2013-14 General Bulldogs Thread

dlbalr

Erik Nystrom is leaving the Bulldogs to sign with Zagreb of the KHL. His ATO was going to be up in a couple of weeks. Montreal retains his rights through to June 1st.

So can chalk up a late round swing and miss @154th for Timmins.

So can chalk up a late round swing and miss @154th for Timmins.

Not necessarily. Nystrom's contract (PTO) was up in a couple of weeks and no Swedish team has his rights. He may have just jumped at the chance to get a guaranteed contract for the rest of the season, I certainly wouldn't blame him for that.

This is rather odd. Hamilton's defence corps on the best of days is an injury away from throwing in three guys on minor league deals as a result of this. It is just for the rest of the season so he should be back with the Bulldogs next year. Hopefully they pick up another blueliner now, I'm sure Montreal's defence corps won't stay healthy for long.

That's too bad about Nygren. He complained about the poverty and crime where he was living. Maybe he'll have a different mindset in future seasons, but it's hard to have very high hopes at this point.

Hamilton being a craphole could have some downsides for our AHL affiliate.

Meh, its an excuse.

He can see the writing on the wall.... He's fourth on the bulldogs as far as being a defence prospect goes (behind Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn) he's good offensively but bad defensively.

He gets way more money in the SEL than the 70K he gets in the AHL.

He gave it a shot, saw it was going nowhere and he was a long shot to make the NHL full-time and bailed.

Oh well, no biggie.

crime around where he lived was the usual five pan handlers you see outside the Copps every game. I agree with Commandant.(ps- Lot more crime in Montreal than Hamilton per capita. Starts there with the politicians)

What ****ing Bullshit... .the guy says to a Swedish Newspaper that he had to live in a crappy area full of crime, and that he never had enough money to go out with his teammates.

He makes 70K per year, plus his team gives him per diems too. Also got 180K from the Habs this summer as a signing bonus.

And he can't find a place in the good areas of Hamilton (ie Westdale or the Mountain or Ancaster) and he doesn't have money to go out with teammates? BULL ****ING SHIT.

He's a ing liar.... there is no reason he shouldn't have enough money to go out with his teammates. NONE.

------
This was all about the fact he could make more in the SEL... 100%. Not about how bad Hamilton is and his lack of money there. Its all a gross exaggeration.

What ****ing Bullshit... .the guy says to a Swedish Newspaper that he had to live in a crappy area full of crime, and that he never had enough money to go out with his teammates.

He makes 70K per year, plus his team gives him per diems too. Also got 180K from the Habs this summer as a signing bonus.

And he can't find a place in the good areas of Hamilton (ie Westdale or the Mountain or Ancaster) and he doesn't have money to go out with teammates? BULL ****ING SHIT.

He's a ######ing liar.... there is no reason he shouldn't have enough money to go out with his teammates. NONE.

------

This was all about the fact he could make more in the SEL... 100%. Not about how bad Hamilton is and his lack of money there. Its all a gross exaggeration.

Cant find any information about your post in the biggest Swedish newspapers. Can u at least confirm these accusations with a link?

Cant find any information about your post in the biggest Swedish newspapers. Can u at least confirm these accusations with a link?

Have you seen (heard of) any of Collberg/de la Rose's play lately? Both are locks for Swedish world junior team eh?

I don't recall which specific one but I recall reading something like this a few weeks ago via a translation. Some of the stuff from there was referenced in La Presse, here's the link for it: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201311/27/01-4715250-malheureux-a-hamilton-nygren-retourne-en-suede.php

Edit: I think this is the link from Sweden: http://www.vf.se/sport/ishockey/nygren-om-tillvaron-i-ahl-och-hamilton

Jordan Owens, who attended training camp with Hamilton, has signed a 25 game PTO. He has 17 points in 17 games with South Carolina of the ECHL. Ben Duffy, who has struggled to get in the lineup recently, has been sent to Wheeling.

Guest Stogey24

He's a ######ing liar.... there is no reason he shouldn't have enough money to go out with his teammates. NONE.

------

This move has to make M.B question having Nygren around next year. Gutless move. Is this kid considered a character player...?

This move has to make M.B question having Nygren around next year. Gutless move. Is this kid considered a character player...?

Had Bergevin questioned whether or not they wanted to have him back next year (or if Nygren said he's done for good with Hamilton), I suspect they would have run him through termination waivers. They've done so already twice with similar prospects so it's not unfathomable to think they'd do it again. Nygren wasn't getting an NHL shot this year since he was behind Tinordi, Beaulieu, and Pateryn. Next year, at least one of those players will be up full time so he'll have a better shot then. I'm not happy either that he left but I'm pretty sure he'll be back with Hamilton to start next season.

I don't recall which specific one but I recall reading something like this a few weeks ago via a translation. Some of the stuff from there was referenced in La Presse, here's the link for it: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201311/27/01-4715250-malheureux-a-hamilton-nygren-retourne-en-suede.php

Edit: I think this is the link from Sweden: http://www.vf.se/sport/ishockey/nygren-om-tillvaron-i-ahl-och-hamilton

Still nothing about him whining about not getting enough money so what Commandant said is still uncalled for in my opinion.

Have you seen (heard of) any of Collberg/de la Rose's play lately? Both are locks for Swedish world junior team eh?

Haven't heard alot at all about Collberg lately and I don't watch many of his teams games either. De La Rose is playing mostly on the 3rd-line with a defensive role and some PK time. I'd say he is doing this well and he is having a good year. Seven points so far which isnt really bad concidering the team is one of the lower scoring teams in the league.