man, quiet in here tonight. It hasn't been this quiet since game 77 of the Cunneyworth year.

It should be quiet. They may as well be playing tiddlywinks for all the meaning this game has. I can understand watching preseason hockey as an exercise in learning more about prospects in the system, and maybe getting a first look at a new acquisition or whatever. But what I can't understand is the increasing phenomenon of fans actually taking them seriously as games, getting upset about the results, etc., etc.. Geez, I remember a time when broadcasters wouldn't even show preseason hockey. That was a more accurate assessment of its importance than what we've got now.

• Upvote 1

It should be quiet. They may as well be playing tiddlywinks for all the meaning this game has. I can understand watching preseason hockey as an exercise in learning more about prospects in the system, and maybe getting a first look at a new acquisition or whatever. But what I can't understand is the increasing phenomenon of fans actually taking them seriously as games, getting upset about the results, etc., etc.. Geez, I remember a time when broadcasters wouldn't even show preseason hockey. That was a more accurate assessment of its importance than what we've got now.

It's hilarious.

I used to put stock in pre season games when I was about 7.

But since then I've always just treated it as a good time to watch prospects.

I find it quite enjoyable to watch the Habs and not really care if they win or lose or even play well for that matter.

Eller kept on falling down, and when he wasn't in the box he lost 80% of his faceoffs. And no shots for the Gally's when they're on our top line? Good thing it doesn't matter. Pierre seemed to take the attitude that he was announcing his grandson's teeball game.

Guest Stogey24

Eller kept on falling down, and when he wasn't in the box he lost 80% of his faceoffs. And no shots for the Gally's when they're on our top line? Good thing it doesn't matter. Pierre seemed to take the attitude that he was announcing his grandson's teeball game.

I watched Eller closely too. I can honestly see part of the reason he got derailed last year. He has his head down an awful lot.

Eller kept on falling down, and when he wasn't in the box he lost 80% of his faceoffs. And no shots for the Gally's when they're on our top line? Good thing it doesn't matter.

I can't argue Eller falling or losing face offs, but the "top line" wasn't actually used that much. Galchenyuk only played about 16:00 minutes, same for Eller I think. And I imagine with the lineup Montreal iced last night, that line was often subject to Otawa's top defensive pairings. It will take time for this line to develope before they can handle that, and over the regular season they should see easier competition, resulting in better play. Just my thought anyway.

Edited by Meller93

Kids on the back end took a beating, Tinordi with turnovers, Dietz looking lost and doing imitation of pylon, Beaulieu still bouncing off smaller NHLers and needs to go back to gym.

Nygren, Pateryn did OK, nice shot by Nygren.

Disappointed in Dumont, on to waivers for him I guess.

Bournival stills looks fine and ready to jump Leblanc in depth chart, but Leblanc did look good in his 1 game and maybe he will light it up in Hamilton?

Bournival stills looks fine and ready to jump Leblanc in depth chart, but Leblanc did look good in his 1 game and maybe he will light it up in Hamilton?

Bournival is beyond Leblanc due to the early cut. It's about whether our fourth line will look better with him or not. I'd say he's now competing with Ryan White for the fourth line center position.

Guest Stogey24

Bournival is beyond Leblanc due to the early cut. It's about whether our fourth line will look better with him or not. I'd say he's now competing with Ryan White for the fourth line center position.

I can't see him staying up. White has had a pretty good pre season too.

Apparently Moen had a heart-to-heart with MB after last season, admitted he'd been a disappointment, and has shown up to camp several pounds lighter.

I'm pretty sure they'll give him a chance to bounce back.