Luke Schenn - Mark Streit
Braydon Coburn - Kimmo Timonen
Nicklas Grossman - Andrej Meszaros

Ray Emery
Steve Mason

Team Leaders
G B. Schenn (1)
A V. Lecavalier, M. Streit (1)
PTS B. Schenn, V. Lecavalier, M. Streit (1)
+/- C. Giroux & 7 others (0)
PIMS Brayden Schenn (5)
Injuries: C. Pronger, M-A. Bourdon
Scratches: H. Gill

Montreal Canadiens (0-1-0)

Projected Lineup

extralarge.png

Brandon Prust - David Desharnais - Daniel Briere
Rene Bourque - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher
Travis Moen - Michael Bournival - Ryan White

Josh Gorges - P.K. Subban
Andrei Markov - Raphael Diaz
Francis Bouillon - Jarred Tinordi

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

Team Leaders
G L. Eller (2)
A A. Galchenyuk (2)
PTS L. Eller (3)
+/- A. Galchenyuk, L. Eller (+2)
PIMS George Parros (20)
Injuries: Davis Drewiske, Alexei Emelin, Douglas Murray, Max Pacioretty, George Parros
Scratches: Nathan Beaulieu

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

I thought Pacioretty's comments on how the Habs got away from "their" game in the name of toughness were perceptive.

The added toughness (most of which is absent tonight) isn't supposed to transmute us into a team that goes out looking for trouble. It's supposed to give us enough robustness to allow us to play our game, which is speed, forechecking, and rolling three lines that can score. Last season, when we played that game, we won most of the time. In fact, the entire "smurf" era has had this characteristic, that when the Habs go out and play their game hard, refusing to be intimidated, they generally do well...typically only losing when they just get overpowered around the nets.

Tonight is an opportunity to get back to playing "our" game. That said, I'm not optimistic, because our D still stinks, and Patches is a big loss.

For anyone who likes the CBC Hotstove (like me), note that they're moving it to the pregame show; adjust your viewing habits or set your PVR accordingly.

why the heck are they doing that? Is the old curmudgeon going to have 2 shows? or is this some way to get PJ (I am an idiot) Stock on more?

why the heck are they doing that? Is the old curmudgeon going to have 2 shows? or is this some way to get PJ (I am an idiot) Stock on more?

I think it's for the US viewers. I'm thinking NHL Network down there shows the CBC pregame, moving the Hotstove to earlier means those viewers can see it as well.

So is Therrien going to give Desharnais the next best winger with Patches out?

Maybe Briere should play with Pleks, who can make up for some of defensive deficiencies.

TSN saying Bournival is gonna draw in in Pacioretty's (Wolvie, we should get that going again) spot. Projected lines listed up top say it's Prust. Personally I like the idea of Bournival playing in Wolvie's spot, gives the kid a chance to shine offensively. At least give him a couple of shifts with DD and Briere.

Emery gets the start for Philly after Mason got the opener.

Milestone news: It's Game 600 for Plekanec in a Montreal uniform, Game 400 for Gorges.

Cool, nice milestones and congrats to both !

Bourque with 2 goals tonight. 4-2 win !

TSN saying Bournival is gonna draw in in Pacioretty's (Wolvie, we should get that going again) spot. Projected lines listed up top say it's Prust. Personally I like the idea of Bournival playing in Wolvie's spot, gives the kid a chance to shine offensively. At least give him a couple of shifts with DD and Briere.

They're wrong. Prust is in that spot, Bournival centres line 4.

I thought Pacioretty's comments on how the Habs got away from "their" game in the name of toughness were perceptive.

The added toughness (most of which is absent tonight) isn't supposed to transmute us into a team that goes out looking for trouble. It's supposed to give us enough robustness to allow us to play our game, which is speed, forechecking, and rolling three lines that can score. Last season, when we played that game, we won most of the time. In fact, the entire "smurf" era has had this characteristic, that when the Habs go out and play their game hard, refusing to be intimidated, they generally do well...typically only losing when they just get overpowered around the nets.

Tonight is an opportunity to get back to playing "our" game. That said, I'm not optimistic, because our D still stinks, and Patches is a big loss.

Well said, although stinks is a little strong of a word,,,

I don't think it will be a trend. I understand them wanting to make a show off the get go before settling into their successful style. Just to show they aren't being pushed off their game this season.

Sitting with my boy watching at least the first period with him. I love hockey so much more with him around.

THIS is what it's all about!

Oh, and when HNIC started, I went to my iTunes and played the REAL theme song. Explained that THAT'S the way it's supposed to be.

Go Habs Go.

Horrible PP's.

Also never understand why the team on the PP does not give the puck to the other team right away when another penalty is about to be called.

( extending the 5 on 3)