2013-14 General Bulldogs Thread

dlbalr

There is an average of 9 homicides per year in Hamilton, a city of 600,000 people.

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/NR/rdonlyres/7AF2216E-6F34-431A-B2DB-1D3FBD1A9FD0/0/CrimeStatisticsinHamilton.pdf

Nygren must be pretty unlucky to live on the same block as two of them in just 2 months....

In the actual swedish interview he said they were recommended not to go out at night and order roomservice at the hotel instead. Nothing at all about not being able to afford dinner. And I get it the same way when I use google translator on the link you posted so still nothing about him whining about not getting enough money.

Not ONCE in that interview did he say that sentence that you just wrote btw.

Here is more info on Hamilton homicides.

There have been 11 this year. 3 since september.

None of them are a 12 year old boy being stabbed to death. NONE.

Here is the only shooting... at an apartment on hess street.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/mississauga-man-21-victim-of-hamilton-shooting-police-1.1854841

An october murder was blunt force trauma in Hamilton's east end (pretty far from hess street, like at least a 20 minute drive)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/east-hamilton-homicide-victim-identified-as-a-sex-worker-1.2433182

Here is the september murder which happened on Barton Street, near General Hospital (a good 5-10 drive from hess)

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4166994-run-down-cyclist-is-hamilton-s-10th-homicide/

None of these happened in the same area, and none of them fit his description of a "12 year old was stabbed to death at the corner near my hotel" while the first one of the three does vaguely come close to "there was a guy shot to death on my block too"

There are zero.... none.... zip... zilch... media reports about murdered 12 year olds. A story that would get huge attention in Hamilton, again a city with about 1 murder per month this year on average (and that is way up from the average of 9 per year).

So the guy is a liar.

Here is more info on Hamilton homicides.

There have been 11 this year. 3 since september.

None of them are a 12 year old boy being stabbed to death. NONE.

Here is the only shooting... at an apartment on hess street.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/mississauga-man-21-victim-of-hamilton-shooting-police-1.1854841

An october murder was blunt force trauma in Hamilton's east end (pretty far from hess street, like at least a 20 minute drive)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/east-hamilton-homicide-victim-identified-as-a-sex-worker-1.2433182

Here is the september murder which happened on Barton Street, near General Hospital (a good 5-10 drive from hess)

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4166994-run-down-cyclist-is-hamilton-s-10th-homicide/

None of these happened in the same area, and none of them fit his description of a "12 year old was stabbed to death at the corner near my hotel" while the first one of the three does vaguely come close to "there was a guy shot to death on my block too"

There are zero.... none.... zip... zilch... media reports about murdered 12 year olds. A story that would get huge attention in Hamilton, again a city with about 1 murder per month this year on average (and that is way up from the average of 9 per year).

So the guy is a liar.

You too appearently since you have still not posted any proof of him whining about not having enough money to eat dinner.

In the actual swedish interview he said they were recommended not to go out at night and order roomservice at the hotel instead. Nothing at all about not being able to afford dinner. And I get it the same way when I use google translator on the link you posted so still nothing about him whining about not getting enough money.

Not ONCE in that interview did he say that sentence that you just wrote btw.

Maybe I misread this line.... "Ça ne donne pas envie de sortir pour aller souper."

Which I thought said, I couldn't go out for Dinner.

Still... that seems odd to me. The team recommends the players don't go out for dinner? Come On. This is Hamilton... Canada... its not that bad.

Like I said... Less than 1 murder per moth. How many Swedes play for Detroit? Where there is more than 1 murder per day.

And the guy is a liar... there was no 12 year old stabbed to death at the corner of his hotel.... didn't ######ing happen. No news of this whatsoever.

You wanna leave the bulldogs and go home to make more money? Fine.

But don't take a giant shit on my hometown before you leave. Thats uncalled for and unprofessional.

Maybe I misread this line.... "Ça ne donne pas envie de sortir pour aller souper."

Which I thought said, I couldn't go out for Dinner.

Still... that seems odd to me. The team recommends the players don't go out for dinner? Come On. This is Hamilton... Canada... its not that bad.

Like I said... Less than 1 murder per moth. How many Swedes play for Detroit? Where there is more than 1 murder per day.

And the guy is a liar... there was no 12 year old stabbed to death at the corner of his hotel.... didn't ######ing happen. No news of this whatsoever.

You wanna leave the bulldogs and go home to make more money? Fine.

But don't take a giant shit on my hometown before you leave. Thats uncalled for and unprofessional.

All he says is that is that a 23 year old swede is not feeling comfortable playing in a city not as great as a. swedish city which is totally believable to me. If u cant take it its not my problem. You are still lying about what he said to swedish newspapers.
Makes me think twice about the truth about your articles in "thats the last word".
Think about what you write in the future if u got no proof.

He will be playing for my.swedish version of Boston Bruins so dont think Ill be defending this guy just because he is a swede.

Jeez guy, I misinterpret one line, and you are gonna question everything I've ever written and attack my site? Harsh crowd. Everyone makes mistakes, and it was a mistake, not an intentional lie.

Of course, I'm still looking for the explanation on the 12-year-old who was "stabbed to death at the corner near my hotel" since that apparently never happened.

As for Sweden being soooo much safer and better.... The Homicide rate for Canada vs Sweden is 1.6 per 100,000 people per year vs 1.0 per 100,000 people per year. Thats a razor thin difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

We aren't the US, where the rate is nearly 5 (4.7) per 100,000 or some third world nation which are in the 30s.

Commandant mistranslated but he certainly didn't make up crime statistics. Nygren did.

Also players never actually live in Detroit when they play for them. They always live outside of the city, which in areas like Grosse Point is like living in Connecticut.

