Which of his teammates will score before Desharnais does?

Trizzak

The Excessively Negative Towards Desharnais Poll  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which of his teammates will score before Desharnais does?

You missed 2 choices, none of the above (He scores) or all of the above.

You can select as many as you want in the poll (All of the above) or you can select nobody in the poll (none of the above) :P

How far he has fallen. A guy who fought his way up to the NHL from the lower depths of slobovia. He gets signed to the contract he wanted and worked for and then just fell off the earth. The guy patches called one of the best hockey players he had ever played with. The guy patches sez taught him so much about hockey. Now he an untradeable POS. I for one feel really bad for him, I really wish he could find his groove and get his career back on track. If he doesn't soon he won't have a career. Maybe put him on waivers and hope someone who can help him picks him up. :(

How far he has fallen. A guy who fought his way up to the NHL from the lower depths of slobovia. He gets signed to the contract he wanted and worked for and then just fell off the earth. The guy patches called one of the best hockey players he had ever played with. The guy patches sez taught him so much about hockey. Now he an untradeable POS. I for one feel really bad for him, I really wish he could find his groove and get his career back on track. If he doesn't soon he won't have a career. Maybe put him on waivers and hope someone who can help him picks him up. :(

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that that contract is fundamentally what he was playing for. I'm just saying.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that that contract is fundamentally what he was playing for. I'm just saying.

And I may agree with you. As I have stated before and been flamed for motivation is a great thing.

And I may agree with you. As I have stated before and been flamed for motivation is a great thing.

There was an interesting discussion on Vancouver radio about David Booth, with one insider - I forget who - speculating that Booth's problem may just be that he isn't that motivated to excel; that for some guys, the big motivation is just 'making it,' and once they've done that, they're no longer particularly willing to make the sacrifices needed.

This doesn't surprise me. Players are human beings, and human beings are motivated by many different things. You're 25, you're set for life, you maybe have a strong sense of balance and priorities such that you ultimately don't think it's all that big a deal if you win a Cup or become a star or not - it's understandable. Frustrating, but understandable.

(Speaking of which, part of me thinks we should try to engineer a trade involving Booth and Desharnais. Vancouver will probably buy out Booth after this season anyway, and it'd be worth seeing if Booth could maybe recover a bit of his game back in the eastern conference. We could use a big winger. The difference in cap hit is only $700 000 and Booth's contract expires after next year. This might be the sort of flyer that's worth taking).

I hope so, cuz I can't shave before he does.

Really hope you get to shave after the Anaheim game, unfortunately, the way DD seems snake-bit around the net you may look like Tom Hanks in Castaway before he scores :pray: that you are clean shaven by Friday morning

Whoops, I misread the tea leaves! Upon closer inspection, they seem to indicate the goal will come against the Sharks. Yes, that's what I'm seeing, a hat trick against the Sharks. It's unclear whether or not the final goal will come on a behind the back through the legs double spinorama that will cause Joe Thornton to disrobe and be indicted as a sex offender.

• Upvote 1

DD scores tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(note: I typed out each of those exclamation points individually)

You've been doing this a lot, so...

...what are you drinking?

Ah, a special herbal blend, steeped in Andean spring water with a sprinkling of Lachine canal sludge. This time, my visions informed me that father Desharnais will be looking on when his little tyke finally pots one, so it could be tomorrow that I'm thinking of.

Ah, a special herbal blend, steeped in Andean spring water with a sprinkling of Lachine canal sludge. This time, my visions informed me that father Desharnais will be looking on when his little tyke finally pots one, so it could be tomorrow that I'm thinking of.

Sure it's not the Kraken?

If DD doesn't score in front of his father tomorrow, his family is disowning him, his kids are being sent to foster homes, and his wife is being shipped to a gulag.

These punishments apply to future wife and kids if he's doesn't have any yet.