Time to look at signing Gagne

habs rule

Historically hitting the panic button just does not work, like when the Gauthier panicked and traded Spacek for Kaberle. Imagine, we'd have a buy out for Desharnais or Briere if not for that!...oh wait Bergevin signed those himself. -.-

I do think Bergevin is at least patient enough NOT to sign anyone at a time like this, and he seems to like to work from within the organization. As has been said above I could see Blunden/Tarnasky up. I also don't see him making a trade from a position of weakness like this. None of these injuries are loooong term, within a month out roster will likely be back to square one. Patience.

• Upvote 1

Historically hitting the panic button just does not work, like when the Gauthier panicked and traded Spacek for Kaberle. Imagine, we'd have a buy out for Desharnais or Briere if not for that!...oh wait Bergevin signed those himself. -.-

I do think Bergevin is at least patient enough NOT to sign anyone at a time like this, and he seems to like to work from within the organization. As has been said above I could see Blunden/Tarnasky up. I also don't see him making a trade from a position of weakness like this. None of these injuries are loooong term, within a month out roster will likely be back to square one. Patience.

i agree signing anyone else right now doesn't make sense unless we move some of our contracts (i.e. DD, Briere when he is healthy and Bouillon so we can bring in a better dman). I do think we are going to need help on defence, but i don't want to try and pick up a washed up Kaberle or Schneider. It's got to be a move that makes sense for the future.

There may be just a tiny bit of doom and gloom in here based on the Nashville loss and a few injuries. The team is deep, give them a chance to see what they can do. If Price continues playing out of his mind, there's no reason this team can't continue to accumulate points.

I wouldn't be so sure. Staubitz is already in the minors; the only reason Anaheim would re-waive him is if someone wants him; they don't need to waive him to keep him where he is. Given the Parros injury and the other players going down recently, the lack of decent cheap callup options, Staubitz's contract, his previous history in Montreal...I think there's a chance the Habs may be the team interested.

Speaking of options, how is Akim Alou doing in Hamilton? Is he still on a PTO with the Bulldogs? . Any chance he could be signed to be the depth/pressbox forward? As I recall he does play a gritty two-way game, but I have no idea where he's been recently before the try out in Hamilton

Speaking of options, how is Akim Alou doing in Hamilton? Is he still on a PTO with the Bulldogs? . Any chance he could be signed to be the depth/pressbox forward? As I recall he does play a gritty two-way game, but I have no idea where he's been recently before the try out in Hamilton

He's on a PTO still. I don't see them signing him just yet. Perhaps if he really does well over the next 21 games of a tryout they'd give him a deal but not this early.

Guest Stogey24

He's on a PTO still. I don't see them signing him just yet. Perhaps if he really does well over the next 21 games of a tryout they'd give him a deal but not this early.

Do you think they'll sign him? He has size...

Five wins out of eight games played and we're acting like its 2011-2012 all over again due to a few injuries.

November is going to be a rough month but I'll take injuries now over injuries in April. Time to let the kids play. I really want Leblanc to get a shot but he has no points in four games in the AHL. He has to step up himself.

Yeah, we're actually in good shape for how well we've played so far. And I would add that while we've been hit with the injury bug, it hasn't been as devastating as some have framed it to be. The only player we're missing from our top lines is Patches. It's nothing near what happened to Ottawa last year (for that to happen, we'd have to lose PK, Pleks and Price as well) (knock on wood).

Yeah, we're actually in good shape for how well we've played so far. And I would add that while we've been hit with the injury bug, it hasn't been as devastating as some have framed it to be. The only player we're missing from our top lines is Patches. It's nothing near what happened to Ottawa last year (for that to happen, we'd have to lose PK, Pleks and Price as well) (knock on wood).

Yeah, it could be worse. PK, Price and Plekanec are absolute core elements that haven't been prone to injury. Thank heavens for small mercies.

What frustrates me in particular is the way every single "robust" player on our roster (except Moen) has gone down. It's as though there is a conspiracy by the hockey gods to make us as soft and small as possible. But part of my frustration is that I'm so sick of the media narrative of the Habs as shrimps - I was kinda looking forward to watching us catch teams off guard with our physicality this year, the way we did in game one against Toronto before Parros suffered his freak injury. So much for that.

Guest Stogey24

Yeah, it could be worse. PK, Price and Plekanec are absolute core elements that haven't been prone to injury. Thank heavens for small mercies.

What frustrates me in particular is the way every single "robust" player on our roster (except Moen) has gone down. It's as though there is a conspiracy by the hockey gods to make us as soft and small as possible. But part of my frustration is that I'm so sick of the media narrative of the Habs as shrimps - I was kinda looking forward to watching us catch teams off guard with our physicality this year, the way we did in game one against Toronto before Parros suffered his freak injury. So much for that.

We f'ed T.O up that game in the Physicality department. I was honestly impressed. Give it a month. All the boys are going to be healthy around the same time.

To be fair, we tempted the hockey gods by signing Briere. 'Thou shalt not sign another smurf for ethnic reasons' or something. I hope Bergevin is learning a lesson from that mistake.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, we tempted the hockey gods by signing Briere. 'Thou shalt not sign another smurf for ethnic reasons' or something. I hope Bergevin is learning a lesson from that mistake.

:lol: LOL at the 'ethnic smurf' notion...so true.

We knew there would be injuries, it was a matter of when, not if (as it is for all NHL teams)

Now is a time to let the rookies get their feet wet in the NHL and continue building for the future, not the time for panic and signing old, ineffective and injury prone wingers.

• Upvote 1

Five wins out of eight games played and we're acting like its 2011-2012 all over again due to a few injuries.

November is going to be a rough month but I'll take injuries now over injuries in April. Time to let the kids play. I really want Leblanc to get a shot but he has no points in four games in the AHL. He has to step up himself.

Problem is there's no maximum injuries a team can incur.

Injuries now doesn't equal health late in the season.

Sure, but getting panicky about it now is ridiculous. Injuries happen.

Thing is: it's sad that we get so much injuries when the team is supposed to be rested after a long summer off. Imagine after the Olympics when everyone will carry small bobos... How many guys will be out ? 13 ? 16?