Commandant mistranslated but he certainly didn't make up crime statistics. Nygren did.

Also players never actually live in Detroit when they play for them. They always live outside of the city, which in areas like Grosse Point is like living in Connecticut.

Of course they live in the nicer suburbs of Detroit. And in Hamilton, there is no reason why Nygren couldn't live in Ancaster, or Westdale.

Nice to see Tinordi physical game back, tossing some good hits and dropping the gloves to stand up for teammates.

Now just need Beaulieu wake up and Andrighetto to come back.

Leblanc must be dropping below Thomas, Holland and maybe Dumont and Andrighetto as well, on depth chart?

I don't believe Leblanc is dropping below Holland or Dumont on the depth chart.

As for Leblanc vs Thomas/Andrighetto. much different. Leblanc is better set for the third or fourth line, they are better set for a top 6 role.

From what I've seen of Holland, he seems pretty similar to Leblanc, but with a lot more speed. For that reason, I'd currently rate him higher.

I'd say Holland is softer... which is why I don't see him working on the bottom lines as well.

Leblanc has also been better in the AHL this year.

I'd say Holland is softer... which is why I don't see him working on the bottom lines as well.

Leblanc has also been better in the AHL this year.

Leblanc is a pretty soft player too, so it's not like that's a strength for him. If you're soft it helps a lot to be fast.

Bournival has been good in the bottom six as a speedy player.

I wouldn't call Leblanc soft. Sure, he needs to add muscle and work on his strength, but he's willing to get involved. He doesn't shy away from the battles and play on the perimeter. He goes to the corners and front of the net. Holland seems more comfortable on the outside.

Maybe I just miss the games where Leblanc is soft but I think he's one of our better players (Canadiens included) when it comes to getting pucks out of corners. It's a skill that the entire team is terrible about. That's what made Mike McCarron stand out so much, he got more pucks out of the corners then the other Habs combined. He doesn't seem shy from putting himself in places to get physical at all. He certainly isn't skating into the corner and trying to get out as fast as possible

Then again, soft is like power forward and other terms where everyone has their own definition. Guys like Leblanc and Gorges put their body on the line every shift but get called soft because they don't drill guys.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't call Leblanc soft. Sure, he needs to add muscle and work on his strength, but he's willing to get involved. He doesn't shy away from the battles and play on the perimeter. He goes to the corners and front of the net. Holland seems more comfortable on the outside.

Lack of physicality, aggressive "attitude" and defensive awareness was main criticism of both Leblanc and Pateryn by Lapointe.

Holland is simply a better (smarter?) shot blocking defender than Leblanc, better skater and overall a smarter player I think, but no he will never be a big power forward nor "grinder". And likely be better offensively as well, but only time will tell.

Leblanc seems to be just spinning his wheels in AHL and not doing what he must do to get called up. They want Leblanc to play exactly like Bournival has been, but with healthy roster even that aint good enough at present.

There is no way anyone is getting a call up with the current roster. Two players would have to be traded/hurt for someone to move into the lineup.

Exactly. Leblanc has probably been the best forward in Hamilton.

For as much as he struggled last year, he's done everything you could have hoped for this year.

He's clearly outplaying Holland right now, IMO.

Exactly. Leblanc has probably been the best forward in Hamilton.

For as much as he struggled last year, he's done everything you could have hoped for this year.

He's clearly outplaying Holland right now, IMO.

You are overlooking Thomas, Andrighetto, whose play is far superior (Thomas in just short stint so far, but he is showing exactly why Dudley/Bergevin made the trade) and most Hab demotes have underperformed.

Beaulieu still in a funk, Tinordi seems to be waking up, Holland for 1 game looked as he should, Dumont not producing as he did last year, but still one of best Dog forwards and should be ahead of LL in depth chart.

I imagine Thomas would be getting the call-up first time injuries crop up again.

There is no way that I would have 5'6" Dumont ahead of Leblanc on the depth chart.... not with Dumont playing like horse shit this year. No way at all.

As for Andrighetto and Thomas, I have a hard time saying.... "They've been the best Dogs forward this year" when they have missed so many games.

Leblanc has been the best forward on the team... start of the AHL season til now. No doubt about that in my mind.

There is no way that I would have 5'6" Dumont ahead of Leblanc on the depth chart.... not with Dumont playing like horse shit this year. No way at all.

As for Andrighetto and Thomas, I have a hard time saying.... "They've been the best Dogs forward this year" when they have missed so many games.

Leblanc has been the best forward on the team... start of the AHL season til now. No doubt about that in my mind.

Dumont i agree seems to have taken a step backwards and has no future with Habs, but if a bottom six player needed, i think he (or Blunden) will get the call over LL, sure he is small but has bigger balls than a Bourque/Pacioretty who stand there and never defend any teammate.

OK, if you are splitting hairs sir, Thomas and Andrighetto, in the games they have played, have been superior looking prospects to LL.

I don't think Andrighetto will get a callup this year no matter how well he performs for the Bulldogs.

Thomas and Leblanc have a reduced timeline to determine whether they make the NHL cut (Leblanc more so than Thomas) and I imagine the only thing that's really holding up Andrighetto from the NHL is another summer in the weight room.

I don't think Andrighetto will get a callup this year no matter how well he performs for the Bulldogs.

Thomas and Leblanc have a reduced timeline to determine whether they make the NHL cut (Leblanc more so than Thomas) and I imagine the only thing that's really holding up Andrighetto from the NHL is another summer in the weight room.

Sure, would have to be numerous injuries up front on Habs before he would ever get the call and he is still out injured, so make even less likely, but he has played very well and should give Dogs offense a nice boost when returns.