Habs vs Oilers, Oct. 22 7:30 pm

Neech

It's after noon and high time we had a thread! dlbalr says it doesn't have to be fancy, and darn it, I'll take him at his word.

The lineup: A bunch of rookies. Beaulieu in, Tinordi out, chaos in all zones.

Edmonton: in shambles, without Hall and possibly Eberle. Eakins threatening to send them all to bed without dessert if they don't shape up.

Go Habs! (Go) :habslogo:

• Upvote 1

Could be one of the most boring games of the year and that's saying something.

I'm sure everyone saw the NHL.com photo caption with Seth Jones from Saturday but if not let me know and I'll post the link.

I am excited to see Patrick Holland he is a very heady player from what I have read but when I have seen him I have been unimpressed.

Bourney gets a big chance with Plex and Gio.

Eberle is a GTD I guess.

I hope to see some new posters in here tonight.

Thanks for stepping up Neech.

It looks like Eberle's going to play though officially he's a game-time decision. I think Tyler Pitlick will make his NHL debut for the Oilers as well.

What an awful last name. Reminds me of Ron Tugnutt.

Thanks for stepping up Neech.

It looks like Eberle's going to play though officially he's a game-time decision. I think Tyler Pitlick will make his NHL debut for the Oilers as well.

Any relation to Lance?

It doesn't have the same gross-erotic overtones, but I always felt "Shoebottom" was among the worst surnames ever to traipse through the NHL :)

It's after noon and high time we had a thread! dlbalr says it doesn't have to be fancy, and darn it, I'll take him at his word.

The lineup: A bunch of rookies. Beaulieu in, Tinordi out, chaos in all zones.

Edmonton: in shambles, without Hall and possibly Eberle. Eakins threatening to send them all to bed without dessert if they don't shape up.

Go Habs! (Go) :habslogo:

A truly unique GDT, well done. I am still chuckling.

It doesn't have the same gross-erotic overtones, but I always felt "Shoebottom" was among the worst surnames ever to traipse through the NHL :)

Shoe! He used to be a bouncer at Brian Boru's in Portland, Maine back in the late 90's early 2000's. I heard a lot of stories about him from the musicians I played with when I lived in Portland. Some guy was acting up at Boru's, and Shoe threw him threw a window! He was the baddest bouncer in Portland history. He started altercations with "you don't want this..." Ominous.

This game day thread will bring victory. I sense it.

I disagree about this being a boring game. Edmonton can't play defence. They aren't particularly good up front either. And between the pipes is downright embarrassing. And the Habs play to the level of their opposition.

Therefore this is going to be a wide open, high scoring, grey-hair inducing, pool happy (unless you've got the goalies), Price pulling, defenceless, angst ridden, fox saying anti-slugfest which will go to a shootout and will be decided in the 15th round.

Book it, Dan'O.

I disagree about this being a boring game. Edmonton can't play defence. They aren't particularly good up front either. And between the pipes is downright embarrassing. And the Habs play to the level of their opposition.

Therefore this is going to be a wide open, high scoring, grey-hair inducing, pool happy (unless you've got the goalies), Price pulling, defenceless, angst ridden, fox saying anti-slugfest which will go to a shootout and will be decided in the 15th round.

Book it, Dan'O.

or we could just wipe the ice with them and kick their collective asses (my choice),

I remember the days when Pitlick, Tugnutt and Hamrlik all played for Ottawa. High comedy, if you're 12.

Still think Pitlick takes the cake in sheer awfulness, especially with Lance as a first name.

A truly unique GDT, well done. I am still chuckling.

Much obliged. :money:

I remember the days when Pitlick, Tugnutt and Hamrlik all played for Ottawa. High comedy, if you're 12.

Still think Pitlick takes the cake in sheer awfulness, especially with Lance as a first name.

Don't forget "Clitsome..." Thank God his first name isn't "Lance."

Book it, Dan'O.

By the start you look right.

I think Ryan white is undervalued. Just saw him rub Holland's head after his first shift. That my friends is what a true team player is all about.

Between this and fishing Bournival's first goal puck out of the net, I have new found respect for him.

• Upvote 3