2013-14 General Bulldogs Thread

dlbalr

Is there even any crime in Hamilton? I imagine that on an AHL salary, they would be able to afford apartments in a decent area.

There is some crime in every city... but nowhere near what Nygren said it to be in his two interviews.

In a city with almost 800,000 in poulation we had 11 homicides for the entire calendar year 2013.... Nygren must be either a liar or the unluckiest man alive.... he was here for less than 2 months and was witness to two separate murders.... what are the chances?

Nygren seems like a very good prospect. I hope we can handle him better next year.

Super with puck, not so super without it, which may be fine if you are a young forward.

Through 2 periods Farjestad vs AHL he is a team worst -3.

There is some crime in every city... but nowhere near what Nygren said it to be in his two interviews.

In a city with almost 800,000 in poulation we had 11 homicides for the entire calendar year 2013.... Nygren must be either a liar or the unluckiest man alive.... he was here for less than 2 months and was witness to two separate murders.... what are the chances?

That's not bad at all, I live in South Florida, but grew up in New Hampshire, so I know the two extremes. Violent crime rarely affects law abiding citizens, I'm not sure what he was so worried about, sounds like he thought he would make the NHL and wanted an excuse to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

Bulldogs have signed 23 year old Jordon Southorn from Fort Wayne of the ECHL to a PTO. 6'3" 205 D man-native of Mtl-interesting spelling of Jordon. Also played in Elmira this season

If I remember correctly, Dlbair said it was a 48 hr wait if posted waivers on weekend;; He should clear Tues at noon?

It used to be a 48 hour wait on the weekend, now it's just 24 (it was in the new CBA). He cleared at noon today and was assigned.

Jordon Southorn released from his PTO today (March 6)

right Don-

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting piece on the owner on main site, apparently a Spec article. that the owner has no control over the roster. He recognizes the lack of veteran scoring acumen, which we have alluded to for the past few years. Maybe he should sign on to Habsworld. With any luck, maybe things will change and we get a roster that at least has a chance to succeed.

Hamilton was a very successful team for years. It has hit a rough patch recently. As far as I can recall Montreal always would pick up a vet for Hamilton.

Maybe you have missed the Hamilton threads for the past three years.