Oct. 1, Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Well, who is knee deep in the empties? Typical first game for Montreal - typical early season. A few long-term injuries, another potential loss. Looking like the hockey gods are loving us as usual.

It's getting strange, the amount of scary injuries on Bell Center ice. 4-2, game over. Makes me want to tone down the torch stuff.

No kidding. Habs play like shit every time they do a big ceremony.

Cant understand why Gionta and Desharnais is on the ice all the time but the only line that actually produces anything hardly plays at all.

They are both useless...it sickens me. How Therien can't see that they are bums that kill their respective lines is beyond me.

Price is really inconsistent tonight. Shame. Hopefully another few weeks working with the new coach and getting into a rhythm will put him in stride.

I'm really unhappy with Diaz. He's garbage. Rather see Beaulieu learning in there.

And Eller just scored. Are we witnessing the beginning of something special? That muscle he put on is making a difference...

I really enjoyed Bettman's Army allowing Phaneuf do do what he wanted late in the game. He was tackling guys, holding guys, punching guys. Great stuff!

Time to trade DD.

I'd love to see DD and Gionta gone.

Leafs win last 4 home openers in Montreal. It's getting old. I'm done with the torches. Try something different.

I'm all for scrapping the ceremony and the staff/player intros...just sing the anthem and drop the puck.