2013-14 General Bulldogs Thread

dlbalr

wrist injuries seem be one pain in ass to heal properly, hopefully nothing too major?

Hamilton could use Thomas's offense and will be very interesting to see how he does, or more how NHL ready he is?

I think they will likely look for an ECHL or CHL team that wants a loaned goalie,.

That seems like the most likely outcome - they've already tried it once with Orlando. This early in the year though, it may take a while (until injuries/recalls get going).

Blunden was sent down this morning, St. Pierre called up a few minutes ago. I get the Blunden demotion (no longer an e-recall situation) but St. Pierre puzzles me. I think I've put more effort into the cap sheet this year than any other with all of these callups.

Blunden was sent down this morning, St. Pierre called up a few minutes ago. I get the Blunden demotion (no longer an e-recall situation) but St. Pierre puzzles me. I think I've put more effort into the cap sheet this year than any other with all of these callups.

I think they might sit DD based on St. Pierre being a similar player and the comments about DD after last game.

Pateryn was sent down today. I suspect it's a one-and-done situation for him and that he'll be recalled back to Montreal following tonight's game.

Watch for him to be recalled after 5 PM today. He was told he'll be heading back to the big club for tomorrow's game.

Why all the changes on the forwards?

Is there something that would prevent us from recalling Leblanc again (he played well) cause we just sent him down.

I can't think of anything, and the fact that Pateryn yo-yo'd tells me no, but its strange IMO.

There's nothing precluding a Leblanc recall (unless he got hurt). I know there's guaranteed NHL money in Dumont's deal ($50,000 per year) in excess of his AHL salary, I guess they're burning off some of it now. I also think they may be doing some evaluations; I wonder if Thomas will get his chance soon enough if he's somewhat close to coming back as well.

There's nothing precluding a Leblanc recall (unless he got hurt). I know there's guaranteed NHL money in Dumont's deal ($50,000 per year) in excess of his AHL salary, I guess they're burning off some of it now. I also think they may be doing some evaluations; I wonder if Thomas will get his chance soon enough if he's somewhat close to coming back as well.

Would Dumont be any value in a trade package? Or simply will replace Parros on 4th line I assume (Parros should be a healthy scratch more often than not)?

Would Dumont be any value in a trade package? Or simply will replace Parros on 4th line I assume (Parros should be a healthy scratch more often than not)?

He cleared waivers and is off to a poor start with Hamilton. I don't think he has any value at the moment short of matching contracts. I do think he'll replace Parros in the lineup tomorrow though.

Aliu released from his PTO about an hr ago. Sorry as I thought he showed some early season hustle

Aliu released from his PTO about an hr ago. Sorry as I thought he showed some early season hustle

I have to think this was for off-ice related reasons or he found permanent employment overseas. Thomas should be back soon, I suspect when he's ready, he'll take Aliu's spot in the lineup; short-term, Quailer may get a bit of action.

Two tidbits of news today:

- Tarnasky, Hamilton's tough guy that isn't fighting, finally fought today for the first time in quite some time. The problem? He fought an injured Dietz in practice.

- Stephen MacAulay was recalled from Wheeling, a tad surprising given that he has yet to do much of anything down there. I wonder if Duffy or Fournier may be sent down to get some more consistent playing time.

There's an article on the Habs' site about the Bulldogs, here is an interesting tidbit on the goaltending:

“We knew from the start that we had two potential number one goalies. We made sure that both of them are getting icetime, and to see if one of them stands out more than the other,” explained Lefebvre.

Well, we knew there was one potential number one goalie in Tokarski...the only other one who potentially could play to the level of a number one was Condon and he was one of the first cuts. Both of them have got near equal ice time, here's what they have to show for it.

Up to now, Tokarski has put up a 5-3-1 record in nine starts, with a 92.0% save percentage and a 2.28 goals against average, good for 11th among all AHL netminders. Meanwhile, Mayer, a veteran of five seasons with the Bulldogs, is 1-4-2 with a 89.1% save percentage and a 3.39 goals against average.

When you're a five year pro veteran on an AHL team with mediocre career numbers, shouldn't that say something along the lines of perhaps he's not a number one goalie? Tokarski's numbers are strong and he has continued his strong play from last season.

“Both goaltenders are doing good things,” concluded Lefebvre, who can now count on a full lineup with the return of winger Christian Thomas, who has been on duty for the past two games.

Uh...did he miss this part?

Meanwhile, Mayer, a veteran of five seasons with the Bulldogs, is 1-4-2 with a 89.1% save percentage and a 3.39 goals against average.

How could a goalie who has fewer wins than times pulled that ranks 40th (out of 44) in GAA and tied for 39th in SV% possibly be "doing good things"? Does he think the higher the GAA and the lower the SV%, the better?

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=692053