Oct. 15, Habs vs Jets, 8 PM

dlbalr

It's not often a team can get away with playing only about 15 good minutes in a game and win but this was one of them. I'm glad Briere got the empty netter, hopefully getting rid of the 0 in the goal column can get him going. Desharnais was much better as well which was nice to see. I was also impressed with Diaz, that was probably his best game of the year. He was second in TOI with just over 24 minutes.

Beaulieu played under 11 minutes (and didn't look good at all), that should get Tinordi back in for Thursday's game. Beaulieu will likely be sent down for tomorrow as they've done with him a few times already this year.

Briere now has the same number of points as Pacs... More the Gionta, Pleks, DD, Bourque, Markov, Prust...etc

He certainly hasn't been great, but he is hardly alone. Hopefully he is starting to get going.

another incredible game by Price - nice to see him get the shutout!! But, oh my god, take away Subban, Markov and Gorges and the D was horrible!

DD and Briere looked better tonight, but looks like they will get more of a rope with wolverine down AGAIN.

Well, another game where we didn't exactly earn the two points, but we kept them from getting too many good chances, and the puck conveniently bounced over their stick whenever they did. Really solid game from Price again, he looked sure-handed with his glove.

Overall, we're fortunate to have 8 points so far; we haven't put together anything near a full 60 minutes. Surprisingly, we've only allowed 10 goals with our sloppy D, while scoring 20. I'm happy that we're getting this good luck - it's better to win when you deserve to lose than the other way around - but I hope we start seeing more complete efforts from the team.

My PVR cut out on me midway through the third, but I thought Diaz had a strong game. So did Desharnais. It makes a huge difference when deadweight actually steps up and performs.

If Price keeps playing like this, any worries about this team become academic. His last two games have been phenomenal: lights-out superb.

My PVR cut out on me midway through the third, but I thought Diaz had a strong game. So did Desharnais. It makes a huge difference when deadweight actually steps up and performs.

If Price keeps playing like this, any worries about this team become academic. His last two games have been phenomenal: lights-out superb.

Desharnais made some sexy plays/passes that game. Great vision on display tonight,

DD and Diaz did indeed raise their respective bars last night.

Subban and Markov make one of the best pairings in the league.

Pax died last night at 12:03 en route to Montreal. Reports have him arriving alive at home.

Bourque is playing some reasonable hockey - but he needs to go to the net more.

I disagree with dlbalrlrlrlr. Beaulieu looked fine during his limited play. And that's because....

All credit to Therrien for using people to their best advantage. It feels strange saying this, but he's making some fantastic decisions and has become a really good coach!

Guest Stogey24

Pax died last night at 12:03 en route to Montreal. Reports have him arriving alive at home.

I disagree with dlbalrlrlrlr. Beaulieu looked fine during his limited play. And that's because....

All credit to Therrien for using people to their best advantage. It feels strange saying this, but he's making some fantastic decisions and has become a really good coach!

Weird thing to say about Pacioretty.

Beaulieu looked terrible in his own end. He's not ready for the show yet.

Markov and Subban solves the Markov issue and the number 2 defenseman issue. When Emelin and Murray come back, this is a formidable d corp.

Subban Markov

Gorges Emelin

Diaz Murray

Tinordi

I'm with dlbalrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrlrllrlr, Beaulieu's not ready for the show. He needs some solid months getting big minutes in Hamilton, if not an entire year. I'm kind of worried that all these call-ups might have changed his expectations for the season.

DD and Briere both +2, were 10-6 on faceoffs and DD was backchecking like he had something to prove (but still had couple weak turnovers that a better team would of ate up).

Diaz had almost as much ice as Subban and played well.

Galchenyuk fumbled couple of sweet set-ups by Gallagher in front of net.

Great to see Price get shutout.

Beaulieu got deaked out badly by a rookie d-man (imagine how easily a Spezza/Datsyuk would walk around him) and also looks terribly weak along the boards, he really needs to go back to Hamilton and weight room. Pateryn seems a much better option, as he is both stronger and can defend in own end.

DD and Briere both +2, were 10-6 on faceoffs and DD was backchecking like he had something to prove (but still had couple weak turnovers that a better team would of ate up).

Diaz had almost as much ice as Subban and played well.

Galchenyuk fumbled couple of sweet set-ups by Gallagher in front of net.

Great to see Price get shutout.

Beaulieu got deaked out badly by a rookie d-man (imagine how easily a Spezza/Datsyuk would walk around him) and also looks terribly weak along the boards, he really needs to go back to Hamilton and weight room. Pateryn seems a much better option, as he is both stronger and can defend in own end.

Gallagher fumbled the sweetest set-up by Galchenyuk though.