Ondrej Pavelec
Al Montoya

Team Leaders
G Kane/Ladd/Little (3)
A Byfuglien/Enstrom (6)
PTS Byfuglien/Enstrom (6)
+/- Andrew Ladd  (+4)
PIMS Dustin Byfuglien (14)
Injuries: Chris Thorburn (questionable to play)
Scratches: Grant Clitsome, Anthony Peluso

Puck Drop: 8:00 PM EST TV: RDS, TSN Habs, TSN Jets Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

I'm exited for plex to have some skill on his line.

Davey should hypothetically be a good back checker with his new speed oriented style (where he actually dropped some weight). With some bigger bodies creating space for him you never know how that could work out for him either. (Worked in 2011-2012)

I'm exited for plex to have some skill on his line.

Davey should hypothetically be a good back checker with his new speed oriented style (where he actually dropped some weight). With some bigger bodies creating space for him you never know how that could work out for him either. (Worked in 2011-2012)

I too like this configuration. If DD has any chance of success, it's going to come from playing between robust wingers. The Hero of the Quebec Nation, meanwhile, is where he deserves to be based on performance. I remain somewhat alarmed at the blue line, however. It's probably about as good a mix-and-match as we can do, so this isn't a criticism of Therrien; but that bottom four is uninspiring at best.

I too like this configuration. If DD has any chance of success, it's going to come from playing between robust wingers. The Hero of the Quebec Nation, meanwhile, is where he deserves to be based on performance. I remain somewhat alarmed at the blue line, however. It's probably about as good a mix-and-match as we can do, so this isn't a criticism of Therrien; but that bottom four is uninspiring at best.

It's a small step above Paul Mara and Brent Sopel., no?

It's a small step above Paul Mara and Brent Sopel., no?

Ha ha, you've got me there...always look on the sunny side, eh? "This is mediocre, but at least it's not outright abjectly godawful." :thumbs_up:

Positively, Markov is looking more and more like Markov.

Negatively, DD is looking more and more like an actual Smurf. Someone get a closeup and see if his makeup is fading thus allowing his blue through, please?

As for Brière, every GM makes mistakes with the best of intentions. There was no reason to believe he'd be *this* bad. Maybe he's just a slow starter and will be fine after game 63. PATIENCE EVERYONE.

Lineup changes: Beaulieu in for Tinordi, Gionta for Bournival.

I like the former, Tinordi needs a rest; he's done well enough, but he needs to see the game from the press box and set his head right, just like most other players transitioning from the A. Beaulieu should be a better match to the 'Peg game, anyhow.

Glad GioStyle is back, but I'd like to see Bournival in the lineup over DD. If there's anyone who needs to sit down and think about where he is and where he's going, it's David.

As for Brière, every GM makes mistakes with the best of intentions. There was no reason to believe he'd be *this* bad. Maybe he's just a slow starter and will be fine after game 63. PATIENCE EVERYONE.

2012-13: 4 points in his first 11 GP

2011-12: 3 points in his first 6 GP

Historically he hasn't been a slow starter but it has taken him a bit of time recently to get going.

Positively, Markov is looking more and more like Markov.

Negatively, DD is looking more and more like an actual Smurf. Someone get a closeup and see if his makeup is fading thus allowing his blue through, please?

Not sure I dislike DD as much as Colin, but I was bout the same with Cammalleri/MAB/Spacek so understandable.

And like u say, Briere simply hasn't played enough yet, when Iginla-Marchand-Hossa and many other good players only have a point or 2, you know the season is still very-early and many wanted Cole run out of town after couple weeks also.

Here's what I saw in Vancouver watching DD: his effort level in the second half of the game was actually better. Problem is, when you're small and your effort level is largely around the perimeter, then you're about as useless as dried paint in a can. He had one or two shifts that were workman-like and where he actually went into traffic areas, so if you want to look at the positives, then maybe there's hope. However, the 5-game trend thus far is sometime like a Cloak of Invisibility.

And putting one of those on a Smurf smurfs the smurf outta the smurfin smurf.